1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Compromise Poll

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Polls' started by greekguy, Jul 9, 2005.

?

Would you be willing to do City Limit Variant as a compromise?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2005.
  1. Yes

65.2%
  2. No

30.4%
  3. Abstain

4.3%
  1. MeteorPunch

MeteorPunch #WINNING

Why the sarcasm? We need real ideas.

2. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

That was a real idea. I've played (and beaten) Sid games before, and I'm sure there are several others who have done the same here. If I can beat a Sid Game by myself, I wonder what we can do as a team.

Shouldn't be that hard.

3. MeteorPunch

MeteorPunch #WINNING

Well by giving extra AI settlers, that raises the difficulty much higher than sid. I am with you in saying that regular sid is a possibility, but really seems too hard for a demogame.

4. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Si... ...Si.... ....Si.... ...Sid??!?!???!?! Are you crazy :eek:.

5. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Contrary to popular belief, Sid's actually a little easier than you think, since the AI is attacking eachother so much. You can still finish the Great Library, too, since the AI doesn't value that too highly.

6. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Shush it CT :lol:

They wanted a challange, so I was going to give them a challange.

7. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

You play Sid and participation will plummet. You have to keep the difficulty level at something reasonable.

8. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

I doubt it, we never go parading around what difficulty level we play with. So unless someone opens the save, I doubt there going to find out.

Also, there has not been a single player who was scared away by the difficulty level. Two of the people I'm answering questions for actually want to see a higher difficulty. So it's not scaring away anyone, it's actually giving two newer players what they want.

There is no proof, and there has never been any proof that the difficulty level will scare anyone away. Any sane person will understand that we as a team can play at a much higher difficulty level than one of us by ourselves.

9. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

i still think jumping all the way to Sid is a bad idea. if you want higher difficulty go to Demigod.

10. GenMarshall

I agree, Newbies would be hesitant to join up in the demogame. Regent - Emperor players will also be hesitant to stay and leave the demogame. Going to Deity or Demigod will not help.

11. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Agreed - runaway AIs build so many units, revolt to Facism, etc, that even if you are an age behind you can catch up. I'm experiencing this in a Demigod 5CC...

12. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

so is this compromis binding? or can i just make a new poll after this saying "should we do epic" how many polls do we need? just as many as it takes to get a 5cc?

13. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Ummm... I'd stay for any difficulty. A sid demogame sounds like fun. I probably would fail at a sid game if I tried it alone, but with all of us bickering CFCers playing it... I'm actually starting to like it.

14. GenMarshall

Me, I am very hesitant to try a difficulty level that I have never even played because of facts that they are more harder.

PS - RM, There is a PM message for you ;).