[Cutscene] Found Religion (Generic)

It rather seems for me for corrupted (or not well attached in .xml) .nif rather than .dds
When i experimented with .nifs in main menu i get severals time bug like in your screenshot Dryhad. Check also .xml links.

It rather seems for me for corrupted (or not well attached in .xml) .nif rather than .dds
When i experimented with .nifs in main menu i get severals time bug like in your screenshot Dryhad. Check also .xml links.
It seems pretty clear to me that the problem is with the DDS (or at least with something's ability to deal with the DDS) because I can make it work by changing nothing more than the DDS.

The Civ4 nif's are generally quite difficult, when it comes to Alpha blending - that's why i asked if the original texture does work right away...
Sine the nif seems to work with the released texture however... I dunno...

For now i could only offe to reattach the Alphha chanel for you. @Dryhad if you want to use the old paper, paste the text onto it - making the actual texture ready without alpha, then send it to me - you can PM me, if you need Email - i will reattach the ALpha chanel.

Here's the one I want to use with the old style. I'm fine with the text being "new style" as that religion comes later in the tech tree, I just used it as an example because I could easily show the difference.

The main thing that confuses me is that nobody else seems to be encountering such a problem. That's kind of worrying.

Attachments

• Paper_Diffuse.zip
    104 KB · Views: 86
Ok, i doublechecked everything - i am pretty sure there is nothing wrong about the Nif. Transparency settings are good.
While at it i fixed the flipped UVW map, so you don't need to mirror your Text/Pictures now.

Your texture still does not work @Dryhad. But stuff i export myself - from PS or DxtBmp - seems to work just fine :confused: No idea what's the problem is. As i said before...
texture ready without alpha, then send it to me - you can PM me, if you need Email - i will reattach the Alpha chanel.

I really can't say whats wrong about your file - it looked exactly like my own. Seems to have the right Alpha chanel too...

All i did was: Load it in DxtBmp -> Save As -> Dds Texture -> Dxt3 . (The Paper_Diffuse_fromDxtBmp.dds file)

The other one the same thing via PS - Loaded -> Flipped (To match the updated UVW mapping) -> Save As -> DDs -> Dxt3.

For some reason the file from DxtBmp is bigger than your original file... But the PS file is exactly the same like yours... Both my files work... Your apperently not ...

:confused:

I really can't say whats wrong about your file - it looked exactly like my own. Seems to have the right Alpha chanel too...

All i did was: Load it in DxtBmp -> Save As -> Dds Texture -> Dxt3 . (The Paper_Diffuse_fromDxtBmp.dds file)

The other one the same thing via PS - Loaded -> Flipped (To match the updated UVW mapping) -> Save As -> DDs -> Dxt3.

For some reason the file from DxtBmp is bigger than your original file... But the PS file is exactly the same like yours... Both my files work... Your apperently not ...

:confused:
Ok, what I find interesting here is that your DxtBmp has the distinction of working in the game but not in WTV. I had so far been working under the assumption that there was some issue that neither could handle. It would appear that, although the issue is still somehow connected to DxtBmp (your Photoshop version works fine in WTV) it's only a problem for WTV? Which would, of course, mean that it's a different problem for the game. And apparently unique to my own computer.

WTV is Windows Texture Viewer ? If so, all the files (Yours and any version of my own) do show in it... (Just downloaded the thing to try...) I really can't say what's wrong there - since i cant reproduce the problems on my computer...

Are you running Vsta by any chance ? I have seen people reporting trouble with dds files in Vista - in a completely unrelated thread about completely different tools... still...

Perhaps you could try GIMP for exporting the textures... It's free and i know it does work... At least on my computer :sad:
The Gimp: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
And the DDS plugin for it: http://registry.gimp.org/node/70

No, I'm not using Vista. Maybe I need a different version of WTV, but that wouldn't solve the game problem anyway. I'll just use Gimp, though I'm still puzzled by why there should be a problem.

This is superb - very useful indeed

If you could see your way to doing something similar for the shrine movies (the shrines are what great prophets build) then adding religions would become much simpler and much more slick.

Shrine "movies" are just simle dds files. Make a dds - or use the same you use for the paper texture here - and point the movie tag in the xml to it.

Thank you, it helped me much to create movies for the new religions of my mod. ;-)

and which mod is that jojoweb?

The Total War Mod. I have added 8 new religions, and it was very easy to make their movies with this modcomp. But it will be available in the next version ^^.

Hi Refar,
your found religion movie is really good, but it's a bit silly for ancient religions because pencil and books are too medieval (I'm speaking about B.C. religions as Animism, Egyptian, Sumerian, Olympian, ecc...)
Could you release a generic movie with table objects more suited for aged religions?
For such purpose, I also suggest to use wood/papyrus or stone/marble template instead of the paper one
Thanks in advance
;)

The books and pencil are separate objects - just in case they wouldn't fit some religion/taste - so you can just select and delete them in NifScope. (Edit: Attached file)
For my taste the desk looks to empty now - you will probably want to replace the stuff - any separate, reasonable detailed, object you can rip from another nif should do fine.

Ok, thanks.

Yes, the desk looks empty now, but I think it looks better without modern books and pencil.

Adding bronze or pottery vases and cups on the desk should be fine for every customized religion (usually they were founded during ancient times).
I hope someone reading this post would suggest useful links to existing and suited objects when he will encounter them in the graphic forum :)

Top Bottom