Cultural Citystyles for BtS, patch 3.19

I don't think it's gamebreaking, per se. I just think it's bad. It looks like the type of error that can cause issues, just more of an intuitive feeling based off of modding CIV4 for the couple years I have been doing it. The No Shadow thing I'm sure is benign because default BtS will give that error in the LSystem logs, also it just doesn't seem like something that can cause other issues, the engine seems to have no issue with bad shaders, even in unit or leaderhead models. The same can not be said about constraint issues or bad nodes.

Here is the link to LoR's current LSystem files:

LoR Lystem zip

Downloaded.
There are two LSystem files in it. Do you want the LoR_enhanced_graphics, the LoR or both checked?

Both, LoR has an optional add on that enhances graphics, basically that one is the same as your cityStyles folder, the other is cut down with less of your cityset stuff included to make it easier on mid range systems. I'm pretty sure the CityLSystem files are the same between the two, just the PlotL is smaller in the regular old LoR version so that not as much extra stuff is rendered on the map for users who don't want, or can't really use enhanced graphics.

Here they are then. I restored the production nodes to what I see in the BtS Civ4CityLSystem, except for my decoration adaptions which are necessary for the city "underground". I also moved the city facilities (palace, granary,...) to node 3x2/2x3 so you're sure they will be visible in the later era's. The 3x1/1x3 cityset graphics won't show up on the map anymore from the renaissance era onwards.

Please report back, either it be good or bad news.

Attachments

• New_PlotLSystem1.rar
    60.6 KB · Views: 67
Thanks Geomodder

The Error log is certainly much better. But still a few chunks of this in there:

Spoiler :
Warning: Node Leaf_2x2 has no generic art matching constraint 90.000000
Warning: Node Leaf_2x2 has no generic art matching constraint 0.000000
Warning: Node Leaf_3x1 has no generic art matching constraint 90.000000
Warning: Node Leaf_3x1 has no generic art matching constraint 0.000000
Warning: Node Leaf_3x1 has no generic art matching constraint 180.000000

Wouldn't setting up BtS to allow 3x1 and 2x2 Leafs after the renesaince be the best way to solve the issue, rather then removing the art? How hard would it be to set that up?

Also when I first fired it up, it crashed because of a schema issue, fixed it. But it leaves me a bit aprehensious. I'm going to just use the first version I uploaded for you to check out for now. Hopefully with more time and a concerted effort you can clear up all these constraint and other errors.

Schema issue? Which one? I'm using the BtS schemes. Does LoR have custom ones then?

BTW, wouldn't setting up BtS to allow 3x1 and 2x2 Leafs after the renesaince be the best way to solve the issue, rather then removing the art? How hard would it be to set that up?

:lol: What I removed were my xml entries setting it up so that BtS would still use 3x1 leafs after the medieval era! You more or less implied that this was the cause. And 2x2 leafs were always allowed in all era's under the Firaxis xml. If they are still happening, I can't think of what else causes them.
The only other thing I can recommend is copying my entries node after node and see how that goes.

Btw, no shadow errors, or did you left those out of your report?

Schema issue? Which one? I'm using the BtS schemes. Does LoR have custom ones then?
It was a typo in your comment, no big deal.

:lol: What I removed were my xml entries setting it up so that BtS would still use 3x1 leafs after the medieval era! You more or less implied that this was the cause. And 2x2 leafs were always allowed in all era's under the Firaxis xml. If they are still happening, I can't think of what else causes them.
The only other thing I can recommend is copying my entries node after node and see how that goes.
I really don't know what is causing the 3x1 constraint errors, I can only speculate. Just trying to bring it to your attention so that the cause is fixed, and these errors stop popping up in the LSystem log. I have a feeling it's a big undertaking to fix these.

Btw, no shadow errors, or did you left those out of your report?
I only posted a little block of the LSystem log, just to show that the 3x1 and 2x2 constraint errors were still popping up. As to the shadow errors, they seem pretty irrelevant, as I said in default BtS they happen, and bad shaders in all the other models, leaderheads and units, don't cause any problems, so I don't think the engine has any issues with them.

Well, I've changed what I thought could be the issue. Appearantly the culprit is someplace else, so there's no use for me to spent more time on it until better info pops up.

With all of the posts and reposts, and fixes and screenshots it is a bit difficult to tell where this mod stands currently. So hopefully you can answer these questions for me;

1) When was this last updated and posted?

