1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Confederation of Independent States (CIS)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Broken Legion, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

This Mod has six new Civilizations which are part of the CIS , Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Pakistan. All have at least one leader, with leaderhead (none animated) and a unique Unit with its own skin and stats. All have relavent Civpedia entries. I play on the principle of the more Civs the better which is why I did these small if not unheard of Civs figuring some one else would do the bigger ones. I'm also part Armenian.

CIVS:
    ARMENIA:
    Leaders:Tigrane, Levon Ter-Petrossian, Robert Kocharian
    UU:Armenian Leggionary(replaces Swordsman)

AZERBAIJAN:
    Leaders:Heydar Aliyev, Ilham Aliyev, Mammed Amin Rasulzade
    UU:Kizilbash Soldier(replaces Chariot)

GEORGIA:
    Leaders:Erekle II, Eduard Shevardnadze
    UU:Mkhedrioni(replaces Marine)

TURKMENISTAN:
    Leaders:Al'Mamun, Saparmurat Niyazov
    UU:Basmachi(replaces Infantry)

UZBEKISTAN:
    Leaders:Muhammed Shaybani, Fayzulla Khodzhayev, Islam Karimov
    UU:Uzbeki National Guard(replaces Marine)

PAKISTAN:
    Leaders:Khushal Khan Khattak, Mohammad Ali Jinnah, Pervez Musharraf
    UU:SSG-Special Section Group(replaces Marine)

To get it running simply download this zip attachment, open it and place the Armenia and Azerbaijan Mod folder in Mod folder which comes with the game.

http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ4/civs/CISMod.zip

You probably know this, but if you're new, after starting up the game go to Advanced Options and click on Mods, then select this one. Only after you've done that will the new Civs be playable.

I'm new at this so if there are problems please relate them to me, in this thread or PM me and I'll try to fix 'em. I'll probably be working on this a little while longer, improving graphics and what not so feedback and suggestions are welcome. I'll also hope to put up some more screenshots soon, so be patient if you need to see what you're downloading.

Finally thanks to JGB for his help, as well as Jecrells 'how to' tutorial.

Thumbnails show (in order) Azerbaijan, Armenia and Pakistan.(others will come)

Attached Files:

2. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

I only found 16 Azeri cities in your mod. I am hoping that you can incorporate the following list of largest towns and settlements in Azerbaijan:

Baku - 1,112,900
    Gäncä - 302,500
    Sumqayit - 263,600
    Mingäçevir - 95,200
    Astara - 89,600
    Qaracuxur - 72,200
    Äli Bayramli - 69,700
    Bakixanov - 66,300
    Nakhichevan - 64,500
    Säki- 62,100
    Khankendi - 53,600
    Shusha
    Abşeron
    Laki
    Agdam
    Lachin
    Yevlakh
    Bärdä
    Biläcäri
    Göyçay
    Hövsan
    Imisli
    Kälbäcär
    Länkäran
    Mastaga
    Qarasuxur
    Qazax
    Räsulzadä
    Salyan
    Xaçmaz
    Kürdamir
    Calilabad

While the inclusion of Haydar Aliyev is reasonable, his son Ilham Aliyev is still fresh and I'm not sure wether if he deserves a legendary leader position while Ebulfeyz Elcibey is not present.

Mammed Amin Rasulzade and Fatali Khan Khoyski would be other good choices as Azeri leaders.

3. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Aww man, I planned on creating an Armenian civilization in the future. You 'put me out of work' Broken Legion. :p

I'm just kidding, of course. Hopefully you find the time soon to post those screenshots :)

4. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

Tunch Khan, I'll add those cities not alreadyin, thanks for that, the more the better. I also take your point about Ilham, though I'm loath to delete him, and why bother when I can just add the others. Mammed Amin Rasulzade and Fatali Khan Khoyski are great choices which I sadly admit I hadn't bothered to look up, I'll add them at some future point. As for Elcibey, he was rather ineffectual I thought, though I'm open to argument.
    As for Shqype, thanks for planning on doing Armenia, I was waiting for someone to do it, then I thought why not do it meself? Out of curiousity who would your leader and UU have been?
    Screenshot incoming (I hope).

5. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

I don't know much about the Armenians, except that they were brought under the Turkish empire and had "genocide" committed on them. From what I know, they were forced to march across a desert without food or water, and many of them died during this journey. I could be wrong about that, but if it's true, its quite different than the genocide Jews were subjected to under the Nazis, so that's why I put genocide in quotes.

