Dale's Combat Mod (BTS 3.19)

Those suggestions, Dacubz, I think are outside the realm of DCM, but are feasible.

In Community Civ V there is also a modcomp called hybrid helicopters. Helicopters can perform recon missions similar to planes. They can also jump to a spot and back in the same turn. If it has the ability to hold cargo, then it could pick up/drop off supplies/troops.

The paratrooper mission could probably get done, but it is complicated. You could add in a bomber plane to the paratrooper drop. You might also make it so that a paratrooper's mission can only be triggered if it is an air cargo. Then the animation would have to combo the plane fly by and the paradrop. A bit complicated though. Not sure if anyone knows how to do the animation part.

Version 2.0 is available for download with the following changes:
-Field bombardment can inflict damage on single units again.
-Hangar Airbomb Mission-Military planes not in intercept mode can be targeted and destroyed (similar to the port airbomb mission).
-Fighter Engagement Mission can ONLY target fighters that are intercepting.
-3 of the mission buttons changed.
-Sunk message bug triggered.
-Accuracychange xml tag removed from Civ4UnitSchema.xml

Version 2.0 is available for download with the following changes:
-Field bombardment can inflict damage on single units again.
-Hangar Airbomb Mission-Military planes not in intercept mode can be targeted and destroyed (similar to the port airbomb mission).
-Fighter Engagement Mission can ONLY target fighters that are intercepting.
-3 of the mission buttons changed.
-Sunk message bug triggered.
-Accuracychange xml tag removed from Civ4UnitSchema.xml

I ran a series of tests today. Phase 20 of my SDK project includes all of the changes to upgrade DCM to ver 2, while Phase 19 does not. Phase 19 only has the previous version of DCM. Now, Phase 19 ran flawlessly running over a thousand turns to end the game. In contrast, Phase 20 failed consistently sometime after turn 500 and crashed the game (CTD). :( The DLL complied successfully, so I assumed the SDK was OK, but maybe it's not. So at this point, I am compelled to conclude that Phase 20 of my project is broke. :sad: So I'm back to using my previous base mod, Phase 19, which I know for absolute certain works. I'm not sure how much testing you have conducted on DCM 2, but you might what to run it through using AI Autoplay to see how it performs.

I never used autoplay, but tested it in game for several turns. I also made sure there were no sdk compiling problems and no xml errors. I never got any crashes on the limited turns I used and after testing out the missions.

Is there anything else in phase20 that may account for the CTD's?

I ran a series of tests today. Phase 20 of my SDK project includes all of the changes to upgrade DCM to ver 2, while Phase 19 does not. Phase 19 only has the previous version of DCM. Now, Phase 19 ran flawlessly running over a thousand turns to end the game. In contrast, Phase 20 failed consistently sometime after turn 500 and crashed the game (CTD). :( The DLL complied successfully, so I assumed the SDK was OK, but maybe it's not. So at this point, I am compelled to conclude that Phase 20 of my project is broke. :sad: So I'm back to using my previous base mod, Phase 19, which I know for absolute certain works. I'm not sure how much testing you have conducted on DCM 2, but you might what to run it through using AI Autoplay to see how it performs.

I have not test with autoplay but I will, I did add this to CIV4DCMConceptInfos

<DCMConceptInfo>
<Type>CONCEPT_FENGAGE</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_FENGAGE_TEXT</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_FENGAGE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
</DCMConceptInfo>

madebe without it that this might be why its crashing for you we didn't have this before in DCM. I feel its needed now that we have FENGAGE in the mod. I also added to the mod UNITCLASS_FIGHTER the tag <bDCMAirBomb6>1</bDCMAirBomb6> we see if I get any errors I run some autoplays on the mod I get back to you guys

I never used autoplay, but tested it in game for several turns. I also made sure there were no sdk compiling problems and no xml errors. I never got any crashes on the limited turns I used and after testing out the missions.

Is there anything else in phase20 that may account for the CTD's?

