1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Cascade

Cascade Chieftain

Hi all!

I saw this mod on Arumba's YouTube channel and wanted to give it a go. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get it to work properly.

I used a clean Civ5 installation from Steam (with all DLC except the Scrambled Map packs).
    I tried both the Community Patch Project Full (EUI Version) as the (No-EUI Version).
    In both cases the tech tree is unchanged.
    When using the EUI version I get "Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\Core\EUI_tooltips.lua:[value]: attempt to call field '[FieldName]' (a nil value)" for every tooltip that has been changed.
    I do get the changed UI when EUI is installed and the bar at the top of the page is working properly.

Apart from the auto-installs, I also tried a manual install. I followed the how-to-install pdf in combination with the checklist provided on the first page of this thread.
    I deleted my cache, logs, and moduserdata before installing.
    My folders (\Mods and \DLC) look exactly the same as shown in the pdf manual. So I know the auto-installer has selected the correct paths.

I thought at first it might be something to do with admin rights, but running Civ5 in admin mode does not have any effect.

Does anybody have any idea why the mod isn't working?

2. Salamandre

Salamandre King

I downloaded it but I prefer to ask first how it installs, as mod so I can disable/skip if problems, or it affects definitely the core game?

3. falconne

falconne meep

I have the same issue. I have the major DLCs but not the minor/cosmetic ones. The requirements in the PDF states "All Leader DLC" and "Ancient Wonders DLC". Does that mean the dozen or so minor DLCs like "Korea" are needed to use the full patch?

If so could someone who knows post the actual minimal list of DLCs needed? They seem to add very little value for the price.

4. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Yeeey! Happy to hear it worked :)

5. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

With CP only (the core which improves AI and fixes bugs, but does not change any game rules), it should be ok. If you mean CBP (the balance patch, which also changes policies and techs), then such mods will most probably conflict.

6. Cascade

Cascade Chieftain

Disregard that. I am an idiot that did not know how to load in the mods in Civ5. :crazyeye:
    I've got it working know, including the EUI. I really dig it! :D

7. oztricht

oztricht Chieftain

Having problems downloading from Mega at the moment. Are there any mirrors available for the latest version (full EUI)?

Great Mod by the way!

8. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Hey guys I am having a problem downloading the full EUI installer from Mega it keeps telling me that there is a temporary error. Any work around for this?

9. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

just tested it seems to be fine now. i did have to try a different version of mozilla a couple times though

10. Pravus

Pravus Warlord

EUI download not working for me either. Haven't tried the others.

11. smips63

smips63 Chieftain

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the EUI executable version of the CBP? It always tells me "Temporary error, retrying." I tried installing the non-EUI version, then installing the EUI mod from the MEGA folder, but I think I'm having some display errors...

edit: guess I should have refreshed the page! Same issue as everyone else. The non-EUI version works, EUI doesn't.

12. PerryCaravello

PerryCaravello Chieftain

Yeah, I can't download it either

13. Zfish9

Zfish9 Chieftain

For a while there I was worried that I was the only one having this issue. Good(?) to know I'm not the only one suffering!

14. Vainilas

Vainilas Chieftain

Same issue here..

15. Estebanium

Estebanium Prince

16. PerryCaravello

PerryCaravello Chieftain

Hey this is really strange, I tried downloading yours and I can still download any but the EUI version. I tried it on chrome, firefox, and edge. All of the other files work fine.

17. Estebanium

Estebanium Prince

Please try to reload the page with F5 or by clicking on the curved arrow (reload) at the URL bar. I messed the first link in my initial post, I fixed it some minutes ago.

Otherwise here it is..
    https://mega.nz/#!LYJiRKaK!Y0KAIvyoGGhM9aSkQBN0FMPEE_HS3_End7pjrBWwcDo

18. tartankane

tartankane Chieftain

For those still having problems running cpp, this might help:

I was new to Civ 5 so I did not know how to use mods correctly.

I discovered after much pain and suffering that I need to run my game by clicking the SINGLE PLAYER button on the page that shows "mods in use". (it was not obvious to me that this was actually a button. I thought it was just some text)

So, steps are:
    1. click MODS from main menu
    2. apply the cpp mods and then press NEXT
    3. The list of mods in use will be displayed in the next window. Press SINGLE PLAYER (do not press BACK)
    4. Start game.

This needs to be done each time I load a saved game.

19. tartankane

tartankane Chieftain

Brilliant mod by the way

20. PerryCaravello

PerryCaravello Chieftain

Still nothing...I tried your new link in multiple browsers, reloading a bunch of times. It just keeps saying temporary error. I also, again tried the other files and they all work very well right away.