Community Patch - How To Install

Are you sure that you deleted previous version of EUI?

If it was to me, I didn't have and don't have EUI. It's an evil for me :).

So if Im using CBP and CBP Compatibility Files(EUI) I need to delete the LUA from Community Patch folder and Community Balance Patch folder? Thank

Hi, everyone. After "Explorers Continued" disappeared from my mods I found the new version and it says it requires this community patch. So I've downloaded the .rar from the link in the first post, unpacked the file, and copied the resulting directory over to the "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS" directory. I then fired up Civ V and went to Mods and I can't find it. I've been up and down the Mod list just in case it was under "The Community Patch" or whatever and I just can't find it.

I notice that post #1 in this thread has everything except how to actually install this mod. I'm assuming the installation instructions are: unpack the rar and copy it to the MODS directory. Have I missed an installation step?

Thanks for the reply, Gazebo.

I noticed earlier in the thread it was mentioned this serves as a replacement for whoward's DLL so I removed the "DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)" directory altogether, cleared the cache just to be safe, waited a couple of hours while it reloaded every single mod I've subscribed to on Steam, started Civ again, and still no "Community Patch" mod.

I just now double-checked that whoward's DLL directory is missing, started up up Civ, and my mod list still goes from "Colorado" to "DMS's Etc".

PS, I don't have to manually copy a DLL anywhere do I?

Follow up:

I moved the Community Patch directory to a temp directory (out of the MODS directory), restarted Civ, looked at the list of mods (and of course it's not there this time), exited Civ, moved the directory back to MODS, rerestarted Civ and now it shows up.

Go figure.

Gazebo

I found the problem and solved it!

In the middle of the file 'Community Balance Patch - Health and Plague Compatibiliti (v1) .modinfo' is a big error.

This command line should not be there at all:
<Mod id = "0cdeb9c8-1e2e-49f3-bbd0-2acb8833ec8d" MinVersion = "0" maxVersion = "999" title = "Community Balance Patch - CSD Compatibility" />

It blocks the possibility of integrating the mods 'Health and Plague (CBP)'.
So in general is the 'Mod ID' is gone and is not needed.

I removed the 'Mod ID' and the whole command line and mods started to work. :)

Check it out! :)

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me whether the 'Community Patch' works in multiplayer? Wanting to play a game through Steam with a friend.

Secondly, can anyone tell me whether the balancing patch works?

We've not played Civilization for a long while due to (mainly) the stupid AI. I only came across these patches today which look really good.

Thanks

New version (3/30) released). Files affected:

• CP
  • CBP
  • E&D
  • Compatibility Files (EUI and no-EUI)
  • Health and Plague

Can anyone tell me whether the 'Community Patch' works in multiplayer? Wanting to play a game through Steam with a friend.

Secondly, can anyone tell me whether the balancing patch works?

1.) No

2.) I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, it works from a technical standpoint.
G

Appreciate your reply.

One thing I realise when reading back my question - I didn't ask clearly about playing multiplayer with my friend through steam.

What I wanted to say was, does this patch work if it is just me and my friend playing vs AI and we both have the patch installed (ie. no other human players)?

Apologies if the answer is still that it would not work.

Thanks again

Appreciate your reply.

One thing I realise when reading back my question - I didn't ask clearly about playing multiplayer with my friend through steam.

What I wanted to say was, does this patch work if it is just me and my friend playing vs AI and we both have the patch installed (ie. no other human players)?

Apologies if the answer is still that it would not work.

Thanks again

You can't enable mods in multiplayer, unfortunately.
G

Health and Plague Mod (2/21) I think you forgot to change the date in the first post (3/30) ;P

You can't enable mods in multiplayer, unfortunately.
G

Thanks for your reply again. Really appreciate it.

After doing a few searches on this forum, I came across a lot of posts asking about this patch being used in Multiplayer (and also saw you mention that you are looking into getting it working with Multiplayer).

Can I ask whether making the CPP work with Multiplayer is still a project that might happen, or have you not looked further into it/found it will not work? I came across this (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533238) and wondered if this would be helpful in making this mod work in MP?

Apologies if this thread is not where I should be asking these questions

Many thanks.

edit: post 268 of that topic is interesting. Will try it out

What if I'm using EUI, Civ 4 Diplomacy and CSD, but not CBP? Would the patch work for me then?

edit: The patch for EUI, I mean.

From what I understand the special version of EUI should only be needed if you use the balance patch, and not the "patch" only, yes?

However, I have only the patch (not the balance one) and all yields appear as food(apple icon) to me. Any fix for that?

EDIT:
I found the "compatiblity files", that were in another thread, but even after pasting them in the bug still exists..

From what I understand the special version of EUI should only be needed if you use the balance patch, and not the "patch" only, yes?

However, I have only the patch (not the balance one) and all yields appear as food(apple icon) to me. Any fix for that?

EDIT:
I found the "compatiblity files", that were in another thread, but even after pasting them in the bug still exists..

YES, I have this exact problem.

EDIT:

Yes – use the standard EUI (bc1's version) with the Community Patch if not using the CBP. Make sure to clear your cache after installing the CP and EUI. If that doesn't fix it, delete the LUA folder in the Community Patch.

What if I'm using EUI, Civ 4 Diplomacy and CSD, but not CBP? Would the patch work for me then?

Use the standard EUI version. The functions used by C4DF and CSD are included in the standard EUI.
G

Top Bottom