1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dale's Combat Mod (BTS 3.19)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by stolenrays, Sep 21, 2011.

1. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

deleted

2. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

Well I finally got this mod to run, It was the BUG mod on my computer causing a python error. delete BUG mod = problem solved.

3. DiMarzio

DiMarzio Chieftain

How do I give new custom units and buildings these abilities? ie. to bombard, archer bombard and be airbombeb? I added<iDCMBombAccuracy> tags with the percentages at the end of the unit entry in the CIV4UnitInfos.XML, but the mod gives me XML errors every time I launch the game.

EDIT: Nevermind. I should have read the XML errors more carefully, since I realised that I had modular civs (from CIV Gold) and they had each their own *Schema.XML files, which of course had no lines for DCM. I copied the according lines from the DCM's Schema files and I'm good to go!

4. xaster

xaster Warlord

@stolenrays
    The DCM 2.6 will not work !! The Main Menu shows no Text.
    It seems there is a problem with the german translation.
    I switch the language to english and now the menu is working.
    is there mayba a issue with the txt files ??? :confused::confused:

EDIT just adjust the txt file a bit. now it is working in german as well :cool:
    you can find it in the attachment.

EDIT EDIT
    I have merge a couple of things and wondering why you have adjusted the most of
    <iAsset> & <iPower> values in UnitInfos !? Is there any sense in relation of DCM or on other purpose ?

Attached Files:

5. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

So while this mod works perfectly fine for human players, it seems to me the AI is unable to use ranged bombardment except for when it would normally use the regular city defense bombard function. So far I've only seen it use a battleship to bombard a city, from the adjacent tile despite having a range of 2. It never bombards units outside of cities no matter what.

I'm using the dll from this mod unedited, but I've merged the python and xml code with Next War and a few edits of my own. Did I mess up somewhere, or does the AI really not work for this?

6. SomeoneWhoCares

SomeoneWhoCares Chieftain

I'm surprised people are still updating this mod. I assume you guys worked off the RevDCM's DCM component. So I guess the DCM in the current 2.9 version of RevDCM is outdated right? Is there any merge I can find or do I have to merge them myself (which I can do). I hope you guys improved it enough to make merging worth it.

7. Zlatko

Zlatko CIW

In LoR AI use ranged bombardement, AI use and AI missions from DCM too, but that is some older version of DCM, Stolenrays is improved DCM. I think that AI use ranged bombardment only if unit is weaker than target. Cannon will fire on stack of Modern Armors, but Mobile Artillery will not fire on stack of Axemans, because Mobile Artillery can crush them in direct attack. I think that this work on this way but i don't really sure...
    Try latest version of DCM.

8. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

So would you be so kind as to share the link to the latest version after v2.9? and/or the link to the svn?

9. fuad

fuad Warlord

Sorry for bumping this thread but how can I enable the catapult bombarding like the rest of the seige units . The way things are now catapult is still acting like a melee units, thx in advance

10. kine100

kine100 Chieftain

Hello, everyone..
    I'm new for SDK and modding for my own based on 'Dale's combat mod',
    and I'm in trouble to compile the codes.

The settings wouldn't have a problem.
    for the test, I tried to compile a dll with original BTS codes only, and it was succeed.
    and what I am doing is compile with the codes from the DCM only
    and keep getting error messages below.. for 2 days already..

1>------ Build started: Project: CvGameCoreDLL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
    1>Performing Makefile project actions
    1> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe" /nologo /MD /O2 /Oy /Oi /G7 /DNDEBUG /DFINAL_RELEASE /Fp"Release\CvGameCoreDLL.pch" /GR /Gy /W3 /EHsc /Gd /Gm- /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCVGAMECOREDLL_EXPORTS /Yu"CvGameCoreDLL.h" /IBoost-1.32.0/include /IPython24/include /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A/Include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A/Include/mfc" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0/include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\CvGameCoreDLL\Python24/include" /FoRelease\CvUnit.obj /c CvUnit.cpp
    1>CvUnit.cpp
    1>CvUnit.cpp(4549) : error C2065: 'iCount' : undeclared identifier
    1>CvUnit.cpp(4550) : error C2065: 'pUnit' : undeclared identifier
    1>CvUnit.cpp(4551) : error C2065: 'pUnitNode' : undeclared identifier
    1>CvUnit.cpp(4552) : error C3861: 'pUnitNode': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
    1>CvUnit.cpp(4552) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
    1>NMAKE : warning U4010: 'Release\CvUnit.obj' : build failed; /K specified, continuing ...
    1>NMAKE : warning U4011: 'Release\CvGameCoreDLL.dll' : not all dependents available; target not built
    1>NMAKE : warning U4011: 'Release' : not all dependents available; target not built
    1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"
    1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\CIV\CIV4\01_Final_progress\01_TEST_RevDCM\CvGameCoreDLL\Release\BuildLog.htm"
    1>CvGameCoreDLL - 6 error(s), 3 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

and the part causes error messages, It is not the original but I never modified at all from the mod.
    Code:
    // Dale - AB: AI Bombing START
                //Hangar Airbomb START//
                if (GC.getImprovementInfo(pPlot->getImprovementType()).isActsAsCity() && pCity == NULL)
                {
                    if (GC.getUnitInfo(getUnitType()).getDCMAirBomb4())
                    {
    >                   iCount = 0;
    >                    pUnit = NULL;
    >                    pUnitNode = pPlot->headUnitNode();
                         while (pUnitNode != NULL)
                        {
                            pLoopUnit = ::getUnit(pUnitNode->m_data);
                            pUnitNode = pPlot->nextUnitNode(pUnitNode);
                            if (pLoopUnit->getDomainType() == DOMAIN_SEA)
                            {
                                iCount++;
                            }
                        }
                        if (iCount > 0)
                        {
                            airBomb4(iX, iY);
                        }
                    }
                    //Hangar Airbomb START//
                    if (GC.getUnitInfo(getUnitType()).getDCMAirBomb6())
                    {
                       iCount = 0;
                        pUnit = NULL;
                        pUnitNode = pPlot->headUnitNode();
                        while (pUnitNode != NULL)
                        {
                            pLoopUnit = ::getUnit(pUnitNode->m_data);
                            pUnitNode = pPlot->nextUnitNode(pUnitNode);
                            if (pLoopUnit->getGroup()->getActivityType() != ACTIVITY_INTERCEPT)
                            {
                                if (pLoopUnit->getDomainType() == DOMAIN_AIR)
                                {
                                    iCount++;
                                }
                            }
                        }
                        if (iCount > 0)
                        {
                            airBomb6(iX, iY);
                        }
                    } 
                //Hangar Airbomb END//
                }
                // Dale - AB: AI Bombing END
    I put the mark '>' for the notice on the post.

Can any one help me to solve this problem..

11. voleur

voleur Chieftain

I have a question about Dales combat mod
    It does not allow to use the bombing option in a vassal territory against an enemy.
    Working only on his own territory and enemy territory

I am separated from my worst enemy by 2 states (once vassals, sometimes not but with a very good relationship) I subsidize them and provided weapons when my enemy attacks them. But sometimes I must intervene and when I send my armies in the allied cities, impossible to bomb my enemy.

Which line of code should I change and in which file?

Sorry for my bad english, not my mother tongue.