Custom maps crashing since VC Redist update?

BlackEmperor

Chieftain
Hello,
I wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing crashes during the loading screen while starting a custom map created via World Builder? It seems to happen for me since the last "patch" that updated VC Redist yesterday. I originally thought I did something wrong in my new map, but the old map I created which started perfectly fine crashes now as well although I didn't change anything in it.

I, too, have suffered crashes with the VC Redist update. One, I don't think it is actually updating on launch since it shows the update every time I load. Two, my crashes occur after launch, around turn 10 or so.

I've been able to load a custom map I created before the patch after removing all other maps. Editing it and loading it again works, so I might use it as a base to create new ones and do things step by step, to see what would cause a crash eventually.
Problem is I can't even create a basic map from scratch. Blank ocean map, putting some grasland islands on it and two civs, saving and then testing it out results in a crash during the loading screen. If only the log files would tell me what's the problem...

Top Bottom