Crash on Elfy Races?

Dragonessa

Chieftain
OK, I've got a weird issue here. I -can- play FFH2 just fine seemingly if I'm most of the races. However, when trying to play either "Svartlafar" or "Ljosalfar" (I'm assuming these two are elves), the game starts to load, and crashes before I get to the movie part. (That is the little progress bar gets about half way then POOF crash.) I saw a tip here that it might be the movie so I turned those off (in the FFH2 .ini file right?). Still crashes.

Now just to be clear, each time I was starting a new game via the "Play Now!" button. The world was set to Erebus, and the only change I made to any settings was to pick one of the elfy races. The Civ BTS build is 319 (build date Thu May 14). The FFH2 mod version presumably is 0.41. (I just downloaded all 4 files tonight. I installed the main one first, then the patch, then the media pack, and finally the Blue Marble thing.)

I played a game for quite some time as the Amurites and another as the Elohim without any noticeable oddities. Any ideas on this one? :eek:

Try using patch D. Your issue is caused by a patch C code update that would cause game crashes whenever a race that's racial promotion changed graphics was selected.

Top Bottom