crashes at loading screen

topfoxrider

Chieftain
Is anyone else crashing right after the cinematic and loading screen? It's really frustrating to see this thing fail every time I try to run it. Please help

What resolution are you running at? I had problems first time I tried to run it, couldn't even kill it in task manager finally had to reset the computer, now it runs ok. I'm pretty sure it has to with my 4k resolution, other resolutions my be a problem too (Civ5 does a similar thing not working the first time I try to run it in 4k mode). You might check the graphics configuration file, see if it has the correct resolution in it and you could try setting FullScreen to 0 (windowed mode). Also are your graphics drivers up to date?

I'm not too sure. I cant really access the menu and I cant seem to find the config file for video settings

Hmm that's strange maybe it's crashing before it builds it?
Here's what mine looks like:
Spoiler :
[General]

Version = 1

[GraphicsSettings]

OverlayLevel = 2

ShadowLevel = 2

ReflectionLevel = 1

FOWLevel = 1

TerrainWaterQuality = 1

VFXQuality = 1

FadeShadows = 0

Enable Constant Rebasing = 1

Enable Threaded Rendering = 1

Enable Bloom = 1

Enable UIBlur = 1

Enable DoF = 1

Enable MGPU = 0

Version = 3

[ScreenSettings]

MSAASamples = 1

WaitForVSync = 1

Refresh Rate = 60

WindowResX = 3840

WindowResY = 2160

FullScreen = 1

StereoConvergenceMin = 0.000000

StereoConvergenceMax = 0.000000

StereoCursorOffset = 0.000000

ScreenShotWidth = 0

ScreenShotHeight = 0

Version = 1

; Refresh Rate
RefreshRate = 60

[TerrainSettings]

TerrainDetailLevel = 3

TerrainTessLevel = 2

TerrainShadowQuality = 3

TerrainPageinSpeedStill = 6

TerrainPageinSpeedMoving = 3

BlockOnLoad = 0

AutoUpdateCells = 1

Version = 1

[LeaderheadSettings]

LeaderTextureReduction = 0

LeaderTextureBackgroundLoad = 0

AllowSM41 = 1

AllowSM50 = 1

AllowLeaderAA = 1

EnableShadows = 1

EnableSoftShadows = 1

CubeShadowResolution = 1024

MaxResidentScenes = -1

LeaderQuality = 3

SkinQuality = 2

SkinResolution = 1024

AspectAdjust = 0.000000

TargetAspect = 1.777778

EnableBloom = 1

EnableDistortion = 1

UseScreenShots = 0

UseGPUDecompress = 1

Version = 1

Maybe you could copy and paste it... goes in same location as the Config.ini. Change the resolution to 1366x768. See if that will force it. What graphics "card" do you have? I'm guessing a laptop with that res. is it within the minimum specification?

Yep. Laptop with Intel hd 3000 it's terrible I know lol but it ran civ 5 quite well and does fall under min specs. Also thanks for the stuff above I was definitely missing that in my config file, hopefully it will solve the problem

Just to be clear it doesn't go in config.ini it goes in a separate file GrahicsSettings.ini

Still doesn't work. I appreciate the help but I need to catch some sleep since its 3 am over here. Hopefully things will get sorted out tomorrow

Could you please post your dxdiag? In the start menu, just search for dxdiag, and then once you've opened it, select to save the information, which will create a text file with the relevant info. :)

Dxdiag is good. Sometimes on certain laptops it's hard to get the latest Intel drivers installed...

I am also getting this. After the intro, it will basically freeze then crash. No menu comes up. According to the steam forums, A LOT of people are getting it.

Guys use this tutorial here to fix your crashes, it worked for my game:
(Link to scam site deleted.)

Currently typing from my phone but I am quite certain all my drivers are up to date. I also have dx11 according to dxdiag

Thks Adrianmike for that link. My fingers are crossed that it'll work but I cant do much til I get back from classes. Is the patch created by the devs or is it third party?

I think this Adrian guy is a scam. It asks for me to do a survey to access the patch and the survey never ing ends

Top Bottom