Community Patch - Modpack (Multiplayer Compatible)

So some update on the desyncing. (Still October version)
I think the desync appears after battles. Could it be that the outcome of a battle if different for the second player and the host (if it happens in fog of war, as the issue isn't there if you play on the same team)
Last game we had some issues with me waging war and reloads which changed the outcome of the battle. Which lead to things like my unit killed the barbarian camp off on my turn. After reload the camp was back (also the mission result went back .. I think I got one turn of the CS bonus though) and my unit was on the same tile with the still existing barbarian camp and unit...
Similar things happened later.
Also the few turns before that we had no reloads .. and it started right there again.
It also would explain why this starts around 13 or so as Barbarians pop up there.
I guess a game without Barbarians should go longer without. Well I hope this helps to solve the issue. Maybe simultaneous turns are just not usable..

Another issue happens on reload of a saved game. The save game is the status of the beginning of the turn of the host. But it skips this turn (first turn of reload) completely (not sure if for human and AI).

For what it's worth, I like to use the multi-player compatible version for a simple reason: no need to go to the "mods" section and wait for Cuv to load a second time, basically, in single-player. If playing SP, I just find this a better way to go, AND it's easier to install and remove. Why have the "mod" installation package, anyways?

So some update on the desyncing. (Still October version)
I think the desync appears after battles. Could it be that the outcome of a battle if different for the second player and the host (if it happens in fog of war, as the issue isn't there if you play on the same team)
Last game we had some issues with me waging war and reloads which changed the outcome of the battle. Which lead to things like my unit killed the barbarian camp off on my turn. After reload the camp was back (also the mission result went back .. I think I got one turn of the CS bonus though) and my unit was on the same tile with the still existing barbarian camp and unit...
Similar things happened later.
Also the few turns before that we had no reloads .. and it started right there again.
It also would explain why this starts around 13 or so as Barbarians pop up there.
I guess a game without Barbarians should go longer without. Well I hope this helps to solve the issue. Maybe simultaneous turns are just not usable..

Another issue happens on reload of a saved game. The save game is the status of the beginning of the turn of the host. But it skips this turn (first turn of reload) completely (not sure if for human and AI).

Interesting. Combat animations and info is almost untouched in the CP, but I'll take a look. Are the post-combat popups (health, damage, etc.) working?

G

Working in general or when desync happens?
I think everthing works fine. But battels resolve differently. I guess the random element of the outcome is different which causes the resync. (Not that I have any clue but that is what it seems like to me.)
The info on xp and damage pops up yes. I mean It seems all to work fine.

More details on the weird rollback (I have a screenshot maybe I can get that later ..If I manage to log in from home....)
I think the turn got processed as usual for me alone.
My unit won the fight .. pillaged the camp .. I got the influence with the CS etc.
On resync my influence was gone the camp and the damaged barb unit was still there .. and my damaged unit was now on the same tile with it. (of course I thought first it was gone completely)

And this issue doesn't come up at all when you are on the same team ... it has to be some issue that battles in fog of war get calculated twice (by host and 2nd player) and don't match .

Next time I will check HP of Barbs exactly if it comes to differences there before and after resync. But am pretty sure that the battle outcome is the issue .. Of course bigger issues only happen by close battles .. because of movement (unit kill etc.).

On big(ger) maps this frequent reloading(resyncing) is pretty annoying and time consuming.
Also info popups on the right about events unit killed etc. pop up several turns because of that ...but that is a minor issue as the resync itself shouldn't happen that often.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 176
Playing the 11/5 (current) modpack on hotseat- everything seems to work fine except for... EUI resource symbols. They just simply don't appear on the map.

Does it have to be toggled or it doesn't work with multiplayer modpack or is it on our side?
If so, how to fix it? I unpacked all the contents to DLC folder and the directories are fine.

It's not a huge issue but would like it to look like in quill18's and arumba07 youtube videos.

Just found out about this community patch yesterday, and I really enjoyed it! Thanks a lot.
Now I would like to try it out with friends.

I have been trying to read through some threads, but I can't figure out if the multiplayer is bugged or not? Can we play multiplayer or does it crash?

Thanks again to everyone involved in this project.

Updated both Modpacks to latest version 11/20

For what it's worth, I like to use the multi-player compatible version for a simple reason: no need to go to the "mods" section and wait for Cuv to load a second time, basically, in single-player. If playing SP, I just find this a better way to go

Yep, I completely agree, even in SP I would never play a modded game without a modpack. :)
The mod menu is just a nuisance.

I have been trying to read through some threads, but I can't figure out if the multiplayer is bugged or not? Can we play multiplayer or does it crash?

Gazebo and Ilteroi are constantly improving the CP, also working on MP stability. So your best bet would be to grab the latest version and try it out. ;)

My friends and I have just loaded this up, no issues so far! Thanks so much to the people hard at work developing this, it's really a fantastic improvement on the game. Your efforts are appreciated :)

Working in general or when desync happens?
I think everthing works fine. But battels resolve differently. I guess the random element of the outcome is different which causes the resync. (Not that I have any clue but that is what it seems like to me.)
The info on xp and damage pops up yes. I mean It seems all to work fine.

