Community Patch - Modpack (Multiplayer Compatible)

Thank you!
Okay, I did a few tests myself, and while we got not a single reload (played ~50 turns) with the No-EUI-version (which I must admit is the one I usally do all my playtests with), they occured quite often with EUI.
So EUI might be the problem here!

Could you try the No-EUI-modpack instead and let me know if that helps? I'm pretty sure it will.. :think:

Thanks for the suggestion. Would I also be able to run EUI in tandem (e.g. the separate fake-dlc), or would that likely break things? I assume the latter, but I wanted to at least ask.

When you are creating your MP_MODSPACK do you have the UI_bc1 folder already loaded into the DLC folder?

Yes, EUI can be active while using the MPMPM!

Thanks for the suggestion. Would I also be able to run EUI in tandem (e.g. the separate fake-dlc), or would that likely break things? I assume the latter, but I wanted to at least ask.

You mean the No-EUI Modpack + the default version of EUI?
This won't work, no. :)

But I will add a CP-only Modpack as well (without CBP, CSD and C4DF) as soon as I tested everything in MP. This, on the other hand, will work with the standard version of EUI.

Everything was fine up until turn 126ish when I tried to move a naval unit to reveal a city-state, crashing the game. I don't have Gods and Kings if that matters, but I bought all the leader dlc aside from that for me and a friend just so we could play this together. Seems to be working fine besides that crash.

Thanks for the feedback!

But you were able to continue your game without any problems after the crash, right?
Was it with EUI or without?

I've been using this pack (with EUI) for my first Community Patch experience, since it seemed like the simplest and easiest way to get it all added at once. It's been great so far, but now 337 turns in (on Epic) I've hit a consistent crash I can't get past. This is on singleplayer.

I reported it on the Github first, but since I'm using your pack I figure it should go here as well.
Details here: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/677

I have all the DLC (except a few of the map packs, but they shouldn't matter right?) and no mods other than this pack. Any ideas what the crash is about, or how I could get past it?

I've been using this pack (with EUI) for my first Community Patch experience, since it seemed like the simplest and easiest way to get it all added at once. It's been great so far, but now 337 turns in (on Epic) I've hit a consistent crash I can't get past. This is on singleplayer.

I reported it on the Github first, but since I'm using your pack I figure it should go here as well.
Details here: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/677

I have all the DLC (except a few of the map packs, but they shouldn't matter right?) and no mods other than this pack. Any ideas what the crash is about, or how I could get past it?

Yeah, unfortunately this is a known crash issue that plagues the latest versions of CP (no matter the install method you are using), but I'm sure it is the top priority for the next update, so we just have to be patient. :)

When I got the same bug yesterday (AI offered open borders deal and it crashed no matter the choice!) I just made the same offer before the AI could do it.
This way the CTD-deal was never proposed, and since then I've played several hundreds of turns (including lots of new AI-offers of course) without a single crash.

So the trick is to avoid that specific offer, but how do you do this when the AI shares an intrigue or offers a city?! Maybe by changing their attitude towards the player?
At least that lets you continue your game.

More like you changed AI's RNG seed and it moved units differently.

Updated the downloads-section and added

-Community Patch Only - version of the modpack
-optional download to enable Steam achievements in modded singleplayer (also works for multiplayer of course, but only a few achievements (~10-15, maybe more) can be unlocked there)

Hello, I tried playing the mod with 2 Friends over an Internet Standard game. But the game always crashes after the first round. We tried it with different hosts but it always crashes. We also tried playing a Multiplayer game with only AI and no other human player and that seems to work. Any idea what might be the issue? We all have all the DLCs, except the map packs. Any logs I can upload to help?

edit: Well we just tried it without EUI and now it seems to work... :)

Does one of your friends have some remaining files of a previous installation of EUI maybe?

Each of them should try to run the pack in SP too find out who's the one that crashes.

Glad to hear it works with the No-EUI version! :)

Hi, Lynnes. This is probably something that'll require G's attention to fix or understand, if it's fixable at all, but we've been encountering more troubles with multiplayer - in short, encountering any sort of AI unit seems to cause desyncs, as do random number generation and happiness not lining up properly.

The Number gen/happiness desyncs may be Civ native issues, but the AI movement one certainly isn't.

Edit: As an additional discovery, it was not possible to create the Slater Mill after the discovery of Steam power, even in river cities.

Attachments

• Civ5MultiNoEuiNetLogs.zip
    46.2 KB · Views: 143
Not yet, and since there was another hotfix, I think I'll wait a bit to see if there will be more! (especially when CBP is affected, I create all the modpacks from scratch instead of just replacing a few files)

hotfixes are savegame compatible, so it's not crucial I think.

Hello @all
Anyone else having game crashes every 15-20min ? (game closes and ur on desktop)
I've installed all 3 mods...

then i tried it with only CP and BalanceMOd --> still crash after 15-20min

then i tried it with only CP --> and it's working now...

but i would like to play with the balance changes and the nice user interface too... any idea what i could do ?

Thanks a lot
Hubi

You can only use one modpack at the same time.

There is no need to use more than one, because the CPPFull includes everything from CP only, so you only have to decide whether you want the custom UI or not. ;)

cheers

Yes i know :) you got me wrong... what i meant was:

CommunityPatch_10/12
This this is the Community Patch only. It fixes a large variety of bugs, improves the AI and adds other features such as the warscore, without changing any gameplay elements.

CPProject Full 10/12 (No-EUI)
The Full Project also incorporates the Community Balance Patch, which adds and modifies many gameplay elements. For more detailed information, please refer to the official threads or the guide.

CPProject Full EUI 10/12
Same as above, but with the Enhanced User Interface included.

First i installed: CPProject Full EUI 10/12 --> crashes every 15-20min...
then i deleted the folder and installed:

CPProject Full 10/12 (No-EUI) --> same crashes every 15-20min...
then i deleted the folder again and installed:

CommunityPatch_10/12 --> everything runs fine..

So you are saying that there is no difference between: CPProject Full 10/12 (No-EUI) and CommunityPatch_10/12 ?

(but in the description it sais there is a difference)

Thanks a lot for your help
Hubi

I see!
The difference between CPPFull and the Community Patch Only ist that CPPFull also includes the Balance Patch, City State Diplo and Civ4 Diplo Features + the Community Patch itself, so you got that right!

About the crashes: Have you tried to install the standalone EUI before? This will cause incompatibilities, no matter which CPPFull-version you chose.
You could also try to enable logging and post the last part of your lua.log when the game crashes.
If you don't know how to enable logging, you can find the required steps described by Hulfgar in the first post of this thread. :)

Top Bottom