Converting All Citizens in Large City

Minou

King
Is there an issue that makes it impossible to convert the last citizen in a very large city? When the city was at 10 of 20 citizens converted, I was generally able to convert one citizen for every one or two charges. All late game though, I would have this city at 27 of 28 citizens converted, 28 of 29 converted etc. I just killed two enemy missionaries near the city for bursts of religious pressure and then used about 10 apostle charges but just can't convert that last non-believer for some reason.... (the city is at 30 pop in case it is hard to see).

Probably makes no real difference to the game but it got me curious.

religion.jpeg

This is just because other religions (and atheist) have their pressure not eliminated and these pressures sum up to 1 citizens.

Remember that religious combat victory does not remove existing pressure of atheist. To get 30 you must have your pressure >59 times (29.5:0.5) more than atheist.

Interesting - though I am still confused why it only took 1 or 2 charges to convert citizens when I was at e.g. 25 of 29 converted, but now 10 charges do nothing?

If it matters there are 6 cities of my religion nearby adding pressure and 3 of other religions adding enemy religion pressure (from two different religions) farther away but in range. I have 5 trade routes (2 to cities of my religion, 3 to city of other religions) - forgot exactly how they work.

At one point the city was actually majority Buddhist due to a Rock Band that must have had the religious rock promotion. After that I was getting conversions for 1-2 charges so it was actually easy to convert fully Buddhist citizens than this one holdout atheist.

Interesting - though I am still confused why it only took 1 or 2 charges to convert citizens when I was at e.g. 25 of 29 converted, but now 10 charges do nothing?

If it matters there are 6 cities of my religion nearby adding pressure and 3 of other religions adding enemy religion pressure (from two different religions) farther away but in range. I have 5 trade routes (2 to cities of my religion, 3 to city of other religions) - forgot exactly how they work.

At one point the city was actually majority Buddhist due to a Rock Band that must have had the religious rock promotion. After that I was getting conversions for 1-2 charges so it was actually easy to convert fully Buddhist citizens than this one holdout atheist.

Suppose there is 100 atheist pressure, to get 26 you need 25.5:4.5 so 570 pressure, to get 27 you need 26.5:3.5 so you need 750 pressure, to get 28 you need 27.5:2.5 so you need 1100, to get 29 you need 28.5:1.5 so you need 1900, to get 30 you need 5900.

For the final follower you need about 3 times the pressure than the total pressure you need to convert all of the remaining n-1 followers.

So to get 1 more follower you basically need 180,350, 800, and 4,000 more pressure when you already have 26,27,28,29 followers, respectively. Yes the requirement grows at an increasing speed.

Reactions: cvb
What if you starved the city so it lost 1 pop? Does an atheist die or does a turtle follower? When it grows another pop is it automatically atheist or does it start as a turtle? If it's the latter then just starve the non-believers.

Top Bottom