Completely Dumb Ideas

To commemorate that, a new wonder must be added to the mod: The Tower of Babel!

REQUIREMENTS:
Can only be built in Mesopotamia

Bonus:
  • Cuts all communication with other leaders
  • Makes you unable to give orders to units or build anything. In fact, every civ is in anarchy mode.
  • Translates every text and menu of the game to a different language
We even have art for it!
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/babel-tower.13722/

I got a dumb one. The Great Pyramids and great sphinx together should be an unworkable and permanent tile improvement that the game starts with. Like a natural wonder. No way those things were built after 3000bc.

I got a dumb one. The Great Pyramids and great sphinx together should be an unworkable and permanent tile improvement that the game starts with. Like a natural wonder. No way those things were built after 3000bc.
Power of the Pharaoh (fair and balanced version): Begin the game with Monarchy, Redistribution, and Deification enabled, as well as The Great Sphinx and The Great Pyramids in your capital.

The sources on wikipedia claim they're probably around 4500 years old, and they seem to be from reputable publications.

I think this is actually not a bad idea -could be also used for Stonehenge which the English/British never get to build. Maybe Stonehenge could provide stone and some culture to cities on the same landmass? Or maybe attract Catholicism to British cities to reflect the Saxon conversions/Celtic churches that existed pre-spawn?

I think "the Egyptians built the Pyramids" is so iconic of a feat that some transgression of timeline accuracy is warranted.

Stonehenge has been suggested as a natural wonder, but the difference is that the Pyramids were built by a culture that shows up in the game already.

Forget the aggressive AI setting - there should be a friendly AI setting. It doesn't actually change the AI behavior but every time you bring up the diplo screen they say something nice about you.

Attachments

• mansa musa.PNG
    mansa musa.PNG
    386.4 KB · Views: 79
I think "the Egyptians built the Pyramids" is so iconic of a feat that some transgression of timeline accuracy is warranted.

Stonehenge has been suggested as a natural wonder, but the difference is that the Pyramids were built by a culture that shows up in the game already.
I think the start date should just be pushed back to ~4500BC (and a Sumeria civ added as the first civ), but one battle at a time. The poor mod creator needs to get the new map done.

I think the start date should just be pushed back to ~4500BC (and a Sumeria civ added as the first civ), but one battle at a time. The poor mod creator needs to get the new map done.
This has been suggested before, I think the usual objection is that there isn't that much to do in the ancient era since tech limits what you can build, there isn't a lot of engagement with other civs, etc. so lengthening it would risk making it more boring.

Just in case anyone misunderstood my above statement. Most evidence seems to point towards the pyramids and sphinx having been built roughly 4500 years ago around the year 2500 BCE.

This has been suggested before, I think the usual objection is that there isn't that much to do in the ancient era since tech limits what you can build, there isn't a lot of engagement with other civs, etc. so lengthening it would risk making it more boring.
I think these objections will be overcome with the additions of Assyria and the Hittites. We should finally have a true Bronze Age system in the Eastern Med with a complex web of diplomacy. Point taken though.

Seems odd to play a game called "Civilization" still without the first civilization. It might be nice then to have an optional Sumerian "puzzle civ" in 1.19 similar to Polynesia with its "special power" being to begin the game with Uruk at size 4 (50,000 pop).

Rhye's and Fall in Abundance has a reasonably well-done Sumerian civ included, so it wouldn't require much creativity.

Last edited:
Finno korean hyper war!
So let's make a 10 000 BC mod !
New available civs :

- Hwan Empire
Spawns in 10 000 BC in Korea with modern era technologies.
Korea will be a respawn of Hwan Empire

- Holy Roman Finnish Khaganate
Spawns in 10 000 BC in Finland with modern era technologies

- Kingdom of Lemuria
Spawns in 9 000 BC in Indian Ocean with industrial era technologies
(Maybe on a lagoon)

Now we need UHV for them.

It should be possible to change civics through peaceful incrementalism: no anarchy but first turn you get 90% of the effects of the old civics and 10% of the new, then 80%-20%, etc.

Top Bottom