darkciv 2

Do you include or plan to include in your mod components which improve AI, like Better AI or K-mod?

A new version is coming, it's almost done. It's just that I don't have that much time to mod civ4 currently, so I can't give you a date or timeframe, sorry.

l put the mod in the mods folder in BTS and when l start it up l don't have the main interphase eg: no civilopedia icon and no unit action buttons
my civ is in the right place
the mod file name is the same as when l extracted it (yes l made sure that l got the right folder in the mods folder)

please help me

This mod is really awesome , specially the Regimes. I have a question, why does the Leader Cult Civic requires No State religion? I mean, there have been governments like Francisco Franco, which was an "Fascist Eclesiastic Dictatorship?", so, you could change the Communist Regime to require no state religion and perhaps nerf fascism or crate a new regime.

l put the mod in the mods folder in BTS and when l start it up l don't have the main interphase eg: no civilopedia icon and no unit action buttons
my civ is in the right place
the mod file name is the same as when l extracted it (yes l made sure that l got the right folder in the mods folder)

please help me

Me too, sorry for double post, and HELP!

A new version is coming, it's almost done. It's just that I don't have that much time to mod civ4 currently, so I can't give you a date or timeframe, sorry.

Hi, i have been trying for about 5 hours now to get this mod to work. I have downloaded 7-zip and extracted the files, then moved them to the beyondthesword/mods folder. It loads up on the beyond the sword screen, but when i choose the mod it just flashes with a black screen and automatically quits.
I am fairly new to using mods so any help would be appreciated on figuring out how to get this to work, thankyou.

I downloaded this mod today. When I had done so, I discovered that I couldn't acess the civilopedia, and there was no interface. I have read though this thread to try to find a fix, but couldn't, so i fixed this problem myself. I've noticed that other people seem to have this problem, so here is what I did:

there is a folder called 'screens' in the assets/python folder for this mod. delete the 'screens' folder and you should be able to see the interface and have acess to the civilopedia.

Hope this helps.

Oh wow, I hope this doesn't count as thread-necromancy!

I am sorry to everyone who waited for this, I haven't been playing civ 4 for over a long time. I was very dissapointed with civ 5 and kinda not into civ games at all anymore.
But I uploaded the last version of darkciv2 I still have, I last worked on it a year and a half ago I think. My fiancee is still playing the mod to this day, and she says there are rarely crashes and everything works fine. So I will just release it as is for those interested.
So, what have I done in the meantime;
The "city states" are minors now, not like civ5 citystates at all anymore
Added a second barbarian player (natives)
new mapscripts
I looked on the web for some fitting, free music that I added
I worked majorly on the ai, they are now able the form proper strategies, specialize their cities, generate great people etc.
Slavers like in call to power, loved those! AI can use them too (albeit badly)
And lots of little changes I can't remember anymore, a lot of stuff I also removed to keep the mod slim and simple

This was a one-person project though and I did things my own way, so there are none of the fancy modules included that most mods have, like that bug interface and such.
Most civilopedia entries are empty as well unfortunately, others only available in english. (don't try to run this mod in any other language, I basically ignored other languages)

I just tried running it on my windows 7 machine and it had some errors, that I think I fixed now. (I ran one debug session this morning) I can't guarantee anything though. We always played this on our old windows xp machine, and it worked perfectly fine there. The new windows systems seem to be a different beast though. Just remember to run it as administrator.
The main menu image doesn't seem to look right on widescreen though.
If someone has an error related to the "theme"; that is cause by not installing the mod into the right folder. You can't name it in any other way than "darkciv2" and it has to be directly in the mods-folder of bts. If you have no interface, it's a python problem. I had not interface on windows 7 because it couldn't read the registry right for one of the mod components used, so I disabled that and it seems to run fine now.
Anyway, I just wanted to offer it if anyone is interested. I worked years on this mod and it would be a shame to not share it a bit at least. By the way; it was never meant to glorify dictatorships or genocide, I only ever wanted to have the negative sides of civilizations included, instead of a stalin that is a funny guy who loves elections.
I can't offer much support anymore though and it won't be further developed.

I just uploaded it to mediafire, I hope it's properly downloadable: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yq2w7pd2vy4s9kb/darkciv2-2015.7z

:spear:

Top Bottom