Conquests of Might and Magic III

The Tech Might End says that some military civs start with warrior code? Warrior Code is not listed.

I need still more pointers. I am trying to find out how I get to build the Castle. I tried going backwards from Castle and forward from Fort. They list the prereq structures, but not the techs that provide the structures.

I am looking over the the techs for the creatures, but so far I have failed to find either the Citadel or the Castle. IOW I have no idea what path to research to be able to get these structures. Using either the pedia or the tech tree.

What a massive effort this must have already taken, hats off. I hope you are able to hang on. I wish I could help, but I lack skills and imagination. Well those are just some of the things.

The Citadel and Castle require no tech to get them, they are always available. The Fort is available as soon as the Village Hall is built. The citadel is available once the fort is built (it requires Ore resource). And the castle is available once the citadel is built (requires ore and wood resource).

I still need to update the civilopedia with the links as well (on the fort civilopedia page to make it easier).

So if you have the fort built, then you need Ore resource to build the citadel.

vxma said:
The Tech Might End says that some military civs start with warrior code? Warrior Code is not listed.

There was only a few tech blurbs that I did not erase, and that must be one of them. I will be adding the tech blurbs for all tech's into the game also, and that can be done when I finish the civilopedia as well. Warrior Code isn't a tech at all anymore, and also... the tech Might End/Magic End (if they show as being not researched) should never be researched either, or your cities will change appearance! They are set to take 999 turns. The AI is set to never research these techs.

This mod looks so good! I am reinstalling Civ 3 right now ;-)

Congratulations on joining two of the best TBS games of all times.

Here is another that is trivial. The pedia for Lux has three with mismatched pix:
inexhaustible lumber, ore cart, infinite gems. These are just fyi for your list.

I finally got the Castle, but I see that upgrading all those units is not a real probability. IIRC it was 268 for an archer to marksman. Pike was 116. Maybe later.

Too early fo rme to know, if the auto produce units are to frequent. I know you probably are trying to stick to the weekly growth in Homm2/3. Homm4 sort of tossed that as it was no longer a once a week on the same day.

I guess I could not build those structures or sell them. I suspect I would rather use them for disbands that not, but there is maint for the structures to consider. Will need a lot more play time to determine how I see it.

Are all the spells units? They can be used over and over, till they are killed or are some like counter strike a use once?

Aqueduct3 says it is a colosseum and makes 2 happy. IS there also a colosseum or is it called aqua3 to avoid the name of colosseum?

OliverFA said:
This mod looks so good! I am reinstalling Civ 3 right now ;-)

Congratulations on joining two of the best TBS games of all times.

Hope you enjoy it! I will be continuing updates for the beta to improve it! Feel free to list any bugs you may encounter or improvements you feel are needed!

Here is another that is trivial. The pedia for Lux has three with mismatched pix:
inexhaustible lumber, ore cart, infinite gems. These are just fyi for your list.

Noted.

I finally got the Castle, but I see that upgrading all those units is not a real probability. IIRC it was 268 for an archer to marksman. Pike was 116. Maybe later.

Too early fo rme to know, if the auto produce units are to frequent. I know you probably are trying to stick to the weekly growth in Homm2/3. Homm4 sort of tossed that as it was no longer a once a week on the same day.

I guess I could not build those structures or sell them. I suspect I would rather use them for disbands that not, but there is maint for the structures to consider. Will need a lot more play time to determine how I see it.

Weekly growth would be too excessive in Civ3, so the week's go more by months. Level 7 auto-production is around the 30-day+ level. Note that your level 1 and level 2 creatures get more expensive as you research Level 3, 4, 5 and 6 unit techs. This is done because otherwise your towns can pump out a unit every turn. AI begins unit spamming too much. If you research Offense and build that Small Wonder, it will cut upgrade costs in half.

Upgrade cost is 4 gold per shield... it can be changed to 3 (which should be significant savings). I will take note of it.

Are all the spells units? They can be used over and over, till they are killed or are some like counter strike a use once?

Some spells are cruise missiles, some are land units (offense, defense, AA), most are air units. Spells that creatures enslave are mostly all cruise missiles.

Some units have natural Anti-Air (Magic Resistance). Many do not. I am currently unsure if the Magic Spells are over-powered or not. Anti-Air units can be built in the Might->Resistance tech, and also in some of the Magic techs.

I still need to get many of these updated in the civilopedia! (which I will try to get done soon)

Aqueduct3 says it is a colosseum and makes 2 happy. IS there also a colosseum or is it called aqua3 to avoid the name of colosseum?

Aqueduct 2 and 3 function only to allow city size 2 and city size 3. These need to be updated as well. So Aqueduct 2 functions as an Aqueduct, and Aqueduct 3 functions as the Hospital did. No other benefit for them. (They had to be included so the cities can grow).

Thank you for all the info you have provided!

;)
To build Thieves' Guild, you need to build the Tavern, which requires that you get a Hero (Army) through successful combat with an elite unit; and the Army gained must be successful in combat. Tavern also lets you build Tavern of Might and Tavern of Magic to gain additional Army units. ;) It pays to go to war!

