1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crises of the New World Order

Discussion in 'Civ2 - PBEM Games' started by mordhiem, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Well this is just stupid. If your just gonna go nuke crazy then I quit.

2. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

I mean come on lol, just because you find yourself at a disadvantage your going to quit? Thats not sporting behaviour.

Did you notice i said 4 nukes lol, thats not exactly nuke crazy is it. Especially seeing as i cant reach india without shoving a few onto a nuclear submarine or something.

Its just the rules of war have changed. Im dedicated to winning, in that way im a patriot (even though im english ;) )

3. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

Bump JamesKirk !

4. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

No, it's because that is completely unrealistic. The US wouldn't just nuke nations, it is supposed to be the peacemaker. You can, right now, hold everyone in the game hostage because nobody else has nuclear weapons. I urge the European Union to tell the crazy President in power to disarm his proliferation plans.

If nuclear weapons are used then I urge all powers to rise against the US and isolate them. Call in weapons inspectors occasionally. Airstrike all nuclear weapons storage plants. Make the pariah regime fall. This should all happen if the US detonates nuclear weapons OR uses them for ransom.

5. mordhiem

mordhiem Quantum Physicist

It is my go. Me and Grothgar need to discuss what we are going to do before I play my turn.

6. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

Um, so your telling me that if in todays world, the US was the only nation to have nukes it wouldnt throw its weight around. And i am being a peacemaker, i wasnt the one which started ths war you may remember.

So yes i have nukes but no i wont use them unless threatened, although i would call 2 aircraft carriers sunk quite threatening wouldnt you. And if i recall it was india who sunk one of those.

Pavlov may have been afraid to use them, but desperate times cause for desperate measures

7. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

What's with all the talk? Why didn't you nuke me this turn? :confused:

8. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

Because my "ally" talked me out of it

9. mordhiem

Outrage at EU-US Emergency Summit

President Mordhiem left his security bunker in the Alps as soon as the shocking news of US nuclear proliferation was announced. His team arrived via Concord in Washington D.C. 6 hours later and were locked into talks for nearly 3 days. The exact details of the meeting are classified, but it is understood that on more than one occasion President Mordhiem led his team out of the negotiating room in protest. Immediatley after the talks were over, the President, looking severly drained, gave a short speech on the steps of the White House to a baying crowd of photographers and pressmen we repeat here in full:

"The EU is firmly against any nation possesing nuclear weapons of any kind, even those that are considered non-hostile. It is my duty to protect the welfare of the citizens of the European Union and in order for me to guarentee their protection, I feel it is necessary for me to prevent any agression between nation involving weapons of mass destruction. The new administration has at least been open about their nuclear weapons program, but being truthful is not a luxury, it is expected, it will score them no points. I came to this country with hopes of resolving this difficulty at speed, but developments out of my hands have altered my acheivable goals. President Smith and I had many disscussions on the most apparent subjects and I must say that I was severley dissapointed in their outcome. President Smith assured to me that the nuclear arsenal was in the best interests of the United States and that under no condition would it be dismantled. After much arguement, President Smith also gave his assurance that no nuclear attack would proceed immediatley, but could not guarentee this policy would continue in the future. The EU finds this opinion to be despicable and does not tolerate any kind of support for weapons of mass destruction, henceforth all diplomatic representitives have been recalled back to Brussells immediatley. Trade embargos have been placed upon the USA and any freight in transit will be turned around and distributed internaly. I merley ask you to remember something that President Smith seems to have forgoten, something that I said when I took office:

Thank you, goodnight. May god be a willing defender for all of us."

Indian Army Defeated in Valiant Attack

Spy planes picked up a large group of Indian armour with heavy air suppport moving towards Baghdad from Indian Iran. President Mordhiem had hoped that the announcement of nuclear weapons in the US had meant that the Indian leadership would change there mind, but duly orderd them to be eliminated. 2 elite paratrooper batalions were scrambled and paradroped right into a ferocious battle with enemy tanks. The tanks were eliminated, but the lack of avaliable air support meant that the Indian aircraft were able to continue unharmed.

10. jamesjkirk

jamesjkirk Warlord

But I thought you needed the Nuclear Proliferation wonder in order to build nukes? and it's still not built

Anyway, I'll play tomorrow, I'm going to be gone from the 19th to the 24th, just you you all know. Don't go nuking each other to bits while I'm gone ;)

11. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

I thought so too...

12. mordhiem

We swapped maps and I saw them. Don't worry, he has them. I don't know how he got them, but he does have some.

13. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

Well, I feel pritty safe since you are on our side on this issue :)

14. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

How the hell did Pavlov get them without NP?

15. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

Honestly, you guys are so easy to fool lol. Its just a bit of propoganda :D I did wonder how long it would take you to figure it out. I can see im going to have fun in this game ;)

16. jamesjkirk

jamesjkirk Warlord

mordhiem, you didn't press cntl-n, would you like to repost it?

17. mordhiem

18. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

James Kirk please get this game going. :p ;)

19. mordhiem

20. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity