1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Confession time - what have you never done in this game that other people do routinely?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by walkerjks, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Virdrago

Virdrago Wandering

I've never given in to a demand. And the AI never uses any of their "other measures" to get what they want.:mischief:

2. JJOne

JJOne Prince

I've never played any GS game on standard speed.

Jimdigriz likes this.
  3. Solver

Solver Grumpy Civ beta tester

In the latest patch, I've had the AI declare on me twice shortly after I refused a demand. So I think it's now a genuine factor in the AI's decision making at least.

4. TeddyMain

TeddyMain Warlord

I've actually not played on Diety. I usually prefer Prince but the highest I've gone to and won was Immortal I believe.

Also I'm not a fan of warmongering. I've only gone for a domination victory like 5-6 times.

GreenofKnight45 and Bagfran like this.
  5. TomKQT

TomKQT Prince

I've never or realy rarely:
    - Played at other than normal speed.
    - Conquered a city state.
    - Played in the "official optimal way".
    - Harvested a resource that was in the 3 tile radius and I wasn't about to build a district or wonder there (I do, however, harvest resources 4 and more tiles away if my city gets the tile, as I cannot work it anyway).
    - Chopped forests unless I really had to speed up a wonder construction.
    - Exploited any bug.
    - Stopped a game before a win, even if it got boring...
    - Renamed a unit.

6. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

I never played on difficulties other than Deity on a random map.

I never played after 250 turns.

I never see AI finishing any space projects.

I never see AI building aircrafts.

I never built any nuclear.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  7. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

I have never built a canal or dam.
    I have never played a scenario (Civ IV, V, or VI).
    I have never played (in civ VI) any speed other than normal.
    I have never played online/ PBEM/ or any other variation of Multiplayer.
    I have never complained about the price or the business model of the DLC.
    I have never reached an age where Co2 matters, or where those tiles that say they will fall into the sea do indeed fall.

8. Cedbird77

Cedbird77 Warlord

Great question!

I have never nuked anyone. Itching to do though. But it just seems so mean to me. :crazyeye:

9. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

I thought long about this, as I've done or do many things listed above in this thread more or less regularly. And finally I've found one.
    I believe I've never ever made a use of the Public Transport policy card to replace a farm with a Neighbourhood to get gold.

10. IMADAJ

IMADAJ Chieftain

Play online multiplayer. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for years, but never tried. My wife and I play local multiplayer and that’s fun, but she only plays if I agree never to attack her lol. I always wanted to know how my strategy would hold up against all humans.

Win in Deity. I’ve been playing Civ since 1991 and still haven’t given Deity a solid try. I have beaten levels below it though.

Play a hyper focused game. I have always strived for a well balanced civilization even at the higher levels. I see plenty of posts of players picking a main focus to win, and I’ve tried it, but it always killed the magic of the game for me. I enjoy leading my Civ to greatness in all aspects. (I do play with a definite hierarchy of agendas though regardless of which leader I play . I’ve been wanting to write a post about it, but feel as if I should beat Deity using my strategy first.)

11. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

I haven't used an adjacency policy card in my games in years.

12. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Never played higher than King.

Never captured a city-state (or even attacked one that didn't attack me first).

Never continued a game after losing a city that I built (on King, it's a pretty sure sign that a game has gone south). I have continued games where I've captured a city and it's been liberated/captured again.

Never tried very hard to win by a certain time (this is why I don't finish most of my games!)

Never played a scenario.

I think I used a nuke once, just to see what it was like. Haven't since then.

Never acceded to an AI demand.

13. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Yeah, I don't think I've done this either. Mostly because I extremely rarely built neighborhoods becuase of the dumb spy mission.

And the above post made me realize I don't do scenarios much either, although I do like the Australia one.

14. leonardomalk

leonardomalk Chieftain

I rarely try to rush thru the tech tree, in fact I sometimes “stall” in order to enjoy the eras and units a bit more. Playing in slower speeds affects too much the building times, just slowing down on science hits the spot for me. Campuses are low priority due to that.
    That is why I rarely finish before turn 250 and don’t enjoy higher than King difficulties, probably.

MisterBoomBoom likes this.
  15. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams

I'm sure you can make loads of gold by replacing farms with neighborhoods but I've never bothered.

GreenofKnight45 likes this.
  16. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious

Those two are likely unrelated, unless this is a new undocumented change. Afaik, distance, relationship and army score are the only relevant variables as to whether to AI wants to fights you. Maybe grievances, too, I don't know actually. I have never caved in to a demand in 400+ hours and have never seen the AI declare on me for it.

People quickly forget that you're also sacrificing a tile AND a builder charge AND a policy slot (at least for one or two turns) for it, per city. That is a real opportunity cost. Most of the time people treat it as a "free gold" exploit, but it's actually the complete opposite. It's a pretty decent investment for a heavy pay-off. City tiles are already sparse since districts can't go on luxes/strategics/wonders/ and preferably not on farm triangles or hills or bonus ressources.

So yeah, by no means a "must do" strategy, it's simply a fun exercise of one's long-term planning. I reckon the strategy itself is only worth using in conjunction with Big Ben and the Democracy purchase cost reduction. It can net you a Spaceport or even two with BB.

17. Virdrago

Virdrago Wandering

Really? It hasn't happened yet for me, but if it is now something that the AI takes into factor and uses, that would make me happy.

18. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

19. Canadian Bluebeer

Canadian Bluebeer Prince

Never play on faster modes, except in scenarios. Always on marathon.
    I want TIME to get my units from A-B without them becoming obsolete.

20. Jimdigriz

Jimdigriz Prince

I've really enjoyed playing as Victoria in my current game. Its taken me right out of my Trajan comfort zone and I have really had to think about things more than normal.

I've never played anything other than Huge/Marathon on any Civ game ever as far as I can recall - I think I played Epic on Civ 4 once by complete accident!

I never bother harvesting even though I know I should - to be honest, I didnt really understand the concept until lately.

I have never built Renaissance walls.

What is it with that theming screen? You can't swap certain items around because I cannot drag to stuff 'off' the screen! So I have given up on that too..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2020