1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

CTP 2 crash

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Alvaro, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Alvaro

Alvaro Chieftain

When trying to load games for above arround 1700AD years the game crash on win2k. I've tryed to apply the 1.1 patch but itdoesn't detect any installation. Could anyone tell me what is the registry settings (I guess that could be the reason for not being found), or any hint on that.

Thanks in advance,

Alvaro

2. Maquiladora

Maquiladora Chieftain

Thats a fairly common problem with the patch and win2k/XP. You could use the manual patch install. It bypasses the v1.11 Patch WISE installer, so you just unzip the files yourself. You can find it at http://www.apolyton.net/dir/

Apologies for the late reply :D

3. justp360

justp360 Chieftain

i hope you are not wanting to change anything in your registry settings !
    firstly it's a very bad thing to do !!!
    and patches are bad too..
    how can you tell they work 100% for you.half the time that's why games
    crash with bad patchs or mods i never trust them. :mad: :nuke: :nono: :ar15:

4. Martin Gühmann

Martin Gühmann Chieftain

In that case you shouldn't install any piece of program, whether it is a game or something else.

How can you tell that the unpatched game works for you, the problem is that games are released unfinished, nowadays. That's true for CTP1 for CTP2 and for Civ3. All these games need patches.

To answer your question for CTP2 is very easy, since Activision released the source code. You just need to look into the code and if the game doesn't work for you. You can change it.

-Martin