1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch for BNW

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, May 15, 2014.

1. DrT

DrT Chieftain

Yes, no other mods.

I'm still trying to find out what exactly is wrong. At the moment I found out that just deleting Austrian only settler solves the issue. From checking settler's location I don't see it possible that he could have created a legal city.

PlayerTacticalAI log shows last two lines as:
    346, Austria, no zone, No units to capture city
    346, Austria, no zone, No gather move for 1 units

OperationalAI log shows these 2 last entries:
    346, Austria, AI_OPERATION_PILLAGE_ENEMY, Gathering Forces, Army: 4113, Gather X: 33, Gather Y: 7, Longswordsman at (60-20),
    346, Austria, AI_OPERATION_FOUND_CITY, Gathering Forces, Army: 4525, Gather X: 52, Gather Y: 20, Settler at (52-20),Musketman at (50-38),

After deleting the settler the lines in PlayerTacticalAI go:

346, Austria, no zone, No units to capture city
    346, Austria, no zone, No gather move for 1 units
    346, Austria, no zone, Pulling back from city, no melee support for conquering
    346, Austria, no zone, Guard Improvement, X: 60, Y: 20, Turns Away: 0

OperationalAI log has these lines:
    346, Austria, AI_OPERATION_PILLAGE_ENEMY, Gathering Forces, Army: 4113, Gather X: 33, Gather Y: 7, Longswordsman at (60-20),
    346, The Huns, AI_OPERATION_FOUND_CITY, Gathering Forces, Army: 1539, Gather X: 11, Gather Y: 29,

2. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Hmm, a new version has been released. The changelog says a "rare bug causing CTDs" related to unit operational AI has been fixed. I hope this solved your problem.

By the way, how did you enable the OperationalAI.log??? I managed to enabled it once in the past somehow and I forgot how. Now when I enable logging, I am only getting the basic ones, such as database.log or lua.log.

3. DrT

DrT Chieftain

I will get the new version and report back if it solved it.

I set to 1 AILog, LoggingEnabled and MessageLog. I have no idea which one of those 3 turned it on.

4. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Chieftain

Anyway to play this without the happiness changes? I not half way through the game but I have over 85 unhappiness. I bought all the appropriate building but can bare;y put a dent in the unhappiness and for some reason the number tends to change back and forth (by massive swings) every couple of turns.

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Not really- there's a learning curve for the unhappiness, so don't give up after one game. Requires a bit of a rethink as to how you expand and conquer compared to vanilla civ.

G

6. Funak

Funak Deity

If you want some help you can post some pictures, explanations and general gameplan. People around here love to stroke their ego by offering solution to problems like this :D

7. DarkMessiah

DarkMessiah Chieftain

Will this be updated to use the latest version of DLL - Various Mod Components (v 67) I'm unable to activate Diplomacy - No Expansion Dialogs (v 1), Diplomacy - No Pointless Dialogs (v 1), and a couple other mods of Whoward's due to the dependency not being there. The dependency is DLL - Various Mod Components. Majority of his mods are able to be activated.

Edit: Even better would be the removal of DLL - Various Mod Components from Community Patch all together to maximize compatibility.

8. werothegreat

werothegreat Warlord

Is there a list anywhere of all the changes made? I have no idea how I'm supposed to build Towns, it doesn't say anywhere in the Civopedia the range of city ranged attacks - everything is so opaque...

9. vyyt

vyyt Deity

There you go:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=541569

10. werothegreat

werothegreat Warlord

11. werothegreat

werothegreat Warlord

When the Book of Kells pops up as a Great Work of Art, the picture is so large that there's no button to close it. I had to save and quit the game I was in.

12. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Please put this in the bugs thread or on GitHub, it can be overlooked here. By the way I think you can get off the art screen by pressing Esc, or not?

13. Edaka

Edaka King

Indeed you can.

14. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

I am wondering, since tourism happens much sooner now, maybe the tourism from Stupas can be set to an earlier tech, or even without tech requirement at all?

Also, the well and the herbalist are early buildings. How about adding them to the free buildings for Colonist/Pioneer?

15. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Chieftain

ok understood, but seriously is there a way to play without the unhappiness changes?

16. NamasteChicken

NamasteChicken Chieftain

I have this weird thing in which when I settle my first city, maybe my scout (which I always build first) will take one turn, maybe 3 or maybe 8. and it's not my cities production. It's just odd
    Is this a free build asset or is it just weird?

17. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I think you are founding your cities on forests. The forest is automatically chopped and added to production the moment you found your city. If you found your city on a non-forest tile, you should not be getting any production bonus.

18. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Jungles do it to, though a tad less than forests.

G

19. noncasus

noncasus Chieftain

Not sure if I'm asking in the right place but does the patch support 60+ civs?

20. vyyt

vyyt Deity

No and no :)