1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Conflict Manager's Office

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by GenMarshall, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

I now have 18\15\18 cause of the ga. I will convert all the gold and have 21\21.

Ill raise as many legions as possible for it.

2. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

I am officially raising 6 legions and 2 horsearchers for the helenatican army. Those units will be in the II Corps (HMC) and as such the lt. General will decide how the corps will reorganize to fit.

OOC:
    i believe the 6 legions will be its own divisions inside HMC and our horsearchers will also be put into a division, but SJ will post the details.

3. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

also, i really DO NOT LIKE the proposed possibility to "improove" existing units.
    if someone wants a warrior with an attack of 3 instead of 1, he should buy a legion or swordman...
    and not be able to buy armory and such things for them...
    i hope you consider that when you approove or disapproove his "idea"... i like the items for characters, but i think equipping units with them in addition to their normal values is against the spirit of the game...

4. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

and a rule proposal:
    like in dg2, unit raisings or moovments should only be possible for attacking units until 24h before the TC.
    defensive units should be able to be risen and mooved until the TC itself started.

5. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

NEWS:
    as sj's characters were killed of, the HMC lost the commander.
    i promoted Maximus Veen to lt. General of the HMC, and as such he can post commands for the controlled units in here (OOC: yes, its you CG).
    also, you can find the newest organizational overview of the HMC and the commanding officers with their charisma in the lifespanian thread

i did not keep track of the privates though, so thats what the new commander of the corps has to do :)

nevertheless, i suppose the old attack plan is still in effect, just that we have one division more now... (6l+2ha). i would suppose circling the city... the 3 sided near the camp should be attacked by the 3 HMC-divisions, the "backside" should be by any other unit joining into the fight, the jades should be spread around the city for sneak attacking and the 2 horsemen snap off each defender trying to escape...

for realities sake, we should not post which city we attack. the city should be defined by the dg, and not the rpg ;-), so the attack should take place on whichever city is attacked by the dg.

6. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

I am running 10/8/36 (including support costs), and will convert all gold to shields to make 10/26. Julia will raise 6 legions and 1 spearman, to make a total of 11 legions, 1 spearman. As her charisma is only 10, she will give a legion and the spearman over to her husband Brutus to command.

Evidence of land holdings can be found here.

7. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Proposal for definition of good or bad leadership...
    Or:
    How we force the people to decide between quantity and quality of commanding units...

the situation at the moment is: if you want to be a good leader of units, set charisma to 20 and you can controll the maximum possible number of units. thats all.

this is too easy, as only quantity counts...

how about implementing leadership quality?

I would propose using a "leadership multiplier" which will modify the units stats depending on the ability of their leader.

An example of how this could be calculated:
    Code:
    Add the values of:

Agility
    Discipline
    Intelligence

+ 2 for each of the traits:
    Philosophical
    Intellectual
    Naturalist
    or Tracking

Divide Result by 66 (maximum possible is 3*20+3*2)

Add 1

This should give a result between 1 and 2

Which i will from now on call "Leadership multiplier" or short LM

Note that charisma is not in the stats used for calculation. As we only can set 65 with 20 points on each stat, it is with the above formula impossible to max out the unit# AND the LM.

the LM will then be used to calculate the "effective unit stats" by multiplying the normal unit stats with the LM on battle.
    so a LM of 2 will double the unit stats, a LM of below 0 will reduce unit stats.

but how could we get a LM below 0?

this could be achived by using the charisma rating. every unit above the charisma rating which is directly controlled by the character will multiply the LM with 3/4.
    so if a commander has a base LM of 2,
    but has one unit over his charisma, then his effective LM would be only 2*3/4=1.5.
    with 2 units over his charisma this would be 2*3/4*3/4=3/2*3/4=9/8=1.1
    with 3 units over it would be 1.1*3/4=0.8 and so on.

low LM? what else could be caused?
    a LM below 1 could also introduce a "defection risk". the risk could be calculated as (1-effectiveLM)*100, which would be 20% with an LM of 0.8 and 50% with an LM of 0.5 and 90% with an LM of 0.1 and 100%(!) with an LM of below 0.1.

how would multiple leaders effect the effective LM on a unit?
    the average LM of all leaders of the units could be calculated, weighting the direct leader by 2.
    example:
    a general with LM2 commands a lt. general with LM2 which command a major with LM1 who commands a unit.
    the effective LM on that unit would be:
    (2+2+1*2)/4=6/4=1.5

did i make me clear? i hope so.