I got a hero and won with it and built those structures. What I wonder is what does it mean to gain additional army units? Are you saying it acts like MA and you can build heroes?

I can build Heroes from the Leadership SM.

I got a hero and won with it and built those structures. What I wonder is what does it mean to gain additional army units? Are you saying it acts like MA and you can build heroes?

I can build Heroes from the Leadership SM.

Each Tavern of Might and Magic turns out a stonger Hero (Army) every 30 turns. I believe it is set to being required to have 2 cities for each Army (which I set too low and forgot to revert that back to 4).

Leadership SM puts out a Hero every 35 turns.

Taverns will spit out Armies even if the Army limit is reached though (which you then won't be able to build more armies). Heroes from the Taverns are more powerful than the ones you can build and the ones from Leadership SM. ;)

Since AI has problems with Armies that can carry more than 1 unit sometimes, these Armies can only hold 1 unit each, so they are not excessively powerful, and give just a small advantage.

I can make a tech give all civ's ability to become immune to Floodplains disease (which I believe I forgot to do!) which has a 75% disease chance. I was going to put it in Other tech or Pathfinding tech. I will make note of it.

Tom I would vote to put in a worker job to clear forest, swamp, jungle. To make it so the main bonus is not negated, move it to say Magic End 2. The boost for those civs will not be hurt much as only humans would beeline.

Even they probably would not. Once you have the tech, you still need workers and time to clear those tiles. The thing is you could start with a town deep in the jungle.

That is what I did. Like you say the tiles can be worked and are useful, but I have had a fair number of deaths.

Not to mention that some of us are a bit anal and want to have tiles cleared. Just my

Tom, I know you mentioned something about the research of the AI. I think they have a problem with the non linear tech tree. They went from Creatures, to the L1 and L2 creatures and their upgrades.

Then Might End and straight to Beyond. It looks like Beyond is like Future Tech, so they gain nothing from it and are losing ground. I have not looked at the entire tree, but it probably does not matter what techs they do after the ones they did as long as they do not go to Beyond.

The others will at least offer something to them. You may have to put in a prereq for them. The problem is how to do that without a linear tech tree or at least partial. If you could require x turns, that could do it.

Maybe make them dirt cheap so they finish quickly. Does the game have a problem, if no techs are left and no endless future techs?

The Grail under Resource Index has a cow depiction. Says cattle are a bonus resource. Shows the The Grail needs to be researched.

Tom I would vote to put in a worker job to clear forest, swamp, jungle. To make it so the main bonus is not negated, move it to say Magic End 2. The boost for those civs will not be hurt much as only humans would beeline.

Even they probably would not. Once you have the tech, you still need workers and time to clear those tiles. The thing is you could start with a town deep in the jungle.

That is what I did. Like you say the tiles can be worked and are useful, but I have had a fair number of deaths.

Not to mention that some of us are a bit anal and want to have tiles cleared. Just my

Terraforming wasn't really even a feature in Heroes games ;) so I made all terrain give pretty much the same food and shields. This is because in the scenarios, the Tower civ is in snow; the Fortress is in Jungle, so these civ's can't be penalized because of it.

Disease from Jungle can be turned off. Since most all terrain gives similar bonus', the swamp terrain is really just for aesthetics, same with forest. If chop and clear forest and swamp is given, I don't know if AI would even bother doing it, since no benefit would be gained. :confused:

I could change the way terraforming is done for the epic game, and make it more similar to regular games, where certain terrain matters more than other terrain. So swamp/marsh gives less and needs to be chopped, etc. Same with tundra. It can't be like that in the scenarios I have planned, but it could make things matter a bit more than the way they are now.

Tom, I know you mentioned something about the research of the AI. I think they have a problem with the non linear tech tree. They went from Creatures, to the L1 and L2 creatures and their upgrades.

Then Might End and straight to Beyond. It looks like Beyond is like Future Tech, so they gain nothing from it and are losing ground. I have not looked at the entire tree, but it probably does not matter what techs they do after the ones they did as long as they do not go to Beyond.

The others will at least offer something to them. You may have to put in a prereq for them. The problem is how to do that without a linear tech tree or at least partial. If you could require x turns, that could do it.

Maybe make them dirt cheap so they finish quickly. Does the game have a problem, if no techs are left and no endless future techs?

Well, the Might Magic End tech's the AI will never research until every other tech has been researched first. These techs are there to hold the civ's in the correct era so they display the correct city graphic. (Civ 3 has only 5 culture groups so only 5 city graphics can be used, this was done so I could have Civ 3 display 9 city graphics :)).

Since the AI has all 3 eras accessible, it will determine which tech it likes out of all the available ones from all 3 era's; and will research that one. The AI does go and research other tech's in the other eras. Playing on debug mode shows what the AI has researched; and some of the techs (Might, Magic, Other, e.g.) are tradable, and I have traded for these pretty early in the game with the AI.

