Conquest of the World

Choxorn is right. I played several more turns tonight; unfortunately my computer froze and I lost the Notepad file with everything I wrote. But I do still have the pictures and autosaves (as well as all the updates up to what I played tonight, which is more than is displayed here). So I'm going to try to resurrect my writing. Fortunately I took far more screenshots than usual tonight.

edit: Good news! The file wasn't recovered, but some of my screenshots messed up, and captured part of the Notepad file! So the original writing is not all lost! I've now rewritten everything up through the last autosave. It is difficult to capture the excitement after the fact, but I think I've managed to keep nearly all of it in the re-write. I'm intentionally not mentioning the years for which I lost the text - the idea is, of course, that had I not mentioned it you'd've never known it happened, and since I did mention it, you won't know where.

There'll be at least one more update this week...all I have to do is add the photo links and review the section. Three in three days after none in three weeks was slightly too much of a switch, though - and would, after all, build unrealistic expectations. Can't have an update every day while I'm in college!

Yay :)

Free cheers too Quintillus! *HUP HUPT!*

Free cheers too the Greeks! *HUP HUPT*

Let's see...

End of round one:

Rome: 2
Persia: 0

Celts: -3
Quintillus: 30

Quintillus moves forward to battle with Rome! Will Byzantum finaly realize that Quintillus is evil? :devil: Or will Scandinavia be ransacked by English delusionists? :viking: "Where are the :ninja: when you need them?"

Well done, anyway. :goodjob:

Been spending all my Civ time playing the Sepetember and October GOTMs since they're a difficulty I can actually win at, and they're both doozies. October's might even be good enough to make a story out of - after the end of the month of course. It's not finished yet, though, so if everything comes crashing down on me its story-worthiness may disappear quite quickly.

Welcome to the story, Nightfire! Would that I say welcome to CFC, but I noticed you joined more than a year ago. Does your name have anything to do with 007: Nightfire? That was quite a fun game, I played it with friends many times.

Nice tagline/selling line/I forget what the term is, Logitech. How's Rome ahead of Persia, though? I don't think they've captured a city since the time of the Roman-Indian War, except perhaps a recapture, though even there I can't pinpoint one.

The next section is now up. Now we'll all know where the :ninja: are when we need them!

1947 AD - The Ottomans make the first attack on Tenochtitlan!

Two Sipahi attack, and both retreat, though some damage is inflicted. The end of the city is near!

The Byzantines attack Hyderabad with a Cavalry, but fail to take it. They then send a large number of Infantry in to take the city next turn.

The Hittite naval convoy near Madagascar drops off eight troops near the southermost Madagascan city of Intombe, belonging to Japan. The city is defended by the very last Samurai in the world. It looks almost inevitable that the Hittites will take Intombe; I'm hoping there also at war with Persia and will take Frankfurt because that city can always use a new owner.

Later in the IBT, someone attacks these Hittite troops. The leading Infantry in the stack suffers just one hitpoint of damage, but it is interesting that they were attacked just upon landing - and importantly, not by troops inside Intombe.

The Celts, meanwhile, counterattack me and destroy two tanks with Cavalry. It's a minor loss, though, as our tank numbers are climbing quickly.

1948 AD - The city of Orleans completes the first airport in Australia. We'll start using it to reinforce the New World right away, though we may not have any tanks to send from there for awhile. This turn we airlift an Infantry to Tenochtitlan, and upgrade one already there to a Mech Infantry, to join the front next turn.

Oh, and I just realized this turn that I'm researching Advanced Flight. It's a rather useless technology, but oh well. Maybe I'll use a few paratroopers to conquer Portugal.

Oops...an English spearman wandered into our territory. That's a danger (albeit a very small one), so America declared war.

Our primary target this turn is the Roman city of Ravenna, on the west coast of the Red Sea. It's tanks vs. musketmen, so we kinda expect a victory.

