Community Patch for BNW

Using just the community patch, installed manually with the 2 files removed from the Lua folder (or without removing) causes all yield icons to be displayed as food icons. Issue does not present with just Eui or just the community patch running. I may be doing something wrong, but it appears to be a bug.

Tested by removing all Civ V files removed and freshly installed current game with all DLC. With each mod independently and together.

Did you clear your cache? Also, if using EUI with the community patch, delete the yieldiconmanager files out of the LUA folder in the CP. Try that and report back.
G

I play standard/large/strategic balance with a start in classical era for now. At turn 21 Pachacuti already have 3 towns and the Petra. If he don't cheat he is very good at this game :D

I used the latest (19SEP) version, and I have one glitch: Jaguars aren't upgrading to swordsmen OR Spearmen. Now, I'm using a custom civ that has Jaguar's swapped in for warrior, so if there's a balance patch change to jaguar (other than the new path to spearman) I couldn't findit, that could be the source, but if there was no change then it's a bug.

I used the latest (19SEP) version, and I have one glitch: Jaguars aren't upgrading to swordsmen OR Spearmen. Now, I'm using a custom civ that has Jaguar's swapped in for warrior, so if there's a balance patch change to jaguar (other than the new path to spearman) I couldn't findit, that could be the source, but if there was no change then it's a bug.

Using the CBP or just the CP? I'm not at my computer currently, but I believe the Jaguar holds off from upgrading to a swordsman, instead upgrading to a longswordsman. In any case, look at the civilopedia.

G

Has anyone talked about church law? Look at the ten commandments and compare other faiths and traditions around the world- it has not only united people under a single banner but governed the rules that control a population. Could reduce crime.

As an aside, what about a religion bonus/piety upgrade that reduces your combat strength or creates unhappiness for declaring wars against civs with that religion? A non-military strat to convert your neighbours to your religion to protect against DoWs. "Brothers under heaven" or some such name.

Christians (along with muslims) didn't have problems killing "brothers under heaven" though.
As for DoWs, +40 diplo-bonus alone is strong enough to protect you from random DoWs up until ideologies start to roll out.

So for some reason ever since installing this mod, i load up and enable the mods and start a game with huge map and i could put the player count down to like 6 instead of 12 or whatever default for huge map size is. and everytime i load a game up all the civilizations start right next to each other. this does not happen if i play without mods but the whole reason i started playing again is beacuse i saw arumba and quill18 playing with these mods and it made the game look fun again. any ideas whats going on?

Hey Gazebo, playing my first game with YNAEMP and the other mods and ive gotta say, this is boss. Really enjoying it.

Anyone else notice any issues with China by chance? I get a CTD when canceling or accepting deals on rare occasions (we're talking 2 in 400+ turns) when playing as Japan. Must be bad diplomatic relations..lol. First issue occurred when I attempted to accept a peace deal from China during war and my workaround was basically denying the deal and settling next turn on my own terms.

2nd time im not sure if I can get around this. China wants me to DOW on Korea, but canceling CTD and accepting a different deal does the same. Havnt tried accepting since going to war with Korea would put me in deep sh!t. Got saves for both.

Once again though, love the mod(s) and excited to watch it get bigger and better.

My tooltips say

Assets/DLC/UI_bc1/Core/EUI_tooltips.lua:90:attempt to call method 'GetBuildingInvestment' (a nil value)

My tooltips say

Assets/DLC/UI_bc1/Core/EUI_tooltips.lua:90:attempt to call method 'GetBuildingInvestment' (a nil value)

Delete UI_bc1 in your DLC folder, clear cache, reinstall again.

My tooltips say

Follow this Tutorial in order to avoid that you missed something:
Manual v 1.2

Delete UI_bc1 in your DLC folder, clear cache, reinstall again.

Got the same fault, and tried this. But still get the same errorcode. Tried following the manual and stille getting the errorcode.. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Got the same fault, and tried this. But still get the same errorcode. Tried following the manual and stille getting the errorcode.. Anyone got any other suggestions?
So if you followed the Manual and read everything from chapter one to eight, following the detailed install instruction in chapter five, you should be now at a point to enjoy the game.. Ok, you read the requirements and you prepared your folders that were described in chapter three? You then downloaded the automatic installer (cha. 4) and followed the correct sub-chapter to install it. You double checked the correct installation and started the game via the Mods menu? Maybe there is the issue! You have to play a game via the start menu, you can not click back and use the singleplayer menu instead.