No. Each Phase adds one major SDK mod, which I thoroughly test before moving on to the next phase. May I suggest that you download the bare bones version of BUG 4.4 and BBAI for testing. This is Phase one of my project. Merge your mod and run 100 turn tests on a standard size map, until the game finishes. You need to run at least 2 full games to have conclusive results.

Get it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18179

I have not test with autoplay but I will, I did add this to CIV4DCMConceptInfos

<DCMConceptInfo>
<Type>CONCEPT_FENGAGE</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_FENGAGE_TEXT</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_FENGAGE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
</DCMConceptInfo>

madebe without it that this might be why its crashing for you we didn't have this before in DCM. I feel its needed now that we have FENGAGE in the mod. I also added to the mod UNITCLASS_FIGHTER the tag <bDCMAirBomb6>1</bDCMAirBomb6> we see if I get any errors I run some autoplays on the mod I get back to you guys

I added your changes, but the CTD persists.

I added your changes, but the CTD persists.

Grand Inquisitions 255E

he not using <iDCMArcherRange>1</iDCMArcherRange> in his dcm319v2_0 did you merge the 2 or did you change it out

<!-- Archer Barrage -->
<Define>
<DefineName>DCM_RANGE_BARRAGE</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
<!-- Archer Barrage -->

<Define>
<DefineName>DCM_ARCHER_BOMBARD</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

ok i did merge the 2 like you said in post #46 going to see if i get errors

are you using m_iDCMArcherRange(0) in your mod he not using this tag check it out in the SDK CIV4UnitInfos

/*** RANGED BOMBARDMENT - Dale START ***/
m_iDCMBombRange(0), // Dale - Field Bombard: bombardment range set in xml file
/*** RANGED BOMBARDMENT - Dale END ***/
/*** ARCHERY BARRAGE - Dale START ***/
m_iDCMArcherRange(0),
/*** ARCHERY BARRAGE - Dale END ***/

/************************************************************************************************/
/* DCM 04/19/09 Johny Smith */
/************************************************************************************************/
// Dale - RB: Field Bombard START
m_iDCMBombRange(0),
m_iDCMBombAccuracy(0),
// Dale - RB: Field Bombard END
// Dale - AB: Bombing START
m_bDCMAirBomb1(0),
m_bDCMAirBomb2(0),
m_bDCMAirBomb3(0),
m_bDCMAirBomb4(0),
m_bDCMAirBomb5(0),
//Hangar Airbomb START//
m_bDCMAirBomb6(0),
//Hangar Airbomb END//

// Dale - AB: Bombing END
// Dale - FE: Fighters START
m_bDCMFighterEngage(0),
// Dale - FE: Fighters END
/* DCM END */

madebe this might be where the changes are hope this help you out

No. Each Phase adds one major SDK mod, which I thoroughly test before moving on to the next phase. May I suggest that you download the bare bones version of BUG 4.4 and BBAI for testing. This is Phase one of my project. Merge your mod and run 100 turn tests on a standard size map, until the game finishes. You need to run at least 2 full games to have conclusive results.

Get it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18179

yes sad to report it did crashed trying this out

this is my merging of the 2

I think I found the mistake in CyEnumsInterface

.value("INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB1", INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB1)
.value("INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB2", INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB2)
.value("INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB3", INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB3)
.value("INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB4", INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB4)
.value("INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB5", INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB5)
//Hangar Airbomb START//
.value("INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB6", INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB5) //Hangar Airbomb END//
.value("INTERFACEMODE_BOMBARD", INTERFACEMODE_BOMBARD)
.value("INTERFACEMODE_ABOMBARD", INTERFACEMODE_ABOMBARD)
.value("INTERFACEMODE_FENGAGE", INTERFACEMODE_FENGAGE)
/* DCM END */

going to make a new dll see if this fixes it

going to change it to
.value("INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB6", INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB6) //Hangar Airbomb END//

and i added this

.value("MISSION_AIRBOMB1", MISSION_AIRBOMB1)
.value("MISSION_AIRBOMB2", MISSION_AIRBOMB2)
.value("MISSION_AIRBOMB3", MISSION_AIRBOMB3)
.value("MISSION_AIRBOMB4", MISSION_AIRBOMB4)
.value("MISSION_AIRBOMB5", MISSION_AIRBOMB5)
//Hangar Airbomb START//
.value("MISSION_AIRBOMB6", MISSION_AIRBOMB6)
//Hangar Airbomb END//
.value("MISSION_RBOMBARD", MISSION_RBOMBARD)
.value("MISSION_ABOMBARD", MISSION_ABOMBARD)
.value("MISSION_FENGAGE", MISSION_FENGAGE)
/* DCM END */

I added the following two lines in the appropriate locations in the CyEnumsInterface.cpp file and recompilled the DLL.

