Computer Spec Levels - Advice

So I'm buying a new computer, & this is the most advanced gaming I do (the computer only otherwise being used for garbage TV). Right now, I have to be also watching said garbage TV while playing the game, as the loads/turns take too long.

Would I be happy with this? I know next to nothing about computers (keep in mind I would be getting it for $200).

https://www.staples.com/hp-15-eg006...-256gb-ssd-windows-10-silver/product_24463080

I strongly recommend checking out reddit.com/r/LaptopDeals and looking for laptops rated for 'general use' -- they're really good at pointing out the best quality per price point, and the whole subreddit is extremely helpful in offering advice and feedback. That said, if you're getting the HP for $200... it's hard to do better than that, considering it's hard to get any sort of decent machine for $200. It's probably not the best laptop you could get for $600 or even $500, but if you found a steeply discounted one... nicely done.

Yes. One thing to consider for Civ4 in particular is that CPU is the most important factor. This is because the graphic requirements are met by any contemporary GPU and the game is unfortunately limited in how much RAM it can use. For CPU it is more important to consider the performance of a single core because the game's use of multithreading is limited. Due to the memory limitations an SSD is also very helpful but that seems to be the case here.

Top Bottom