So if you followed the Manual and read everything from chapter one to eight, following the detailed install instruction in chapter five, you should be now at a point to enjoy the game.. Ok, you read the requirements and you prepared your folders that were described in chapter three? You then downloaded the automatic installer (cha. 4) and followed the correct sub-chapter to install it. You double checked the correct installation and started the game via the Mods menu? Maybe there is the issue! You have to play a game via the start menu, you can not click back and use the singleplayer menu instead.

That is probably where it all went wrong. I'll try that when I get home tonight.. Thanks a lot!

Probably kinda dumb to give suggestions but I will anyway- engineering could give a bonus to the effectiveness of walls (and increase the production cost of walls built after it's discovered. Existing walls are improved via the maintenance cost per turn).

Something in the might tree (finisher?) could give great writer points from military victories. Works like the Odyssey and Iliad were based on the Trojan war, so a military culture would surely take advantage of such achievements. Expanding on this, units with enough promotions when killed in battle have a small chance of becoming heroes after death, improving culture some how? Or perhaps great generals get experience points for victories within their field of influence? Great general experience could be used to improve how effective they are in battle.

Works of writing are interesting. They're cultural and create tourism, but there are many ways you could use writing beyond simple cultural objects. Scientists could write codices or publish works like the Origin of Species, Prophets could create Holy Books like the Bible, Torah, Quran or others.

You've dropped trading posts in favour of towns, which is good- trading posts scattered all over the place makes no sense, but a trading post on a road does. Drop a trading post on a road that connects two cities and get a gold bonus from land trade routes that use that road. Yield is equal to 1/n where n is the number of trading posts you have on the same road (so it makes no sense to clog all your roads with trading posts).

Canal cities. Your allies can trade through them with open borders (I think) but maybe it makes more sense to allow ships through with a huge toll (set by you). Panama irl charges exorbitant prices to let ships through, but the fuel cost of sailing around south america is so high that many shipping companies bite the bullet and pay it anyway. This is great and would provide a strong strategic advantage for having canal cities.

Probably kinda dumb to give suggestions but I will anyway- engineering could give a bonus to the effectiveness of walls (and increase the production cost of walls built after it's discovered. Existing walls are improved via the maintenance cost per turn).
*points to the building upgrade system by BlouBlou which you can modify for your personal usage to set prereq techs if necessary to upgrade your buildings.*

Canal cities. Your allies can trade through them with open borders (I think) but maybe it makes more sense to allow ships through with a huge toll (set by you). Panama irl charges exorbitant prices to let ships through, but the fuel cost of sailing around south america is so high that many shipping companies bite the bullet and pay it anyway. This is great and would provide a strong strategic advantage for having canal cities.
Charge GPT if they want open borders with you.

I have a crash that I am fairly certain is being caused by this mod (never had any corruption before in any of my many plays and this is the first game with this mod). I have all related mods of the pack.

If I don't clear the cache then any of the loaded saves will cause crash, an immediate black screen/no activity crash. But if I clear cache after every crash then only processing from turn 346 to turn 347 (year 1630-1635) will cause crash. It is always the same and it doesn't matter if I try to load a save from turn 335. Basically the crash happens with Austrians processing and before Huns show up as the next civ to process.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong here. I want to use IGE to try to fix whatever hangs the game.

EDIT: Through IGE I've noticed that Huns have a city called Villach. I thought that they can't use names of civs in the current game? I've renamed the city but still the crash happened.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong here. I want to use IGE to try to fix whatever hangs the game.

EDIT: Through IGE I've noticed that Huns have a city called Villach. I thought that they can't use names of civs in the current game? I've renamed the city but still the crash happened.

You can try posting your logs here - they could indicate what went wrong in your game. If you enjoy messing with IGE, you can try deleting all Austrian units (there is a button for deleting them all at once). If it lets you proceed to the next turn, then we know your bug is related to (Austrian) units somehow. If does not, then you can delete the entire Austrian civ (or you can delete Villach, if you think it is causing the problem).

Also, are you using any other mods?

And yes, you should always delete cache and ModUserData when you install the new version if CBP.

Thanks, vyyt, good advice.

Killing Austrian Civ did in fact go well through, no crash.
Deleting all Austrian units made the turn process smoothly as well.

So the problem is related to something that Austrians units do I guess?

I will play around with logs in few hours, never done it before.

Thanks, vyyt, good advice.

Killing Austrian Civ did in fact go well through, no crash.
Deleting all Austrian units made the turn process smoothly as well.

So the problem is related to something that Austrians units do I guess?

It seems so. This is beyond my abilities, please file a report in the bugs thread or GitHub (please mention that killing the Austrian units made the turn process smoothly) and post your basic logs. The devs might want to see your OperationalAI.log too, unfortunately I forgot how to activate it and cannot find any relevant info on Google.

EDIT: no other mods, right?

Top Bottom