Alot of the tech's are not tradable. I did this initially so all tech's don't get 'researched and traded' extremely quickly, which can happen since the whole tree is non-linear.

I don't think it is possible for AI to go through all tech's and also research the last 2 End techs (which are set at max cost of 999) before the game possibly ends. It may be though, if played on Sid on the epic sized map! The Tower civ (a magic based civ) is flavored to go through the Magic tree, and the Stronghold civ (a might based civ) is flavored to go through the Might tree... so they should do this.

I will check and make adjustments on the debug game, where I can see who has researched what. I will post results of this eventually so I can get an idea on how to adjust.

The Grail under Resource Index has a cow depiction. Says cattle are a bonus resource. Shows the The Grail needs to be researched.

:lol: Yes, some of the resource icons weren't all completed. The Grail does show up on the map as the Grail though (can't miss it, it's a big bright Grail). Grail resource gives uber-bonus'. If you don't have it in your territory, it's worth going to war over (for the tile bonus' alone).

Tom you probably have the right idea on the terrain and I am just being a cry baby.

What is the scoop on The Colossus? The right click pedia only gives the basic cost etc. I figured it was like Homm where you get all those boost and can only build one. So it would be a Great Wonder.

I am able to start one in a number of towns, even though it shows up in the list of GW's.

BTW I was sure some of the stuff like cow for the grail was just a matter of too many things to do. I just post them as an FYI for you.

Edit:
not sure what is the dealonthe Colossus now. It does not show a shield box, but gives an ETA. Is like wealth?

Tom you probably have the right idea on the terrain and I am just being a cry baby.

What is the scoop on The Colossus? The right click pedia only gives the basic cost etc. I figured it was like Homm where you get all those boost and can only build one. So it would be a Great Wonder.

I am able to start one in a number of towns, even though it shows up in the list of GW's.

BTW I was sure some of the stuff like cow for the grail was just a matter of too many things to do. I just post them as an FYI for you.

Edit:
not sure what is the dealonthe Colossus now. It does not show a shield box, but gives an ETA. Is like wealth?

Arghh! You are correct. Something happened where some changes I made in the BIQ seemed to have been lost at some point. I named all the Barb tribe names, and those weren't in, and I took the capitalization checkbox off, but it is on (which is causing this). It must have been some type of error on my part that some of the changes I made didn't take. I will fix this and get it out! Sorry about this!

Without a detailed change log, it is easy to back off fixes. I just stop trying to make the Colossus, no big deal. I plan on playing out as a conquest. I will not met any other VC and that way I can sit on one town, till I get all the techs done.

This will let me at least see all the stuff. BTW I love the Zealot sound, just like the game. The Griffons reminds me of Castle Ironfist in Erathia in MM7. Even the Crusaders fortification sounds like the crusaders in Homm2.

Hi Tom.

First of all I want to say your mod is definitely living up to all my expectations. I haven't had a great deal of time to play it yet but I have a few comments.

The unit auto production times could perhaps being increased a little. No biggy if you don't though.

I have started two games. Abandoned the first one pretty quickly though when you released an updated biq.My current game as Rampart on proven (monarch) difficulty with seven other civs on a smallish map is going rather well for me. I've beaten up two of the other civs fairly easily (taking a few cities off each) for entering my territory and refusing to leave. I did this just with level one and two units that haven't been upgraded. I didn't bother getting the upgrade techs. The AI's all have a mixture of upgraded and non-upgraded level one and twos. I used five magic arrows and some level one earth spells to good effect to weaken invading armies and city defenders before attacking.

I think you should leave it so swamps and jungles can’t be cleared. Closer to Homm. In that vain mines could also be removed, but not necessary to.

I’m not at home so haven’t got my list with me but most of the errors I noticed have already been mentioned. Two that haven’t though are ‘fort’ linking to ‘blacksmith’ in the civilopedia when I looked up the ‘fortress fort’. And a resource, something like Elven Bow’ didn’t seem to be listed in the civilopedia at all. Will check it again when I get home.

Game play wise I think it’s great.

Oh yeah, corruption is pretty significant and I haven’t come across any improvements that mitigate it yet. Still even with heavy corruption I'm still earning plenty of money.

When I played the first game it was on a larger sized map with most of the civs in and the turn times started slowing down pretty fast, but the comp I have at the moment is not very fast. So I’d recommend small maps with not too many civs for anyone with a slow comp.

All in all, very fun and few errors. Good effort Tom!!!

Cheers,

Nick

Worker task Spell Tower says airfield as well.

I am not sure either, but I wondered about making the low level auto builds times elongated a bit. It may be even more important for units like Griffons as they have two moves and are about weekly.

Once you have a bunch of them, you can get a very strong force going. Marksmen with 2 moves is strong. You can take down towns with a handful of them.

Can be sure as one game is not much to go on.

Don't you dare. 'Sides, watching as my pikeman trounces a boar rider is kinda fun.

I noticed that the halberdier slides when moving, he moves faster than his feet. I didn't check all the directions, but I know that some of them have this problem.

Top Bottom