Community Patch Events Development

One event in particular that is quite irritating and comes up a lot is the one that starts in around Medieval, where a foreigner is murdered in the city and you lose 150 gold and culture. Seems like there's nothing you can do about that one and it feels like it comes up every 5 turns.
That is the side effect from taking one of the advisor's quests, I think the economic advisor's. All advisor options give you positive AND negative repercussions when you select the top option. As such unless you have lots of fishing boats around your starting location it is better to always reject the advisor's quests.

I have a couple of questions.

1. How do you disable the advisor events? They seem to be more harm than good, specifically the foreigner advisor's events since its good events are not firing.

2. When I fired the barbarian horde event, my militia became unique units. I was playing as the Maya and I got a Mandekalu Cavalry and Companion Cavalry. I assume tha AI has this too since Austria suddenly gained access to Samurai and Hakkapeliita. It seemed to fire after I downloaded the CBO version of Events and Decisions. Is this a bug? If so, is there a way to fix?

I'm just looking to disable the advisor events, not really the entire events system.
That is the side effect from taking one of the advisor's quests, I think the economic advisor's. All advisor options give you positive AND negative repercussions when you select the top option. As such unless you have lots of fishing boats around your starting location it is better to always reject the advisor's quests.

just wanted to pop in and thank everybody involved from top to bottom. I am an aspiring modder and cant tell you how inspired I was by this VP effort. Cheers

Has anyone here ever found out how you can use the community events in a modpack?
They are great, but I'm not sure whether I find them triple-your-loading-time-great.

For whatever reason, making a modpack with community events removes the game audio.
Was it ever reported on their Github ? (https://github.com/TechpriestEnginseer/Community-Patch-Events-Development/issues)

I've took some time to make it works. (Not fully tested, but seemed to work. Its generated a lot of error messages because its not clean, but I've not encountered any bugs for now)

Solution 1:
+Download the .zip and use it instead of the mod.
+Create a modpack (http://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_Modpack)
+Enjoy

Solution 2:
+Delete into "(7) Community Events" the "Audio" folder
+Delete from "Developmental.sql" everything after line 20 (all the lines about Audio stuff)
+Delete into "(7) Community Events/XML" the "AudioDefines.xml"
+IMPORTANT: Substitute on every line of every file of "(7) Community Events" every sound name (of the form "AS2D_EVENT_ENAME") by "NULL"
If you use notepad++, you just have to make a Search and Replace trough the folder, in regular expression mode:
Search : AS2D_EVENT_E[^<]*
Replace: NULL
+Create a modpack (http://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_Modpack)
+Enjoy

@Enginseer If you have some time, maybe making this cleaner (by using base sound instead of none) and accessible in the front page would be an idea. Maybe set base sound to every events and have a file that update every event to their new sounds, so that deleting one file would be enought ?

Attachments

• (7) Community Events (without sounds) (v 4).zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 158
Spoiler :
<Row><Type>EVENT_CHINA_UE</Type><EventClass>EVENT_CLASS_CIV_SPECIFIC</EventClass><Description>TXT_KEY_EVENT_CHINA_UE_DESCRIPTION</Description><Help>TXT_KEY_EVENT_CHINA_UE_HELP</Help><NumChoices>6</NumChoices><RandomChance>25</RandomChance><RandomChanceDelta>125</RandomChanceDelta><EventCooldown>0</EventCooldown><IsOneShot>false</IsOneShot><RequiredEra>ERA_CLASSICAL</RequiredEra><RequiredCiv>CIVILIZATION_CHINA</RequiredCiv><MinimumNationalPopulation>30</MinimumNationalPopulation></Row>

Any reason China has min pop 30 instead of 60 like all other civs?

Bug. Is already fixed in Version 4 which should be expected to come within a week or so. It makes it easy to create a modpack considering that you just need to delete a file now instead of making several changes, while also creating a Lua workaround for all civ compatible civs that does not contain the Community Event sets(i'll clarify more when the version is released).

Engi, I don't wanna annoy you about this, but since you may have a crippling addiction to Dota, it'd be nice to know how that new version's coming along. I've been holding off on trying the latest VP for it :D

+10XP to scouts doesn't apply to pathfinders :(
That's correct applies to scouts only.
Engi, I don't wanna annoy you about this, but since you may have a crippling addiction to Dota, it'd be nice to know how that new version's coming along. I've been holding off on trying the latest VP for it :D
Civ Events were a mistake. They are a pain to update and regulate especially when hokath gave me all 43 civ updates in big changes rather than I do it periodically like say (The European civ updates and all that stuff although I should have done it). I'm on 28 out of 43 left? There's too much big changes to document, so I'll just leave it for people to find out the goodies themselves.

Civ Events were a mistake. They are a pain to update and regulate especially when hokath gave me all 43 civ updates in big changes rather than I do it periodically like say (The European civ updates and all that stuff although I should have done it). I'm on 28 out of 43 left? There's too much big changes to document, so I'll just leave it for people to find out the goodies themselves.

Any chance of loosening the format? So instead of one player event of 6 choices, split them up to a few different events, like E&D compatible custom civs have always done? This makes it less jarring when a civ has less or more events, and having to always think of 5 choices is quite difficult for me (I'm not the creative type :().

Top Bottom