I would have looked up information on the civ and then created them. I had some friends that were Armenian so Armenia came to mind when thinking of what other civs I planned to release in the future. Now I'm working on 3 civs in 2 different mods (all related) so I didn't get started on Armenia for that reason, so thanks for making it :)

6. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

You're welcome Shqype, the Genocide is a touchy subject so I attempted to be as neutral as possible when mentioning it in the Civpedia, having trouble uploading the Screenshots, hopefully I'll figure out what's wrong soon.

7. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

Thanks for the additional cities. I'm not saying you should delete a leader who's already in the mod, but it was rather too soon to see him as a leader when he has't been in the office long enough to prove himself. Elcibey has his ups and downs but I considered him as an alternative to Aliyev's rule.

8. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

Elcibey probably would have been a better choice, I conceed that, but I'll probably leave him for Mammed Amin Rasulzade and Fatali Khan Khoyski who I still hope to add. Meanwhile I've added Georgia as a civ. Once again feedback is appreciated. If anyone knows how to give a unit the special ability of decreasing happiness in a city please contact me, or if they know how to post Screenshots, I just can't get them to upload.

9. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

I've added Turkmenistan, I might do Pakistan next (although they're not part of the CIS).

10. Tigranes II

Tigranes II Chieftain

Judging from the fact that you're creating CIS civs, and from your city list for Armenia, it seems that you're creating the modern post-Soviet versions of these nations. So why Tigrane as the leader? He may have been the closest thing to a conqueror us Armenians have ever had, but he doesn't seem suitable for the modern era. Just a thought.

Of course, there can always be an Armenian civ based on another era, such as the Arsacid (with Tigran). I personally would like to see a 5th-century Armenia civ. Even though it was a buffer state, I would argue that it was during this period that the Armenians really became who they are as a nation, with the creation of the Ayp-Pen-Kim and the battle of Avarayr. Yes, I know Armenians had been around for about a thousand years before that, but I think that this era was what made Armenia a people that survived until the modern era (unlike the dozens of other groups in Anatolia and the Middle East in general that lost their identity and were absorbed into the general population, winding up speaking Turkish or Greek or Arab--which I'm quick to add is not a bad thing at all.)

I guess I should stop lamenting the disappearance of the Galatians and the Elamites and start work on a Mamikonian-era Armenia. Their cavalry was pretty good (tho' not good enough to prevent the eventual overlordship of Byzantines and Persians, then Arabs--I guess independence is really an intermittent thing for our people; then again we're not the only ones)

11. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

I was trying to do an all-ages Armenia, though it's difficult, I used a list of modern day cities (Yerevan is sort of both) although I also put in Tigranocerta which is no longer in existence. I intend to add a modern Armenia leader but I've been swamped. If you could send me a list of some of the older Armenian cities I'd gladly add them. I also take your point about the 5th Century defining Armenia. I suppose I could emphasize it more through the UU.
    I would be glad to see make your own Armenian civ if you want and feel free to use mine as a base if it's helpful. Any other help I could offer I'd be glad to give it.
    I noticed your name in another thread and thought you'd come up with some criticisms, I appreciate them though. I also considered doing a Uratu civ which is sort of ancient Armenia.

12. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

I've added Uzbekistan as well as Robert Kocharian, Levon Ter-Petrossian and Mammed Amin Rasulzade for the Armenians and Azeri respectively. if you have any comments or people you'd like to see added please feel free to comment.

13. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

I've added Pakistan

14. AndyTerry

AndyTerry Russian Bear

Pakistan is not in CIS, man.

So what's about Belarus?

15. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

I know, I just thought it should be made. Belarus I can do, and will, thanks for the idea. (Technically Turkmenistan isn't either)

16. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Broken Legion, my advice is remove Pakistan and release a mod just allowing for Pakistan as a new civilization. A user asked me to create it earlier but since you already did I see no reason to do it now.

That way this mod can only be those of the former Soviet Union.

17. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

This mod is getting better and better, I love the UUs. Goodjob.

18. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

Cheers Tunch Khan, I've been having internet problems so I've been kept away, but hopefully I'll be adding to it soon, I have some new reskins to upload.

19. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

I agree. The former USSR republics make them suitable to be grouped together (especially for a cool USSR-based mod).

Pakistan, given its size and status as a nuclear power, would make a good detailed civ as an independant release.

20. GeneralGrievous

GeneralGrievous General of the C.I.S.

YOU DARE INSULT MY NAME!!!!!
    confederacy of independent SYSTEMS!!!!!
    :ar15::aargh: <you
    :sniper::aargh: <you
    you>:) :whipped:
    :thumbdown :dubious:[pissed] :wow: [pissed] :dubious:

My bad about the n