1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Confession time - what have you never done in this game that other people do routinely?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by walkerjks, Jun 5, 2020.

1. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Same with governors... except for sometimes in the lategame moving liang around to make city parks, or moving reyna/moksha around to buy districts, they usually just stay where I put them initially.

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Is this even possible on any level above Prince? Even on Prince I'm sure it goes fast. I've conquered it, but I don't think I have ever built it. Same goes for Hanging Gardens, though that one I did build in my noob days on lower difficulty levels like Prince. The AI just loves those 2 wonders.

I might actually have to look up the video for that one, not sure I ever saw it.

3. racha

racha Warlord

I don't know if it's because I play with mods, but I get the Great Bath on king more often than not. The NPCs definitely have a thing for certain wonders, though.

4. ShiroToraRyu

ShiroToraRyu Civ 6 Modder

Playing as another Civilization than just Japan. And i am not a japanese

Strange but true :D

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Taken all the gold off a civ In deals before I attack them

Deadly Dog likes this.
  6. trev1972

trev1972 Warlord

Never gone for a religious victory

In civ 4 i used nukes, but dont think i have nuked anyone

7. Solver

Solver Grumpy Civ beta tester

I can usually get the Hanging Gardens, though I'll be sure to get something that gives a wonder construction bonus if I go for it. I also like that wonder, and it's great for Inca and Maya in particular. Now the Apadana is another wonder I can never get, it's never that high priority for me but some AI will start on it as soon as available.

8. trev1972

trev1972 Warlord

Everytime i watch deity 'lets play' the tactic seems to be beat up the AI using its incompetence with 1upt.

9. GunsGermsandSteel

GunsGermsandSteel Warlord

Never won a science victory.
    Won every other type (except score). Science victory usually devolves into domination victory for me or I get bored and start over.

10. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Warlord

Mayans are really good for science victory, IMHO. I got a fairly quick one by my standards.

11. Bechhold

Bechhold King

I've never played as England. In any civ game.

12. Reconciliator

Reconciliator Chieftain

I've never once done the Manhattan project. So no nukes, ever!

13. krmarci

krmarci Chieftain

Good question... Doing these for me is the exception rather than the rule:
    * harvesting resources (even though I should do that at least before I construct a district on top of it)
    * pillaging: no sense in destroying improvements that I'll own in a couple of turns
    * being involved in the religion game in any way. The only thing I do is pantheons, I usually don't build a Holy Site in time to get a Great Prophet. I usually focus on science, and thus the Great Scientist that needs a Holy Site to play sits uselessly in one of my cities. I have never won a religious victory.
    * taking out (walled) cities without bombers. It usually doesn't happen. I usually take a long time to build up my military and get ahead of the AI in science before I start attacking them.

14. Breadsmith

Breadsmith Warlord

I nuke:
    Barbarians
    Ottomans
    And Gorgo. She knows what she did.

15. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious

I mean, peaceful play is even easier and needs far less work. domination means lots of hammers into units, lots of micromanagement, lots of AIs that hate you and don't want to trade with you. for peaceful play all you need is enough space for about 10 cities. as soon as you have friendship with your neighbors the game is over, either via diplo, culture or science.

16. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

Never bothered with a diplomatic victory. Too dang tedious. I wish they would clean up the cultural win screens and make it less irritating. Rant over.

17. kryat

kryat King

I’ve tried beelining it with Qin on Immortal a few times to no success. It might take a random map roll where they happen to spawn without flood plains

18. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

I doubt diplo victory can be called a routine thing.

19. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

DV has changed since the last patch. I won one by accident in my Maya game.

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  20. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

that's only half-right. if it's a district, you might not want to have to spend the time to fix them once you conquer the city, so in this sense you're right.

For simple improvements, though ? All you need is a 1 charge builder and fix the pillaging... it doesn't even cost you a charge to do it. So the rewards/return on pillaging in this instance is very high,
    and you should really entertain it.

Kmart_Elvis likes this.