2) Did you add the Iberian city sets? In fact, let me ask it this way; which city sets are in the latest edition?

3) Are thre still missing textures or have all of those issues been fixed?

4) Do the errors effect the gameplay if I have python pop-ups turned off? Does the game crash?

5) Finally; does the Egyptian city-set for the medieval era look more "mediterranean/greco-Roman" than ancient Egyptian or did you go with a more middle-eastern look for this era?

Thanks in advance for answering any of these questions, I am working on a mod and its hard to keep track of other mods' updates.

The OP tells what is available for public consumption.

So that's what you got. As on your other questions, solvable errors like wrong text or missing textures are fixed as people post them or I find them. The only citysets I still need to put in are Freya's Spanish and Inca cityset, and Walter's Mediterranean cityset. Next to that the cottages/farm era graphics needs to be put in line with all European, the Meso and the 3 above citysets in Civ4CityLSystem. And to top the cake there's still facilities to add.

The OP tells what is available for public consumption.

Thank you that didn't even occur to me.

So that's what you got. As on your other questions, solvable errors like wrong text or missing textures are fixed as people post them or I find them. The only citysets I still need to put in are Freya's Spanish and Inca cityset, and Walter's Mediterranean cityset. Next to that the cottages/farm era graphics needs to be put in line with all European, the Meso and the 3 above citysets in Civ4CityLSystem. And to top the cake there's still facilities to add.

Thanks a lot, great work so far. The mod I am going to use this for is going to be finished in a month or two so I just wanted to keep myself updated on what the content is here because I might have to alter it just a bit (I have civs like Polynesia in my mod, which might require a set that you don't have and thus I would have to add it myself).

OK, i thought it was just a glitch before, but now that it has happened again when i put in the new PLOT/citysets, its got to be the problem, here it is:

I can play normally without any problem, but i have to make SURE that i have it in the WB or it will not save in the autosave, each and EVERYONE in the autosave crashes to desktop.

When i put the older ones in it doesnt do that???

Here is a current copy of my Lsystem, dont worry about those that say "building:Art/Empty.nif does not contain a node called SHADOW. Its shadow, if present, will be corrupt!" thats normal cause i dont want the buildings there.

I found that 1x1_02 glitch (finally).
strategyonly, do a search for generic:.nif::1x1_02 in the CC Civ4CityLystem, and you should end up in the second entry of the "<!-- 1x1 SOUTH_EAST_ASIAN ANCIENT/CLASSICAL/MEDIEVAL -->" section.

Replace the generic:.nif::1x1_02 with generic:an_asia.nif::1x1_02. That should do it. On my end my search didn't show a second such missing filename.

The constraints are out of my league for the moment. And for the tribalvillage.kfm problem I thought I already posted a fixed PlotLSystem earlier.

Btw, did you add your xml entries to the CC CityLSystem, or the other way around?

The mod I am going to use this for is going to be finished in a month or two so I just wanted to keep myself updated on what the content is here because I might have to alter it just a bit (I have civs like Polynesia in my mod, which might require a set that you don't have and thus I would have to add it myself).

Well, the Polynesians aren't a BtS civ, so it won't be in this version of CC.
Do you have a link to this mod in progress?

Well, I just started on the mod about a month ago so it isn't that close to being finished at this point. The ORIGINAL mod (which you will read about on the first page) is not compatible with 3.19 and I am pretty sure FileFront dropped it again, so it may not even be available right now. But anyway HERE IS THE LINK to the thread.

I am splitting the Native Americans into the Iroquois and Sioux, changing the HRE to the Frankish Empire, and adding Polynesia as a civ. I am thinking of adding one or two more, but I think I'll stop at those and make the rest of the civs modular. I have a bunch of modular civs for the old version which I am going to upgrade for the 3.19 version.

I see.
No plans to switch unit graphics when a new era starts? ;)

Well, perhaps, but my main worry at this point is causing MAF errors, and I figure the less graphics utilized the better off I will be with that. I assume what you are speaking of is, say the difference between a renaissance Rifleman and an Industrial one, or a classical archer turning into a medieval one.

I could always do that later, but I don't want the game to be needlessly large.

I never understood why people think that putting era-specific unit art gives more chance to cause a MAF error then already happens in say a mod like Varietas Delectat.
Once a new era is reached, and units switch (hypothetically spoken) to a new artline, the memory used by the earlier era art should be wiped clean.
Or not?

Top Bottom