CQUI caused right click not to work after todays patch.

Some steam games have the ability to load a previous patch of a game, I know I can do it with Factorio. Perhaps this is possible to do with civ as well. You can right click on the game in the steam library, open options or properties for the game. There should be a Tab called beta. Under it, there is a dropdown box where you might be able to choose a previous patch. I just know that this works on other games, and I'm not at home to check if civ6 can do this.

Nothing there for Civ VI unfortunately.

My issue with CQUI other than the quirky production order bugs like having to flip flop the order to get something to start is that it can take away some of the management.

For example a queue is great but limit it to 2-3 things because you can put almost an era on auto build and forget about that city, where’s the fun in that? I know some will say that’s a me problem and not a mod problem and in a lot of ways you’re correct but CQUI takes some of the game aspect out of the game.

Also thI vanilla UI isn’t that awful, it does almost everything CQUI does just in a roundabout way

The problem exactly is the roundabout way. I want to click a city and see ALL my options at once, place citizens, buy tiles, buy things with gold or faith and build things, not have to open a bunch of different panels. CQUI provides that AND a lot of information including even half population so I don't have to waste time counting farms, plantations, and pastures to see if I need one or two more for the next level. It also highlights unlocked citizens for you instead of spending wasted time trying to find any that where auto assigned that you might not agree with. Civ is a game of management, but I want my time spent making decisions, not clicking buttons and hunting for the information I need to make those decisions. The longer the game goes, the worse the problem gets.

Every new city I build or capture I know I want the basics, and I don't want to be pulled back again and again until all those buildings are built so stacking the queue is a time saver, not any form of management saver. I still need to decide what buildings in what order, I just don't want to be bothered with it only one step at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom