1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crises of the New World Order

Discussion in 'Civ2 - PBEM Games' started by mordhiem, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

:aargh: :rant: :sheep: !Super-Bump for James Kirk! :sheep: :rant: :aargh:

2. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

!!!! :) Super-Duper-Bump for James Kirk :) !!!!

3. jamesjkirk

jamesjkirk Warlord

All right, all right, sorry, I got back from Washington on Sunday, and I started school yesterday, so it's been a little busy.

President Kurkov Orders European and Indian Forces Out of Iran

Russian planes were flying on routine training missions in Iran when they were shocked to discover several squadrons of Indian jets penetrating Iran's eastern border, and then, delivering even further surprise, European forces were found operating on Iran's gulf coast. These infractions go against President Kurkov's declaration that Russian territory was closed to all foreign forces without prior permission, and it is a slap in the face to the UN Resolution which gave Russia the sole duty of occupying Iran, according to the government's spokesperson. President Kurkov issued a statement ordering these forces out of Russian territory, back in the direction the came, and without engaging one another.

4. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

This month Chinese forces had their first clashes with the overrated Europeans.

European losses:
    * 1 FFG Frigate
    * 1 Helicopter Carrier
    * 1 F-16

The city of Medan was also captured in order to force the 'Un-alligneds' to peace negotiations. A cease fire was signed.

5. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Indian citizens hold an anti-war rally in Bangalore today, telling America, China, Europe and Prime Minister Ohwelao to end this senseless war immediately.

However, because hostilities continue, several successful operations were engaged in order to convince all powers to end the war.

European AWACS plane was shot down over southern India, the pilot and crew are still alive and are being held in a nearby hotel. Rest assured they are not being tortured in any way...

Carrier Bombay launches Mirage jets and sinks a French troop transport boat. En route we spot an FFG frigate and a possible Carrier group.

European paratroopers are overwhelmed by the Indian airpower and quickly defeated; but we will withdraw immediately to respect the Russian pleas for withdrawl. We will not fly sorties over Iran to go to Iraq, and I presume Europe will do the same.

And please can we end this war? We would like to promote scientific and economic progress, not the death of people.

6. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

Ok, i load up my turn, and surprise surprise theres Global Warming, what do you want to do about this, and how the hell did you let it get this bad. I normally build up about 40 Engineers just in case

7. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

:eek: Global Warming? I only have one pollution square, it's being cleaned right now.

Did the terrain actually change, or did you just get the warning?

8. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

The Terrain changed, now as the US this wasnt that bad, but for everyone else it was quite devestating, India was mostly Desert, so was quite a few of chinas major cities. Britisn was a vast jungle, it was scary stuff

9. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Funny, I don't believe you after that nuke thing.

10. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

lol, thats true, but honestly, if you want me to continue then hey, but youll be ruined. Theres no gain for me this time :)

11. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Well, what does everyone else say? Should Grothgar continue with the "warmed up" save game, or for ease should we have him re-load?

I can't decide myself, I mean, it's realistic but its a pain in the @ss! :ack:

12. mordhiem

mordhiem Quantum Physicist

Well, if someone hasn't been paying attention to pollution (looks at...... less developed nations) then we should pay the consequences.

13. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

I don't have any pollution, I just checked myself. I blame Russia, China, and the Unnaligned. Also I just looked at the map; our maps might be dated but Russia has alot of pollution...

14. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

Ehh...? Why blame China? We have no pollution, but I noticed a lot of pollution in Russia. I counted 11 squares of pollution in Russia. 10 in the US. 11 in the EU. 3 in India and none in China :p

15. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Your maps must really suck then. :p

Well, obviously Russia is a major contributor to the global catastrophe. Since India is now all desert apparently I demand engineers :p

And I want to end the war, so we can all re-build our nations and save our people.

16. jamesjkirk

jamesjkirk Warlord

I admit, Russia has a crapload of pollution, I inherited it that way, and I've been trying to clean it up and move to cleaner energy sources, but it's not much help so far

EDIT: still, I wouldn't really be opposed to having him reload, it really could hamper the game, and I doubt it follows the intent of the game to have this occur, especially in pbem

17. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

What do you mean by reload?

18. jamesjkirk

jamesjkirk Warlord

Open up the savegame again, like he's doing it for the first time, so the random Global Warming event won't happen

19. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

sounds like a good idea :)

20. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

Nope tried that, it seems that Global Warming is at such a state it does it every turn and i have done this about 7 times you know :D But hey ill post the game tonight, global warming and all, but i doubt india will like having mostly jungles around their capital