Code:
.value("INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB6", INTERFACEMODE_AIRBOMB6) 

and

.value("MISSION_RBOMBARD", MISSION_RBOMBARD)

It still blewup.

new changes so far no crashed

I use CodeBlocks 10.05 to make my dlls so you see I added to CvPlayerAI #include "BetterBTSAI.cpp" so I can make my dll

// Dale - Field Bombard: moved above
// if (bombardTarget(pPlot) == NULL)
// {
// return false;
// }

change this back to in CvUnit

if (bombardTarget(pPlot) == NULL)
{
return false;
}

also added in CIV4TechInfos <bDCMAirBombTech1>1</bDCMAirBombTech1> to <Type>TECH_COMPUTERS</Type>

and <bDCMAirBombTech2>1</bDCMAirBombTech2> to <Type>TECH_LASER</Type>

plus made new CIV4TechnologiesSchema with the tags

<ElementType name="bDCMAirBombTech1" content="textOnly" dt:type="int"/>
<ElementType name="bDCMAirBombTech2" content="textOnly" dt:type="int"/>

<element type="bDCMAirBombTech1" minOccurs="0"/>
<element type="bDCMAirBombTech2" minOccurs="0"/>

got this from the Quot Capita mod

this is working for me now in BUG4_BBAI

check it out

I also change

I remove
// Dale - Field Bombard: the old....
{
return false;
}

In CvUnit.cpp my final change

// Dale - Field Bombard: make sure the unit can bombard
if (GC.isDCM_RANGE_BOMBARD())
{
if(getDCMBombRange() < 1)
{
return false;
}
}
else
{
// Dale - Field Bombard: the old....
{
return false;
}
}

I change it to this and it does work too

// Dale - Field Bombard: make sure the unit can bombard start
if (GC.isDCM_RANGE_BOMBARD())
{
if(getDCMBombRange() < 1)
{
return false;
}
}
else
{
}
// Dale - Field Bombard: make sure the unit can bombard end

CIV4BasicInfoSchema and CIV4DCMConceptInfos can be remove I see you are not using DCMConcept
in the SDK so I added the DCMConcepts to CIV4NewConceptInfos

Good work roamty. Thanks. Do you like the new mission/icons though?

Yes the new mission/icons are great

I just did a test with TTT - Modern Alliances and the mod did it first 500 turn test, seem to be working ok now with the changes I did in post #52

I have a question - does this version work (is it stable) and would it run in Multiplayer? Thanks!

This version does work. Haven't updated it yet, and not sure if it works in Multiplayer.

On another note I have finally figured out how to have route bombing enabled when merged with DCM. I'll update it with it and Roamty's revisions.

This has all the changes I made and Thankyou for updating the mod Love how the planes work now

Roamty, thanks for the bug fix. :goodjob: I'm testing it out now and it stopped my CTD on my IIW Mod.

However, I think that there is a typo in CvPlayerAI.cpp. At the top it has listed BetterBTSAI.cpp, but I think that it is actually BetterBTSAI.h because I get a compiling error with the former. What do you think?

BTW, revisions/progress on v2.1 are in the first post of the first page.

This has all the changes I made and Thankyou for updating the mod Love how the planes work now

I've updated the mod with all the fixes you made and made routes bombable. I still got the btsbetterai.cpp compiling error, so I took that out of CvUnit.cpp. I ran autoplay and it CTD at turn 450. Check out the mod for me please. It probably just is that ommission, but why am I getting a compiling error? How to fix that?

Top Bottom