Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

Any update on if this bug has been addressed? I've quit using the mod because of it, and sadly every mod that depends on it.

I know the community patch has gone through a bunch of changes so I understand that you're probably waiting for the dust to settle

Suggest me an alt. for the Southern starting bonus, and I'll fix it.

Is Byzantium now considered Classical culture? It still has music from Eastern, but i got Liberty tree opened instead of free Barracks and Walls. Something is wrong?

Suggest me an alt. for the Southern starting bonus, and I'll fix it.

I like fishing as a starting tech - just doesn't give embarkation with CBO for some reason.

I've tried a couple fixes in the CultDiv_ModSupport sql file.

Duplicating CBO's code to move embarkation to fishing didn't work. I was hoping that it was a mod loading-order error that was causing the issue, but it appears that something else is causing the issue.

The fix that did work was moving embarkation back to sailing by adding these lines of code:

Spoiler :
UPDATE Technologies
SET AllowsEmbarking = '1'
WHERE Type = 'TECH_OPTICS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Technologies
SET AllowsEmbarking = '0'
WHERE Type = 'TECH_SAILING' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

The other option that I can think of is to make the starting technology Sailing instead of Fishing. I have not played with this option yet to see if other issues crop up.

Bad news - doesn't work - just realized it only give the embarkation to the starting units

Played with the code and figured it out.

Your code was taking away the free embarkation promotion granted by fishing using CBO. I updated CulDiv_ModSupport to give it back

Spoiler :
UPDATE JFD_CultureType_StartingBonuses
SET FreePolicy = null, FreePolicyBranch = null, FreeTech = 'TECH_SAILING', FreeUnitPromotion = 'PROMOTION_EMBARKATION', Description = 'TXT_KEY_JFD_DAWN_SOUTHERN_BONUSES_CBP'
WHERE CultureType = 'JFD_Southern'
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type = 'COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_POLICIES' AND Value = 1);

The bonus is good thematically, it just doesn't fire correctly.

Yeah, but I don't know how to (easily, and effectively) fix the issue. So it'll be best to find an alt. bonus. Sailing if nothing else, but that might be too OP?

Is Byzantium now considered Classical culture? It still has music from Eastern, but i got Liberty tree opened instead of free Barracks and Walls. Something is wrong?

That's intentional. Byzantium is Classical because it being Eastern Roman, but it uses the Eastern soundtrack because it being Orthodox. I thought it'd make things a bit more interesting at any rate.

Alts for southern. Start near olives. Start near wine. Start with a Galley. None of the first techs really fit thematically. Maybe starting with Piety since the Papal group is already pretty exclusive so it wouldn't be stealing from much. The Iberians, Italians and Greeks are a religious bunch. Then Crusader civs could be lumped into the group as well.

They should start with a choice of Great Artist / Great Musician / Great Writer, perhaps? They're basically all renaissance Italian civs.

Hello. I'd like to say thanks for making this excellent mod - I'm happy to report that it works well with the 7-7 Community Patch update (sans CBO). Regarding custom/modded civs, I have a question as a user - where should I put the code that assigns them to a culture type? Looking through CulDiv_GameDefines.sql as instructed on the first page, all I see are (if I'm interpreting the code correctly) the specifics and bonuses of each culture type, with no civ assignments in sight. I think any changes for my custom civs should be in CulDiv_Civilizations.sql, but I'm not sure where and how should I place my changes.

I started a game as Ghandi, and while I got the Bharata starting bonus, the soundtrack that's playing is the Celtic one, not the Indian one.

Edit: Same thing happened with Rome.

I started playing with the mod a few days ago, and I've noticed that whenever I play as Brazil I receive the Tribal-American bonus of trapping, and the game the Brazilian starting bonus - rather than starting anywhere near a jungle I'm starting in a plains/forest area that I'd get from something like the Iroquois. I've started countless games with the same result every time as Brazil as well, and playing a game w/o the mod immediately starts me in jungle.

The mod seems to think Brazil's a tribal-american civ rather than a colonial one.

I am having a very strange bug where if I have both RTP and CD enabled, the Celtic soundtrack plays for everybody. My logs yield nothing.

TXT error on Mandala's White Elephant World Event.

Is that what's causing it?

Is that what's causing it?

I doubt it, sadly; are you sure that couldn't be a mod conflict? I can't think of anything else that would cause it.

It might be a problem with CBO....

Edit: Hiram's Celtic pack, which I have a sneaky suspician is MC's next project.

It might be a problem with CBO....

Edit: Hiram's Celtic pack, which I have a sneaky suspician is MC's next project.

I'd be willing to bet the Celt Split would be the problem, yeah :p

Just checked: CulDiv internally provides support for the Celt Split, although this does sound like the culprit. Any others that might be outdated?

Actually I needed to decouple the Celtic pack from the CP and the CBO.

Top Bottom