Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

There are custom theme modmods out there, everything should be compatible with the mod.

I've been looking and can't figure out where to find said modmods. I searched the root RFC and RFC Modmod forums with many terms and couldn't find any custom theme mods. Is there something I'm missing?

I only recall the BtS HUD, which is blue. DoC actually doesn't have custom interface colours unless you install the Carbon HUD module, so it is identical to BtS. Was vanilla different? Or are you thinking of something else maybe?

Edit: the vanilla interface config file is not compatible with DoC so I couldn't try, but I did look up the color defined there, which is RGB 69 93 156, the same blue.

In any case, if you want to change the interface colours or use those of another mod, that should be pretty easy too. The best approach is to start by installing the Carbon HUD module. Then:

1) changing the main background colour only:
Open Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme_Common.thm, search for ".BG" (you should find a "GColor .BG" entry) and enter the colour in the GColor entry next to it. The four values are RGBA (red, green, blue, alpha). Alpha is transparency which you can ignore (unless you want a transparent HUD for some reason?), RGB values are 0-255 decimal numbers. The Google colour picker I linked to above is a good way to find the right values for your desired colour.

2) steal another mods colours:
This is a slightly better approach because a theme consistens of more than just the main panel background colour, e.g. buttons and texts can have their colours changed too in appropriate ways. To do so, simply delete the entire Resource folder and replace it with the Resource folder from the mod whose interface you want to use.

I tried running 5 test starts today, all with everything as default setting expect the game speed, which was epic - 3000BC scenario NL starts. In 3 of 5 games Thai got the conquerors.

In my current game Thai has machine guns in 1835 and 500 points ahead of the next AI civ, am I the only one experiencing crazy Thai teching? :/

There's been a discussion about crazy Thai teching in the Unofficially Official Git Balance Discussion Thread.

Not me, anyone else?

What happened to the Git updates, it's been 5 days.

Has something real life related happened, or you've been working on something too interconnected to release before finishing, or etc?

I love this mod and I'm just a little confused by how suddenly progress stopped.

Has it?

In so far as something happened in real life, real life happened. As in stuff I do in real life sometimes. Also it's summer, where people like to be outside instead of sitting at a screen for a couple extra hours. Five days of inactivity isn't even that much, some DoC veterans probably still remember how I would sometimes disappear for multiple months without much announcement or explanation.

Not to mention all the time I spend sipping brandy and nursing my hatred for Greenland.

I get where this question is coming from, and it's nice that you're genuinely worried or probably excited for new content, which is great. But questions like this can easily create the impression of putting pressure on me and create the expectation that I'm supposed to deliver something every other day or so. And that's really not how I want to handle this.

Last edited:
Has it?

In so far as something happened in real life, real life happened. As in stuff I do in real life sometimes. Also it's summer, where people like to be outside instead of sitting at a screen for a couple extra hours. Five days of inactivity isn't even that much, some DoC veterans probably still remember how I would sometimes disappear for multiple months without much announcement or explanation.

Not to mention all the time I spend sipping brandy and nursing my hatred for Greenland.

I get where this question is coming from, and it's nice that you're genuinely worried or probably excited for new content, which is great. But questions like this can easily create the impression of putting pressure on me and create the expectation that I'm supposed to deliver somethin every other day or so. And that's really not how I want to handle this.

Oh okay no problem. I've only been frequenting DOC recently and haven't noticed this happen, so I was a bit concerned. No pressure is intended, and I definitely understand the want to go outside and enjoy summer.

If anything I'm the wierd one, having only went outside once since senior year ended...

Also it's summer, where people like to be outside instead of sitting at a screen for a couple extra hours.
Thus explaining why this update came in the late, late evening.

But, I was actually waiting on this, so I shall play! Thank you. :)

I'm a bit lost actually... This new update doesn't contain the fancy new tech tree. Presumably, I can somehow acquire this new update both with and without the new tech tree? How would I do such a thing?

None of the screenshots in the OP of the Welcome thread seem to work.

I'm a bit lost actually... This new update doesn't contain the fancy new tech tree. Presumably, I can somehow acquire this new update both with and without the new tech tree? How would I do such a thing?
I'm a bit confused by this question, which update are you talking about? Is there something I did that gave the impression that it would be available with and without the new tech tree.

If you are talking about the latest git update, it is applied to the develop branch, which includes the new tech tree. There is no way to get it without that.

None of the screenshots in the OP of the Welcome thread seem to work.
I know, I'll make new ones that reflect the current state around release.

If you are talking about the latest git update, it is applied to the develop branch, which includes the new tech tree. There is no way to get it without that.
I thought so, yes, based on previous experience... But when I launched the game, I had the original tech tree. Let me try the whole procedure again.

Yes, it worked now. Odd. But thank you. :)

Top Bottom