Community Patch - How To Install

Hello and I apologize in advance for my question as I feel like I am stupid for not getting this to work on my own.

I installed VP with the latest auto installer (default incl. EUI) and activated the required Mods in civ5 (+InfoAddict):
mod list_infoaddict also active.png

When setting up a new game everything seems to be in order. The leader abilities etc. are correctly displayed.

Now the issues:
When I start a game I can immediately see that VP is not "enabled" due to the tech tree being in its vanilla state
tech tree.png
Also the UI is vanilla as far as I can tell.
infos missing.png

I tried fixing this by deleting the civ 5 folders in Steamapps and also in my user folder and then reinstalled civ5 and VP again. The result was exactly the same as before.

I'd be really happy if anyone has a tip for me on how to proceed :)

Did you click SINGLE PLAYER instead of BACK after activating the mods?

11-9 update auto installer. I get a lot of "textures unable to load" on game creation. I have no idea how to fix.

I'm getting the same one with the newest installer, 11-9 and 10-10 reinstalling everything on each get go. Other fixes that i found proposed to extract the UI_bc1 folder to the dlc but the folder is already there. Also the textures like DC45_DiplomacyOverview.dds that it's unable to load are in the UI_bc1 folder. Send help :D

Fixed: Had installation on other harddrive than last time. Moving the UI_bc1 folder from the old steamfolder to the new installation folder under DLC helped. The installer wanted to install it under the other drive where it was installed last time :p

Thank you!

Hello. I have been having issues installing to the MODS folder. When i run the Vox Populi installer, it shows the mods being installed in the folder, but when i go to run the game or open the folder, there is nothing there. Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you for the assistance. I tried searching for the answer, but couldn't find anything by my search parameters.

1) When you run the autoinstaller, it lets you change the install folder. Is the default path correct? If you have multiple users on your system, autoinstaller may be picking a wrong user folder and you have to either update the path during the installation or move the mods manually after install. Also, make sure that you are not creating a new MODs folder within the existing MODs folder.

2) Are you saying that you cannot see the Vox Populi folders in the MODs folder when using a file manager? Try running a search for some file from the mod (cannot check on my computer at the moment, but I am pretty sure there will be files beginning with "community"). If the search finds something, then you know where the files went and you can manually move them to the correct MODs folder

3) If the Vox Populi mod files are nowhere to be found, then I would suspect a firewall or antivirus is forbidding the install. You will have to suspend them temporarily before running the installation.

1) When you run the autoinstaller, it lets you change the install folder. Is the default path correct? If you have multiple users on your system, autoinstaller may be picking a wrong user folder and you have to either update the path during the installation or move the mods manually after install. Also, make sure that you are not creating a new MODs folder within the existing MODs folder.

2) Are you saying that you cannot see the Vox Populi folders in the MODs folder when using a file manager? Try running a search for some file from the mod (cannot check on my computer at the moment, but I am pretty sure there will be files beginning with "community"). If the search finds something, then you know where the files went and you can manually move them to the correct MODs folder

3) If the Vox Populi mod files are nowhere to be found, then I would suspect a firewall or antivirus is forbidding the install. You will have to suspend them temporarily before running the installation.

1. Correct MODs folder was verified under the My Games directory.

2. The Vox Populi folders were not found anywhere on my computer after the installer was finished, even though it shows the progress bar and folders being installed.

3. Tried this and allowed the files to be installed, same result.

I ended up doing the manual install and got everything to work except the EUI. Kinda stuck on how to get that one to start working.

Hi guys,

I've installed the most recent version of Vox Populi (November 21st (3.11.21)), and planned to play it. I've never played with it before, so this is my first time.

I enabled the mods according to the install instructions:

(1) Community Patch (v. 88)
(2) Community Balance Overhaul (v. 13)
(3) City-State Diplomacy Mod for CBP (v. 27)
(4) C4DF - CBP (v. 11)
(5) More Luxuries - CBO Edition (5-14b) (v. 155)
A compatibility mod with number (6a), (6b), (6c)

All of them except the last one (A compatibility mod with number (6a), (6b), (6c)) what does this mean exactly? the 6a-cs. Whenever I try to launch a game with only the 1st 5 mods Civ 5 instantly crashes.

I'm also playing with the more events for Vox Populi mod and Infoaddict if that helps. If someone can give me some advice that would be great. Thanks.

?? You have to activate all the components installed by the autoinstaller. Your game is crashing because you have not activated the 6th component.
I know that I need the 6th component. But I don't understand how the 6a-c works, nor which one I should use. And what does that mod component look like when you enable it in-game?

Did you install with the autoinstaller? It should automatically install the right 6a or 6b or 6-whatever based on the type of install you chose. If you have all 3 in the Mods folder, then delete all of them and run the autoinstaller.exe again. Then you should have only 1 of them.

The only thing I can find about the 3 is "(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)" in my foldier. It has something called "(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI) (v 1)" inside of it. Is this the component that I need? But it seems like I already enabled it every single attempt.

Sorry, now I am a bit lost. Are you saying that you have a 6a folder inside of 6a folder? Really, just delete everything and run the autoinstaller.exe again. Did you use the autoinstaller or installed everything manually?

Sorry, now I am a bit lost. Are you saying that you have a 6a folder inside of 6a folder? Really, just delete everything and run the autoinstaller.exe again. Did you use the autoinstaller or installed everything manually?
Thing is, I've downloaded 2 previous versions of this game but failed both times. I believe both were manual. I'll try deleting and reinstalling everything. What files should I delete?

Top Bottom