Community Patch - Modpack (Multiplayer Compatible)

Oh okay.
So does that mean you were using additional mods to add custom civilizations or other content?

No we didn't, only the Modspack from here.
Trying to get this running before I dare try something more complicated :)

Updated both modpacks to 10/23.

Those who encountered crashes/ desyncs, please try if this solves the issues. :)

Sometimes when launching the game it randomly crashes for one of us and the player isn't counted as in the game. The civilization won't show or anything.

This seems to be somehow CP-related.
Could it be that this only happens when one of you created a game/ generated a map before, without restarting the game?
It should never crash when it's the first time you generate a map after launching the game, so when you create a MP-game, just make sure both of you have restarted their Civ5.

I already asked Gazebo about that, and he said that this is just how custom DLLs work, altough I must admit that it got (much!) worse in the latest versions. So while the CTDs when repeatedly(!) creating a new game only occured every now and then with 9/9, it's almost guaranteed to happen the second time you create a map since 10/2. :undecide:
Also it really never happens with the Various Mod Components-DLL (and trust me, I sometimes restarted the game 24/7 when testing stuff), so I suspect it must be something specific the CP has added to the process of map-generation.

Also, I've had many, many issues downloading the modpack. The site that you use has repeatedly cancelled downloads, corrupted the file mid-download, or reported the download as finished when it is not. Can you perhaps consider a mirror download site?

I'd be happy to just host the latest version in my google drive as a public link.

I'd be happy to just host the latest version in my google drive as a public link.

Google does not like the amount of downloads I get on the CP when I release a new version. 1000s of hits in a few hours = locked account.

Mega isn't perfect, but it also hasn't shut me out yet.

G

Google does not like the amount of downloads I get on the CP when I release a new version. 1000s of hits in a few hours = locked account.

G

I've had a perfect experience with Mega. It's File-Upload.net that is corrupting my downloads.

G

I use Google Drive for my comic business and pay for a TB of storage. If they locked me out, I'd get pretty damn salty.

I use Google Drive for my comic business and pay for a TB of storage. If they locked me out, I'd get pretty damn salty.

I don't pay for it - I think the issue with google is that there was a run of the mod (1000s of downloads in under an hour). At 50mb a pop, that adds up, bandwidth-wise.

G

I've got exactly the same issue... me and my friend playing 2v2 (AI) and it crashes everytime at turn 125... when we load savegames before (110) it still crashes at 125 at AIs turn... (we dont have naval units)

Sounds good! So if it's not a problem and you won't get any trouble with your account, this would be nice of course!

I would add the links to the first post then! :)

Okay, I got a request for the download and then figured out how to make the file public. Whoever that was, try again now. =)

I've been playing Multiplayer (No EUI) with my friend for the last couple of days, but we've hit a wall.

We've had crashes throughout the game (around every 50 turns, then 20, then 10) some days we'd get through 3 hours without crashing, and sometimes we'd crash 3 times in 10 minutes. The constant crashing is a real drain and currently at turn 225, no matter how many times we reload the save or earlier saves, we can't get past.

We're playing small continents with 8 AI teams of 2, something of interest: When my friend joins or hosts the game he gets "configuring game data" but I don't. Is there something wrong with my/his game?

crash log:
http://www.filedropper.com/civilizationvdx11403694crash20151026t71518c0

Thanks and keep up the good work, loving the mods

Updated both Modpacks to the latest version 10/29.

@Gothic_Empire: Thank you! :)

Are there supposed to be changes to the original CBP mod in this pack? For me, Shoshone pathfinders have a ton of promotions instead of being able to pick ruins bonuses.

Edit: nevermind, next time I'll read FAQ, I promise :blush:

Thanks a lot, I've added the links to the first post. :)

Puusa:
NP! When there will be a workaround or solution for the popup-desyncs, I'll change it back to the original rules.

Eggggcellent.

I tried the 10/29 version in multiplayer with a friend of mine. Astonishingly, it seems to work flawlessly unless you transition turns while in the tech tree, or reloading from a save. Basically, after the first desync there was no coming back.

Interestingly, when trying to start the third game we ended up having alternating CTD before turn 0. Not sure how I can provide information to find out the cause of that.

Attachments

• desync logs from 2 different games.7z
    19.5 KB · Views: 139
Top Bottom