1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crises of the New World Order

Discussion in 'Civ2 - PBEM Games' started by mordhiem, Oct 8, 2002.

1. jamesjkirk

jamesjkirk Warlord

How can we be sure this isn't just the result of American mastery of climatic warfare put to use against its enemies? ;)

2. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

GLOBAL WARMING !!!!

Last 6 Months see Ice Caps melt! Jungles form in India, Deserts spring up all over Europe, Shanghai now a desert location.

The President of the United States has today warned that unless the pollution of the "unclean" nations is stopped then the spread of Deserts and other Global Warming Related illnesses will become common place. He says that international war should not stand in the way of a common good to keep this planet alive.

However his words ring a bit hollow as a chinese FFG Frigate was sunk by missile strikes from an unamed submarine and a Mig-29 was downed over Singapore, the pilot was seen to be killed in the crash, especially after the US Ground forces found him :king:

Other than that, just not much :D

3. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

Super Bump!

4. mordhiem

mordhiem Quantum Physicist

Hmmmmm, no global warming here... :rolleyes: President Mordhiem is greatly puzzled at recent American actions, have they become the pranksters of the world? Anyway, on with the war :D

Faisalabad captured!

President Mordhiem had orderd paratroopers to drop deep into India and "harras enemy forces behind the lines", however he was not expecting such rapid results from his brave troops. According to official reports, the paras were assigned with destruction of key installastions on the outskirts of Faisalabad but only encountered very limited resistance. They pressed further into the town to find it defended by a single company of conscripted infantry. They were quickly overwhelemed and the city was thiers. Also, Indian aircraft responsible for the decimation of forward elements of the 22nd Paras shot down over Iran. It was suspected that they were heading to Baghdad.

Cease-Fire signed behind Presidents back!

Against wishes of the President, the EU council met in secret with Indian officials, also presumed to be operating without consent of their government, and negotiated a cease-fire between the nations. Certain members of the EU council heavily influenced other MEP's leading to the proposal being narowly passed by 1 vote, with nearly 60 % of the council abstaining in protest over the 'rebel ministers' actions. It is expected that as soon as the 'rebels' are booted from power, the war will resume.

5. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Err... to do that you would have needed to use Iranian airspace. You just violated Russia's wishes.

AND NO I WAS NOT HEADING FOR BAGHDAD!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I can't believe this!! You just invade my lands without second thought. This isn't world war two, you know. And why don't you want to end this war? See what I mean? You and america are taking over the damn world and if I try to do something about it you just take more! And you don't even tell us about it so we can give our opinions! Can you at least act like a modern politician instead of Adolf Hitler?

6. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

I hope the Russians will respond in our favour in this matter, since you have surely violated Russian demands:

This can not be tolerated, now can it, pres. Kurkov? This is an insult to your soverignity as I see it.

7. mordhiem

Airplanes don't have to travel in a straight line ;)

I didn't mean to capture your city, honestly! I thought it still had troops in, but apparently not. Besides, if I hadn't destroyed your task force IN IRAN last turn, you would've attacked and tried to capture Baghdad. I don't think those armour divisions were there on holiday... :rolleyes:

8. mordhiem

I do as well. I hope that President Ohwealo is reprimanded to the full degree for his intrusion into Iran with several Armoured divisions. Our aircraft strikes on them was merely self defence, the EU is not prepared to sit back whilst enemy forces roll through a DMZ with clear intent to attack us!

9. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

You didn't mean to!?!?!?!? :lol: :lol: Whoops, I captured a city on accident! :rolleyes:

And who are you to assume I would have attacked Iraq? Mind you, When Kurkov told us to leave Iranian land I sent all my units to the border of Iran, except for 2 air units who were just taking out those paratroops.

And again, mind you, I put those units there to defend against your "restoring democracy" ploy.

Why don't you WANT to end this war? Dirty Imperialists.

10. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

Pres. Mordhiem of the European Union vioalated the Internatianal Law when invading India through Iranian land. Take that into account when analyzing this, most honerable pres. Kurkov of the Russians.

11. mordhiem

No forces were ever present in Iran, unlike another nations forces...

If you want to find a criminal, maybe you should look in the jail.

12. jamesjkirk

jamesjkirk Warlord

President Kurkov doesn't need other nations telling him what and how he should think. It's clear that both India and Europe were in violation of Russian airspace, and that both violated his redeclaration that Iran was off limits. India attacked the European forces that were in Iran against Russia's specific demand, and Europe used Iranian airspace to attack targets in India.

So what is Russia to do about this? Shall we make war, the only thing the other nations of the world know how to do? No, the Russian people are far too civilized to make such a decision lightly. We shall instead increase our border security and issue yet another ultimatum that Russia's borders are not to be ignored, we will draw them on the map if we have to!

And so we have. These can be considered the Russian borders around Iran. The squares that the line goes through shall be shared and usable by whomever the border is shared with. But every square inside of that line is to be used and occupied by Russia and Russia alone:

Attached Files:

13. jamesjkirk

jamesjkirk Warlord

And the save:

14. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

China became even more shocked over the lack of respect for Russia when they found American AEGIS Cruisers within Russia's territory, off Vladivostok. :eek: These ships have been delt with and sent to the bottom of the sea. Play by International Law when fighting a war, mr. Yankee.

Other than that, Yangon was retaken.

15. jamesjkirk

jamesjkirk Warlord

In order to take out a ship that was in Russian waters, wouldn't you yourself have to enter our territory? ;)

16. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

Play by International Law, HA china would do well to heed their own words, as the Russian President has already commented, you must have violated International Law to sink that AEGIS Cruiser. Also i would let it be known that that Cruiser was there by invitation of the Russian Government and so China cannot even hide behind their International Law argument, be sure of the facts before you commit atrocities.

Also i would like point out that when the UN was the International Law china took no notice of it what-so-ever, who is the rule breaker now Mr Chairman?

17. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Madras food storage supplies are running low and there is a food shortage. :(

And for a strange reason everyone in India is now infected with a disease that makes everyone extremely, extremely aroused. Lets make some babies, shall we?

18. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Bugger, forgot the file.

19. Grothgar

Grothgar Chieftain

The american people await chinas response for their violation of russian waters to destroy an american cruiser explicitly there by the invitation of the Russian government. To avenge this loss the 2 AEGIS Cruisers spotted by an American Spy Plane were sunk by missile strikes, this takes the USS Tridents tally to 3 Cruisers sunk by its onboard missiles.

In an amazing feat of Engineering two new Nuclear Carriers have been completed in the past half a year, these two carriers, the USS Moinca Legwinski and the USS Gary Smith are travelling to Hawaii for refitting and to collect their strike planes, 7 F-22 Raptor Air Wings each. There is no prizes for where these will be heading.

And to make that clear they will be heading for China, the US has no quarrel with India, despite the fact that they sunk an American Carrier with no provocation. The US wishes an end to this war, but it also wishes china to be stripped of all its ill gotten possesions and returned to its own borders of 1992.

20. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

Bump Mordhiem!