Counter Zulu Wall

blackheart

unenlightened
As evident by these snapshots, the Zulu are massing troops along our border. Their intentions are unclear at this time, whether they want to invade us or are heading to a weaker target (Babylon). I propose that we send troops to create a counter wall to prevent them from entering our territory and possibly creating hell. I also propose we defend all of our workers incase anyone tries to make a run for them.

Regardless... if the Zulus attack, they're deadmeat quickly. They've have a very long border, and many cities are within turn-1 striking distance.

I think the Zulus have just been talking with the "dead meat" Iroquois, and are merely trying to protect themselves. If things do escalate, cooler heads should prevail, and we should only take the cities allowed during the last MSAV strategic poll that regards the Zulus. We don't need any more governors ascending to power through unchecked malice.

Donovan Zoi said:
I think the Zulus have just been talking with the "dead meat" Iroquois, and are merely trying to protect themselves. If things do escalate, cooler heads should prevail, and we should only take the cities allowed during the last MSAV strategic poll that regards the Zulus. We don't need any more governors ascending to power through unchecked malice.

Is it just me, or is no one trying to avert another war? I'm sure if we simply sign a ROP with the Zulu they would be "bought off". Even if they do attack then, they take a huge rep hit.

blackheart said:
Is it just me, or is no one trying to avert another war? I'm sure if we simply sign a ROP with the Zulu they would be "bought off". Even if they do attack then, they take a huge rep hit.
If you want a deal to try and encourage them not to declare, then buy something for gpt (or even gift if it comes to it), but please no ROP. If they're going to declare anyway I don't want to allow them to ROP rape us (we have rails, so they'll be able to go straight for our most lightly defended city), make a deal that can't be used to our diasdvantage and where they have something beyond just reputation to lose by breaking it.

What about a MPP? They tried the MPP/ROP Combo before...

And even if their target IS Babylon, if we go MPP, we won't hvae to honor it unless the Babs actually get INTO Zululand...

We want the power of balance on our continent somehow, not a Babylonian loss of Ur, Uruk and Elippi to the zulus.

Provolution said:
We want the power of balance on our continent somehow, not a Babylonian loss of Ur, Uruk and Elippi to the zulus.

It would be so much more balanced if we took out half of Zululand.

We only go for Tugela in the first instance, so do not worry.

Provolution said:

Actually, I think that's the best bet at having it balanced, since its been rather tilted to our side lately. Balance of power doens't mean self-supremacy. It means everyone, including us, too afraid of a war of attrition to attack eachother.

Top Bottom