Surprisingly, two musketmen take five hitpoints off the tanks before falling. We're somewhat concerned with our tank training. The capture of Ravenna gives us a road all the way south to Rome, but after we capture Neapolis we'll have access to rail lines to take us south more quickly.

The army of Ulysess, recovered now from its casualties, also makes an attack this turn, on the Saharan city of Hispalis.

Due to movement limits, the city isn't taken this turn, but it's left with a Regular Pikeman defending it, so it won't last too much longer.

Navally, we destroy three Persian frigates this turn. With 13 modern ships, we're a legitimate force on the seas - in all likelihood our modern navy is larger than that of the rest of the world combined.

Our less-modern Ironclads are also still out there, and closing in on Russia. Russia's lone ironclad is sunk this turn.

It's also about time for an update on the American front. As Fascist AI's, America has pursued some nonbeneficial strategies, and hurried New York down to size 2, San Francisco to size 3, and Chicago to size 5. But they've made progress as well, capturing Atzcapotzalco and, rather than risking resistence there, razing Baghdad. We lack figures on America's Army, but the Aztecs are down to 33 Infantry.

1949 AD - The Byzantines make their large Infantry charge on Hyderabad, and though they take losses, overall they do well and take the city after killing several Persian troops. With expansionist opportunities like this, why would the Byzantines possibly turn against us?

Three Persian Frigates approach Borneo from the East. Perhaps they are ghosts of the ones we destroyed last turn, come back to haunt us? Eh, but they aren't powerful enough to haunt us that much.

Yay! The Ottomans are at war with the Inca! I've been looking forward to seeing the Ottoman Sipahi in action in a South American war for a long time. They don't have very many yet, but this will show whether the Ottomans will become a regional power. Especially as the Inca do not have Infantry, this should be an interesting war.

What'd'ya know. Babylon had been making peace with lots of people, and now they declare war on Rome. Fine by me!

And we can't not mention the Samurai combat in Madagascar. The Hittites, whom it now appears are not fighting Persia, had a variety of troops ready to attack, and didn't start with the strongest ones:

Alas, their more powerful troops fared well, and the city of Intombe fell, and along with it, the last Samurai.

World Map?

:)

With expansionist opportunities like this, why would the Byzantines possibly turn against us?

Alas, their more powerful troops fared well, and the city of Intombe fell, and along with it, the last Samurai.

I'm sorry; I meant "Once Quintillus kills every living thing not under his flag, then the Byzantines will go to war. Maybe..." :D

Okay, now we need Hiro Nakamura!

@Choxorn; You have a good memory; just read the story and figure the map in your head, although a real one would be nice... :sad:

@Choxorn; You have a good memory; just read the story and figure the map in your head, although a real one would be nice... :sad:

Making a scenario in the editor that's map copies this game's map helps too. :p

This feat I managed to accomplish by looking at the world maps and screenshots Quintillus posts. I end up getting a close approximation of where every city in the world is located, as well as some of their names.

For instance, I know that...

Quintillus said:
But they've made progress as well, capturing Atzcapotzalco...

...This actually happened a while ago.

I think there is a dl for the map somewhere amoung all the spam.:)

Good thing I finally got to the point I have a saved game file so I can get a World Map. Here it is.

There's also a download for the map on my profile. But the map itself is just the one that came with Civ3Vanilla (maybe it didn't come with CivGold or CivComplete?). All I did was change the max civs to 31, take away corruption, and reallocate and add start points.

The Persians have 8 cities in South-Central Africa- definately the biggest area under their control! :lol:

I'm surprised at how little Europe and Asia change when everybody is at war with each other. Most of the changes are either caused by you in Africa or by someone else in that huge area in Northern Canada and Alaska controlled by a bunch of people (mostly the Maya, it would seem)

Most AI wars are like that, never seem to really get anywhere unless one AI has a significant advantage over the other, then it goes into runaway. America is expansionist so it will do if it can, looks a bit stunted though there. The Maya have awesome production if they can get things going ...

Top Bottom