Could someone please explain to me how this is possible

animalguy

Ermahgerd
So I loaded up a new game of civ today and noticing something peculiar in the tech screen

Anybody notice anything wrong here. All the techs cost the same amount of beakers (except for archery if I recall correctly) yet some are more expenisive than others. Could somebody explain to me how this is possible!

And since when does Archery unlock a wonder?

Since the 'Wonders of the Ancient World' DLC was released. ;)

It's the Temple of Artemis.

Oh, oops :lol: I don't own any DLCs.
A good joke to put the ToA on Archery, by the way.

The more players already researched Tech X, the cheaper Tech X will be to research for others.
(I think it's only a one-time reduction, not actually several jumps and I don't know either how many of the players must have finished a tech for this to happen)

And the AI starts with some free techs on higher difficulties... so yeah.

The map is always shining through the tech tree - maybe your monitor is just a bit dim? :D

Even when you can't possibly have revealed it?

He's already in the map; you can see the settler on the left.
Edit: nevermind, i get what you mean.

You CAN SEE THE MAP!
Before you've scouted LOL.

Haha, nice glitch.

I've honestly never even noticed that, going to have to check now.
Edit2: Nope, you cannot normally see the map through the clouds; i cannot anyway.

I think it is undoubtely known that he is infacct playing in debug mode with revealed map

You can see all of the civs in the Score List
You can see a City State Settler.

To be honest map is not the point of the topic anyway.
It's the fact that Pottery and Animal Husbandry cost less than Mining and Archery

Optics is also cheaper than the other techs in the same tier.

The reason I chose to reveal the map is because latley i have been interestted in seeing how fair every civ is placed on the map and so far some of the placements are rather shocking. Ofcourse I don't continue to play them as I know where everything is, in an actual game I would ofcourse do traditional scouting. Can we please now end this dicussion of how the map is viewable and back to the topic which asks, ''how can techs that cost the same amount of beakers require different reaserch times?''

Can we please now end this dicussion of how the map is viewable and back to the topic which asks, ''how can techs that cost the same amount of beakers require different reaserch times?''

FeiLing has already answered that question, see above. Correctly, I believe. The reason that Optics is cheaper is because Kammy and the Pacific Islanders are in the game, and they start with Optics.

I am not talking about Optics as it is always cheaper than the other classical techs. I am referring to the first tier techs of the ancient era

Can we please now end this dicussion of how the map is viewable and back to the topic which asks, ''how can techs that cost the same amount of beakers require different reaserch times?''
I am not talking about Optics as it is always cheaper than the other classical techs. I am referring to the first tier techs of the ancient era
Answer:
The more players already researched Tech X, the cheaper Tech X will be to research for others.
(I think it's only a one-time reduction, not actually several jumps and I don't know either how many of the players must have finished a tech for this to happen)

And the AI starts with some free techs on higher difficulties... so yeah.
:)

3 facts:

1) the cost of the techs depends on how many civs you have met that already knows that knows the tech...

2) on higher difficulty levels the AIs start with extra techs..

3) you revealed map...

now.. there are 2 different ways to reveal map..

a) one way where you meet all the AIs, find all natural wonders, etc.. (this is done by ctrl-z as far as i remember)
b) one where you just get visibility (need to open debug panel with ~ key, and then select the correct option to make map visible)

I believe using the firetuner app will result in method a) also

if you use method a, then you know all AIs, they start with different techs, some techs are known by more AIs than the rest... result is that the techs will take different amount of turns

Then it settles,

1. Revealing map automatically greets all of the civs

2. He must be playing on difficulty higher than Prince because the IA get Animal Husbandry and Pottery for free.

Top Bottom