Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

You need to reinstall Vox Populi.

The mods of Vox Populi are numbered (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), and then either (6a), (6b) or (6c) depending on the options you chose (but you need at least one).
    On top of that, the mod "(1)" is different between the 43civ version and the standard version.
    (But has the same name, for compability reasons)

2. briantjack

briantjack Chieftain

What's the current thread for reporting bugs or commentary on the latest edition? The link that is provided in the first post (for installing the mod) may be outdated, as the thread that is linked to has its last post submitted over two years ago.

The problem I am experiencing is the game won't proceed past turn 365. I am prompted to choose city production, but clicking on it does not take me to a city production screen; furthermore, all cities are producing something ... so I should be able to end the turn.

3. vyyt

vyyt Deity

4. sonofmrhair

sonofmrhair Chieftain

Hi,
    I recently manually installed vox populi, followed the install instructions exactly. Everything seems to work perfectly minus one thing. There are no longer icons above any units. Is this a feature of the mod that I'm unaware of or is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

5. vyyt

vyyt Deity

That's not part of VP. You must install the FlagPromotions for EUI - look it up in the compatible mods thread. It works only with the EUI version of VP. Don't try using the old non-EUI one, it will clog your memory in the late game.

Also, why did you install VP manually? Why don't you use the autoinstaller?

6. sonofmrhair

sonofmrhair Chieftain

Thanks, installing that other mod seems to have fixed the problem.

I tried using the auto installer but it gave me the same issue so I decided to manually install and see if that would change anything.

vyyt likes this.
  7. charliebucket

charliebucket Chieftain

Noob question here. When a new version comes out is there any type of uninstall process you have to do with the old version?

Or just go ahead and auto install the new version?

8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

The autoinstaller should take care of everything. If you want to be 100% sure, you can manually delete the cache and ModUserData folders (at the same tier as the MODs folder) before running the autoinstaller.

charliebucket likes this.
  9. charliebucket

charliebucket Chieftain

Thank you, I'll delete those to make sure. Was having some problems with crashing.

vyyt likes this.
  10. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Are you running any other mods? When do the crashes happen? Are they consistent (= if you load an autosave 1 turn before the crash, will it crash again next turn?).

11. charliebucket

charliebucket Chieftain

No other mods and the crashes have happened in my last few games and always in the later eras, late game - turns 400+.

They're pretty consistent(crashing after autosaves).

I'm trying my first game on the new release now though

12. Raider

Raider Warlord

I have been having major problems with happiness in the October patch.

I am playing on Immortal as Russia (though I have also played with Aztecs and saw similar issues). First of all, it's been very difficult to maintain positive happiness in general even though I am doing very well:
    1. I have a lot of luxuries (9-10)
    2. I am the tech leader
    3. My cities are producing a healthy amount of gold.

And yet I just hit -29 unhappiness.
    Moreover, it happened in 2 turns. I was at positive 2. Next turn it dropped to -7. The next to -29.

Moreover I noticed that building descriptions will say something along the lines that this building reduces the X need and the numbers will show old need and new need. The change seems almost insignificant (for example 2 one hundredths of a point - example 2.68 downn to 2.66).

I just don't understand this, and it seems extremely hard to control. I seem to hit a point in the game where, even though I am doing very well and am on a winning path, the game becomes unplayable because my happiness just tanks. Moreover, it's extremely swingy. I don't get this. The dual factor of it being extremely difficult to keep the empire happy and the fact that the swings are huge and completely unpredictable makes the game almost unplayable at that point. It just feels arbitrary and uncontrollable.

Have other people noticed the same thing? I did not have this issue in the earlier versions of the game, where I had little trouble keeping my empire happy.

13. Leondegrance

Leondegrance Prince

The November autoinstaller messed the CIv-43 version. It is gone. No more Civ 43 games. Why ?

Edit. Nevermind. I didn't see there was a dropdown menu in the autoinstaller where you choose the 43-Version. Silly.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  14. Leondegrance

Leondegrance Prince

Off.png What's with the Policies Off, Happiness Off ? Why is this appearing now ?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  15. Homie1984

Homie1984 Chieftain

Hi everyone,

I have problems to start a game with this mod pack. I have used the automatic installer, activated all Com Patch related mods in the mod menu (that is (1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6a). But everytime I am trying to start a game in crashes to desktop. Any ideas why?

16. Homie1984

Homie1984 Chieftain

ok, nevermind.. I have unsuscribed from all mods I had and cleared the mod folder. Then uninstalled this mod pack. Now it works

17. DeityJ

DeityJ Chieftain

I have the same exact problem as leondegrance after updating to the new one. I actually did a clean install of civ 5 then vox populi 43 mod with EUI. I've been using this for over a year with no problems prior to update.

18. Fir3Li0n

Fir3Li0n Chieftain

11-9 update auto installer. I get a lot of "textures unable to load" on game creation. I have no idea how to fix.

19. DeityJ

DeityJ Chieftain

Looked at other sites, doesn't appear anyone knows why this is happening. Steam changed the load screen. Could this have effected Vox Populi? I've been looking for the previous version but it appears to be taken down. Is the vox populi .exe interchangeable, with previous versions. Meaning can you auto install this update and then cut and paste the .exe from previous versions?

20. Leondegrance

Leondegrance Prince

Here is 10-10 which works without the off-off issue.

https://mega.nz/#F!iMNVEISb!gW3aPq-MQ-kibL0lFxrw-w

There is 11-21 version just came out. Try it first. It is in the same link.