More details on the weird rollback (I have a screenshot maybe I can get that later ..If I manage to log in from home....)
I think the turn got processed as usual for me alone.
My unit won the fight .. pillaged the camp .. I got the influence with the CS etc.
On resync my influence was gone the camp and the damaged barb unit was still there .. and my damaged unit was now on the same tile with it. (of course I thought first it was gone completely)

And this issue doesn't come up at all when you are on the same team ... it has to be some issue that battles in fog of war get calculated twice (by host and 2nd player) and don't match .

Next time I will check HP of Barbs exactly if it comes to differences there before and after resync. But am pretty sure that the battle outcome is the issue .. Of course bigger issues only happen by close battles .. because of movement (unit kill etc.).

On big(ger) maps this frequent reloading(resyncing) is pretty annoying and time consuming.
Also info popups on the right about events unit killed etc. pop up several turns because of that ...but that is a minor issue as the resync itself shouldn't happen that often.

I am curious if turning off simultaneous turns might fix it. Want to test for me?

G

Hey guys,

at first i want to thank you for the work you've done here!

I registered on this forum to let you know about a ctd issue. I've attached the save and the logs - i'm using the newest version of the mod + ethnic units mod. (I've considered the fix for ethnics units where you delete the content of the WW1_infantry.sql file). But the error also occures when i delete the ethnics units mod.

In this save the game crashes after you hit the next turn button, always when processing step for the aztecs. Although the aztecs have lost all their cities they are still in the game, which wasn't issue before (its turn 891, they were defeated way earlier, I dont know the exact turn when they were defeated maybe on turn 200 or something).
I assume that this is causing the ctd now, but im not sure. I couldnt find anything related in the logs, but i'm not so familiar with the logs in civ. Maybe you guys can have a look on this and figure out what is causing the ctd.

Thanks and regards,
Borrowjack

Attachments

• ctd_logs_saves.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 138
Hey guys,

at first i want to thank you for the work you've done here!

I registered on this forum to let you know about a ctd issue. I've attached the save and the logs - i'm using the newest version of the mod + ethnic units mod. (I've considered the fix for ethnics units where you delete the content of the WW1_infantry.sql file). But the error also occures when i delete the ethnics units mod.

In this save the game crashes after you hit the next turn button, always when processing step for the aztecs. Although the aztecs have lost all their cities they are still in the game, which wasn't issue before (its turn 891, they were defeated way earlier, I dont know the exact turn when they were defeated maybe on turn 200 or something).
I assume that this is causing the ctd now, but im not sure. I couldnt find anything related in the logs, but i'm not so familiar with the logs in civ. Maybe you guys can have a look on this and figure out what is causing the ctd.

Thanks and regards,
Borrowjack

Hey, welcome to the community! :)

What version are you playing on? I think the bug where civs could stay in the game after having all their cities taken was specific to one of the previous versions. That version also had some CTDs. I believe both issues have since been fixed.

Hello,

alright, i must have overlooked that there is a new version, i was using the CPPFull_EUI_11-05_Modpack Version with the newest version of civ (279).

Unfortunately with the CPPFull_EUI_11-20_Modpack the save won't load at all anymore.
Looks like i will need start a new game, we will see if i will encounter the same issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Borrowjack

Hello,

alright, i must have overlooked that there is a new version, i was using the CPPFull_EUI_11-05_Modpack Version with the newest version of civ (279).

Unfortunately with the CPPFull_EUI_11-20_Modpack the save won't load at all anymore.
Looks like i will need start a new game, we will see if i will encounter the same issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Borrowjack

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that the new version isn't save game compatible. They typically aren't.

That's nice to hear, please keep us updated on how your MP game works out! :)

The first session went near flawlessly, just a couple resyncs over the course of several hours. We ran into heavy resync issues on the second session (nearly every turn), and decided to re-host a new match after it was clear nothing was going to improve with time.
The problem was more intermittent in our second match, but still slowed us down to the point of loading screens every other turn by the end of the classical era.

I've attached the net_connection logs, any other info I can send in about our game that'd help diagnose the issue?

Attachments

• net_connection_debug.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 129
After downloading: CPProject Full EUI 11/20 my friend and I tried to start a multiplayer game.

This first time it instantly crashed.

The second time it loaded up and after the first turn did a loading screen from which my friend crashed. We had pitboss turned on, he attempted to rejoin and it crashed again.

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    6 KB · Views: 186
The first session went near flawlessly, just a couple resyncs over the course of several hours. We ran into heavy resync issues on the second session (nearly every turn), and decided to re-host a new match after it was clear nothing was going to improve with time.
The problem was more intermittent in our second match, but still slowed us down to the point of loading screens every other turn by the end of the classical era.

I've attached the net_connection logs, any other info I can send in about our game that'd help diagnose the issue?

Post your whole log folder, please. Thanks!
G

Tried sequential turns with the same result. Loading screen after a few turns almost every turn. So this doesn't effect it.

Top Bottom