Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

Honestly, apart from them both being light blue on brown, I don't see much of a resemblance. If anything, Dacia is closer to the Aztecs than to Khazaria in my opinion :p

I think JFD's Denmark-Norway is pretty close as well.

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by this release. Congrats on another great release.

Thanks all. I can see the resemblance with the Khazar colours, but I feel they are distinct enough in game. At least on the minimap. I do agree that JFD's Denmark-Norway civ is pretty close, though :shifty:.

Btw, I forgot to mention, I've left in a lot of print statements, which might be annoying. These can be disabled by setting the Debug setting to 0 in the UserSettingsFile.

Grats on the release Danmacsch!

Thanks for the surprise Dacians!

It's awesome that Hiram's icons are getting some use, and that they were finished so quickly. Any word on the specifics of how much XP the UB provides and what the options for the events do?

Looking forward to what comes next - whether it's some updates or Idris' time to shine.

Grats on the release Danmacsch!
Dacia looks excellent! Thanks for giving my icon a home :).
Thanks for making the icon in the first place - it's super great!

Thanks for the surprise Dacians!

It's awesome that Hiram's icons are getting some use, and that they were finished so quickly. Any word on the specifics of how much XP the UB provides and what the options for the events do?

Looking forward to what comes next - whether it's some updates or Idris' time to shine.
To tell the truth, I was a bit surprised myself to actually get it done this quickly. Tarcisio did it (even faster I think) with Assyria, and that had like a million unique diplo lines as well, so even though I hoped it'd be possible, I kept fearing some new bug would appear and take a day or more to solve. Thankfully it didn't.
Hoop had found some music btw, and I've realised the hill combat strength effect of the Sicaman doesn't carry over on upgrade as it should, so I'll push a quick update soon.

About the XP from the Dava, it's a one time bonus of 8 XP to each unit. So you'd do well with placing as many units together as possible around a city when building it.

Updated the Dacians.

Changelog:
- UA: changed the amount of Production received from promoting units. The amount is now based on the era you're in and will in all eras vary between 10 and 20 Hammers per promotion.

Still no music though. Can't find my bloody headphones :sad: and my speakers are broken :cry:!

Thanks both of you! I'll get the Dacians updated with music next then.

About the release/update schedule, I'm still working on a lot of updates for my older civs to bring them up to the current standard of mod support and coding.
Kanem-Bornu is practically done, but awaits a few things before it can be released.
After that, we might take a sudden detour in regards to releases, which haven't been discussed here before ;).

Thanks both of you! I'll get the Dacians updated with music next then.

About the release/update schedule, I'm still working on a lot of updates for my older civs to bring them up to the current standard of mod support and coding.
Kanem-Bornu is practically done, but awaits a few things before it can be released.
After that, we might take a sudden detour in regards to releases, which haven't been discussed here before ;).

Wait, what's your new icon?

Wait, what's your new icon?
That's the question now, is it ;)? What I can say for sure is, that it's definitely not Idris Alauma (Kanem-Bornu), almost surely not King Tut (Egypt), and most probably not Nicolo Vito di Gozze (Ragusa).

There's a hint in there, however bad it might be.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I updated Dacia a couple of days ago with music. Thanks for the suggestions Ajsieg and Hoop :).

Epirus released!
Spoiler :

So this was originally suppose to be released alongside MC's Greek split as an unofficial thematic tie-in mod. But since I'm away on vacation for the next few weeks and the Greek split still needs some last minor things before it's ready, this will be released now instead.
Consider it a thematic warming-up-to-the-greek-split release!

Notes:
  • UA: The Faith bonus from garrisoned Mounted Units scales with Era
  • UA: The Production discount you get on Mounted Units depending on your Faith output varies between 0% and up to 24%. Info can be found in the City Screen via MCIS. Also, see screenshots.
  • UA: The Production bonus from having Military Units on other landmasses than that of the Capital is capped at 15%. Info can be found in the City Screen via MCIS. Also, see screenshots.
  • UA: Other landmasses is not other Continent types, but, surprisingly enough, other landmasses.
  • UU1: The Combat Strength bonus the Tarantine Cavalry receives when an adjacent friendly Unit is killed is shown via a Promotion. This will also show the number of turns left the Unit has the bonus. Also, see screenshots.
  • Decisions: The Oracle at Dodona Decision gives +1% Faith in the City of Dodona for each Faith yielding building in the Empire. Enlightenment Era is supported. While typing this it just occurred to me that the Faith yielding buildings from RtP (Cathedral, Church, Daoguan, etc) isn't supported. Sorry! Will add support at first opportunity.
  • Pedia entries: There will be a whole bunch of extra entries for all mounted units in game unless you use JFD's Civilopedia mod (which there really isn't any excuse not to do!)
  • TAL: If using JFD's True Alternate Leaders, Pyrrhus will appear under Greece.
  • Debugging: If you're experiencing any problems, the best way to help me is to open the DMS_Epirus_UserSettings file, set the DMS_EPIRUS_DEBUGGING_ON setting to 1, and try to recreate the problem. And then send me logs :D.

Support:
Gedemon's YnAEMP + JFD's patch (v.23-24)
Sukritact's Events and Decisions
JFD's Cultural Diversity
JFD and Pouakai's Mercenaries
Pouakai's Enlightenment Era
JFD's Rise to Power (Piety, Prosperity and Sovereignty)
JFD's Cities in Development
JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded
Tomatekh's Historical Religion
Hazel16's Map Labels
Bingles' Civ IV Leader Traits in Civ V
BrutalSamurai22's Ethnic Units / R.E.D. Units

Credits:
The Kingdom of Epirus:
DMS/Damasc/Danmacsch: Design, code, icons, leader scene, map, DOM and diplo text,
Rob (R8XFT): City & spy list, pedias, possibly more(?)
Scapegrace: ripped of parts of her design
Klisz: Civ icon, lua assistance
LeeS, Tomatekh, whoward: lua assistance
The_Dank_Hybrid: pedias
danrell: unit models (original civ4 models by Bakuel)

And a special thanks to TranquilSilence for playtesting and helping me sort out a lot of bugs.

So...........if I had a unit on an island I'd get a bonus?

He bears a somewhat odd resemblance to a famous Bonaparte.

Ayyy, I helped with something!

This might actually drag me back out of EUIV to play some more Civ. Hopefully I'll be starting a game once more of the ancient civs have been released by ryanjames, More Civs and any other surprises.

Speaking of Ancient civs, really liking the new civs that have been added to the OP, huzzah for yet more Hellenism!

Top Bottom