Creation Date and Time - II

Who shall choose our Creation Date and Time?

• The Citizens

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • The President

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyc

Looking for the door...
A decision must be made concerning the date and time for Creation Day. Traditionally, these two factors have been decided upon by the citizens as a whole, but the arguement has been brought up that a President sets all scheduling of turn chats. If you have been following the discussion in the Creation Day thread,you are aware of the situation.

Should the date and time of Creation Day be set by the President or the citizens? Please chose one of the 3 options below:

1. The Citizens (soon)

2. The President (after elections)

3. ABSTAIN

This poll will stay open for 96 hours.

Disussion can be found here.

It has to be the President, he/she is the only one strictly needed to be present for the creation day.

I like it to be this way:
The President suggests several dates and times for the Creationchat and the citizens respond to that, for instance in a poll.

Let the President decide. If I was the first President, I would be most upset if the first turn chat was scheduled at a time I could not attend!

The President has always set the time for sessions. Given the significance of this first one, there should be several options for people to vote upon.

-- Ravensfire

The creation day chat is a special chat. It is more ceremonial than functional. As such, it must be done at a time that most citizens can attend (if at all possible).

Having said that, I believe the president should still be responsible for scheduling that chat, but he/she had better schedule it at a time that most of us can attend if we so desire, or risk facing the citizens' wrath in the next elections.

Good point. 40J. There's quite a bit of difference in opinion between this poll and the last. Good thing we repolled.

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
It has to be the President, he/she is the only one strictly needed to be present for the creation day.
Not quite. Officially, the president is no more important than any other elected official in the chain of command. However, I do believe, as I have stated previously, that the creation day chat is ceremonial in nature and serves as a sort of coronation for the game and as such should be performed by the President.

The President suggests several dates and times for the Creationchat and the citizens respond to that, for instance in a poll.
I like this suggestion. I'd recommend a multi-select poll asking everyone to check the dates/times that they could attend. This would ensure that we select the time that most of our citizens could attend rather than risk everyone splitting votes between two equally desirable possibilities. Also, if none of the options received 50+% of the votes, then we would know that none of the options are acceptable.

Good post, 40J. It now looks like we have come together on this decision. The people speak as one.

I think one of the mods should create the game. Creation of the game is a thing distinct from playing the save. The president/Dp does the latter. I am voting abstain.

Top Bottom