1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Conflict Manager's Office

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by GenMarshall, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Civanator

Civanator Deity

2. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

as requested: the strength of the HMC:

3 divisions with 6 legions and 2 horsearchers each.
    supported by 2 horsemen and 3 spearmen.
    details can be found at the lifespanian family thread.

you can see which commander commands which unit.
    it may be needed for stat-gains on successful fights.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Movement orders, pull all of my units that my character is commanding back into the Despot's land to defend against the Rebels.

4. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

I wonder:
    Were the horsearchers also calculated into the battle? We heard nothing of them in the report.

Also:
    I would like to resupply the lost units immediately.
    I think this means raising 4 legions? If so then ok.
    I also like to raise 2 additional legions per division, totalling to 6 new legions.

SO this will result in a total raising of 10 legions this TC for helenatica

Maximus Veen will post the reorganization for the attack, if he doesnt (and only then):
    * the 4 half-strength legions will stay in aureus to defend and heal.
    * the 10 newly raised legions will go from helenatica to aureus for resupply. they will arrive there after next TC to join the HMC.
    *10 legions will form one division
    * 6 horsearchers+3 spearmen form a second division.
    * 2 horsemen for the recon squad
    * all attack, horsearcher bombarding the defenders before the legions march in flanked by the squad.

EDIT:
    remember that imho we have modded to lethal bombardment on this DG ;-) and as such we also have this in the rpg.

EDIT2:
    i made my old land values*1.5 which gives me 79f, 49s, 217c at a minimum. i will do a exact calculation according to the save later this day.
    as i seem to have had 32 units left after the chat, after support those values go down to 47f, 17s, 217c
    raising 10 legions will cost me 17s+46c, leaving me with a leftover of:
    47f, 0s, 171c
    the 171c will be offered to the fanatican despot to raise troops.

EDIT3:
    if the land office verifies my figures, i will have 120f 132s 370g due to the ga.
    this means i now have 88f, 100s, 370g after support, which means after raising my 10 legions i still have 88f, 60s and 370g. all the gold will go to the despot for his raisings :)

5. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Julia has lost her supply of Iron by declaring independence. She still has 15/13/36. Her current army consists of 3 half-strength legions which will be resupplied this turn and Brutus has 1 full strength legion and one spearman. She will raise 13 spearmen this turnchat. She will control 7 of these spearmen, Brutus will control 4, and 2 will be placed under the control of a brilliant young commander named Marcus Minimus.

6. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

btw: how can the legions be resupplied without having time to heal? they were in fight last tc and will be this tc. they had no turn to heal, as such they will be half strength at the next TC on the attack :p

7. Bootstoots

I realized that when I posted. However, since they can't resupply, I will not consider their resource cost into my totals. Therefore, with the extra 3 shields, I will raise an extra spearman and a warrior, and transfer them to Marcus Minimus. Therefore, the breakdown is as follows:

Division I: Julia Peesea
    3 legions (half strength)
    7 spearmen

Division II: Brutus Peesea
    1 legion (full strength)
    5 spearmen

Division III: Marcus Minimus
    3 spearmen
    1 warrior

Total army strength: 15 spearmen, 4 legions (3 at half strength), 1 warrior.

I am raising a total of 14 spearmen and 1 warrior, with the other units factored in, with the total resorce value of 15/13/36. Since I only have to supply two of my old units, I am running 13/29 factoring in those two units. The 14 spearmen and 1 warrior will cost me 29 shields. This is my troop request in full. The previous post by me is simply stating the raising of 13 of my troops, which are covered here.

8. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

hmmm. since you cut the support for those legions, will their half-strength due to fighting be halved again due to lack of support? :) or do they just stay at half? :)

9. Bootstoots

They were at half-strength since the end of last t/c. I believe that they could not be resupplied until after the next turnchat. If they can be resupplied and operational, please tell me of this.

10. Civanator

Civanator Deity

next TC the legions will be at full strength.

11. Bootstoots

Ok, then i am dropping the order for 1 spearman and 1 legion. I will now have 13 new spearmen. The two dropped units will be subtracted from Division III.

12. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

civanator: why? how come? how doe they heal? they retreated due to an attack... they had no time to heal...!
    imho, they must stay in own territory for at least one TC to heal...

also, boot, its not possible to change orders according to the rules (only at one time you are allowed to post your raisings, which also disallows changing of those).

conflict manager, please clarify.

13. Bootstoots

Dis, where do you get the rule that I can only post troop raisings once? If that rule does not allow for me to post my troop raisings more than once, then it would make my second as well as my third raising illegal and leaving me with this one:
    Therefore, either way, Julia will raise 13 spearmen. I would like to see the rule that disallows extra troop raisings, I didn't see it when I read through the rules. Also, CG, please clarify the rule on resupplying half-strength units after battle.

14. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

you seem to be right :) octavian stated it, but never put it in the rule-summary and as such the rule stating that was never transferred here... good... so i can finally crush you further....

change of plans
    i just noticed units can moove 3 territories per turnchat. and with the immediate healing of civinator, the freshly raised legions and the 4 healing legions in aureus will also propably join into the attack... also, i maybe raise a few catapults to keep our losses low... i will post a new summary for the next TC l8r...

15. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Dis- The units are healed after the upcoming Turn Chat, they are still half strength.

16. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

civ: tnx for clarifications :) so those legions are half-strength then... :)

17. Civanator

Civanator Deity

18. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Troop raising Orders
    HMC
    Maxius Veen (20)
    II.a (3 spearmen)
    II.b (2 horsemen)
    II.1 (10 legions, 3 horsearchers)

Scrobius Pantonius (13)
    II.2 (10 legions, 3 horsearchers)

Julius Aqaurius (15)
    II.3 (4 legions [half strength], 10 catapults)

II.3 will be renamed into "II.3 artillery division"

Now to the attack, i would suppose the following plan:
    II.1 and II.2 will be going to circle the enemy troops (in the city)
    II.3 will be standing behind the frontline, bombarding the enemy and preparing it for the attack
    II.1 and II.2 will then be attacking the enemy after the bombardment finished

II.a will defend the command headquarters.
    II.b will have the special mission to capture or kill the leaders of the rebellion

the 1/2 strength legions (4) will stay with the catapults in the background to defend them. no direct action will be taken by them. thus they will be healed after the next TC

Jade Commandos
    Raise 25 Legonares and 10 Catapults. THey will be split evenly between Division I and II of the Jade Commandos.

Same unit orders as the HMC.

19. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

OOC: one comment to the above:
    this means the raisings for the HMC i posted + 10 catapults for 20 shields. i approove the raising of those 10 catapults for helenatica.
    shields is what i have enough of

20. Civanator

Civanator Deity

CG, It is approved. Just get those legions under someone's command, cause 1 character can't support them.