8. Civanator

Civanator Deity

I understood until your last math problem. (2+2+1*2)/4=2.5, not six. I also dont understand where the *2 came from, or the /4.

9. Bootstoots

I am opposed to this on the same grounds that you were opposed to my item rule, Dis. Though an army with better leaders will fight better, so will an army with better equipment. If this is accepted, I will repropose my items proposal. Under this, a swordsman with a better commander than a legion could have higher stats than that legion, just as a better-equipped swordsman would have higher stats as a regular legion.

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    @Boots and Dis - All orders have been approved.

11. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

ok boot, so a modification: the LM will be used for raising the winning propability... :)
    also, the above proposal is a character specific formula, not like yours a units-specific formula :pP

12. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

@booti:
    1) you need to post your conflict in here
    2) where did you get 10 legions from? the last post in the old conflict thread was 5 legions, and there wasnt any raising request in between.

13. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

RULE REQUEST:
    i would like to request our old dg2 rule that attacks must be posted until 24h before a TC takes place, and that defenses can be posted directly until the chat starts.

example why:
    the rebellion of booti's character... it was posted at 3AM on the same day when the chat will start at 9PM. this will give civgeneral almost no time to respond to the challenge.

14. Bootstoots

Julia Peesea has started a rebellion and invaded Aureus. She raised 5 legions before and her other 6 legions (plus a spearman) were raised here in this thread.

Also, Civanator said something about raising 10 legions. This would not be possible. He is running 26 shields if all gold is converted and the item fee is deducted. Therefore, his characters can raise only 6 legions at once. Also, all troops currently in Egypt that have 1 movement point (like legions) have already moved and cannot move until after this turnchat. If you want to crush my rebellion, you should probably wait until after today's turnchat. I do not think that there are any defending units in Aureus, but correct me if I am wrong.

15. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

boot: no unit of the HMC has mooved after the last TC >-) so the HMC is still ready to moove... there was no command posted after the TC till now, so all of the helenatican and jade units are able to crush you ;-)

16. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

boot: also, to your unit raising:
    you state a after-conversion stat of 10/26
    but you owned 5 legions already, so 5 food+ 5 shield are deducted due to support.
    this makes it 10/21(!)
    21 shields in only enough for 5 legions (20shield), not 6+spearman... as such you only own 10 legions.
    correct me if im wrong...

17. Bootstoots

My stats were 15/13/36. The totals I posted included the support cost. Conversion of the 36 gold produced 18 shields, giving me 31. I then deducted the 5 shields for support costs, giving me a balance of 10/26, with which I raised 6 legions with 24 shields for 10/2 and raised a spearman with the remaining 2 shields.

18. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

ok. so thats clear then :) i just misinterpreted the "including support costs" part... sorry for that and tnx for clarification...

nevertheless there were yet no instructions posted for the units on the egyptian border, as their attack was instructed last TC and failed. the HMC commanders will propably take until about 20:00 GMT (TC starttime) to post those commands, which is fully legitimate within our ruleset atm.
    also note that even if the lt. general is not able to post instructions, the general vendetta is also allowed to post instructions for the HMC :)...

19. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

HMC orders for this TC, given by general Vendetta Lifespania:

ALL of the HMC troops near egypt will start mooving to Aureus immediately.

If the attacking troops of julia are considered to be there allready, we attack them. If not we defend Aureus and the despot's land around it.

20. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

so we need a conflict ruling for the BATTLE OF AUREUS this time... the egyptians get a final break till we crush them.