1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

Alright. No idea what happened either :)

2. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser King

Not sure about you guys, but ever since the Wonder limit I see La Mezquita built by the Arabs more often than the Moors. Is this an accident?

3. Leoreth

The bug report about the Babylonian UP made me completely reimplement it, and I like the solution much more now. I've gotten to the point where the bug has been completely recreated now. Seems like something else is wrong there, so I'm still investigating.

1SDAN likes this.
  4. Auric

Auric Chieftain

Is RiseAndFall.PY changed from the previous version? How do I activate multiple civ switch?

5. Leoreth

Between which versions? 1.14 to current? Yes.

But nothing changed with regard to multiple civ switching.

6. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

The GameOptions menu in the WB of the git version has an option which allows multiple civ switching.

7. Auric

Auric Chieftain

Thanks, I didn't know that. I was looking for the line below but couldn't find it. I was wondering if the line was renamed.
    def getAlreadySwitched( self ):
    return sd.scriptDict['bAlreadySwitched'

Btw is there a way how flip back to the original civ?

8. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

If you are in cheat mode, you use alt-z to cycle through the players. The civs are ordered by spawn date IIRC. shift-alt-z allows you to cycle in reverse order. You can switch to every civ, including the original one.

Yes, the line is renamed. That is because the StoredData module is completely rewritten. If you want to enable unlimited civ switching in RFC.py, search for "data.bAlreadySwitched = True" and comment out that line.

9. Ecthy

Ecthy Warlord

What is 'cheat mode'? What can it do?

10. Leoreth

See here. It also enables more information for tile hover texts with ctrl or shift, and you can reveal the map using ctrl+z.

11. Langley_17

Langley_17 Chieftain

I updated from 1.12 to 1.14 to check the new civs, features, etc. and I have some trouble with the Harappa.

Is the historical win possible with the new tech tree?
    In the last version you need a lot of techs to get the walls and some turns more to build them. I am at a loss of how to achieve it in time.

Any clue?

12. Mxzs

Mxzs Prince

Harappa has been an object of discussion -- search through the "Unofficially Official Git Balance Discussion Thread" -- but I guess no decisions have been made about how to fix it.

13. Leoreth

It's good that you bring it up though, I had forgotten about Harappa in particular, and apparently never created a ticket for it.

14. Langley_17

Langley_17 Chieftain

Thanks, I will check that thread later.

Maybe raising the time limit for the 2nd UHV condition is enough. I built the Oracle to get an extra tech (in exchange for researching Divination) but I was still a few turns short on getting Construction. Also, you can not hurry the walls now without despotism so you need some extra time for building them.

15. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 King

Is there a kind soul that can direct me to a list of possible TC conqueror event cities/spots for the various civs?

16. Leoreth

The concepts section of the civilopedia should cover it.

1SDAN and Cosmos1985 like this.
  17. NoShameD

NoShameD Warlord

I just finished a canadian game (at heir difficulty, marathon speed, but still :king:), even if I had some reloads so the congress give me St John's... but I noticed something strange : the Boston tile is marked as Canada, but the city is not needed to have all the canadian cities ! Is it intended ?
    And for the records : finishing time July 1908, final score : 35924 ! Just had to built a settler in every starting city, found 4 more cities along the american border and build culture to block their northern access, then finish the northern colonisation. No tech are really needed, I just searched refining (incase, for the petrol), and labour union for the better workers, then switched to culture (for a maximum coverage). Then you need a bit of luck for the peacekeeping missions, as you need some wars (obviously) involving civ that have less tech than you !

18. Leoreth

Boston is not intended as required, so the display is incorrect. Which is weird because I thought they shared the same code.

19. Auric

Auric Chieftain

I'm not sure what you mean. Doesn't matter. I changed "sd.setAlreadySwitched(True)" to "False" in RiseAndFall.py and it works just as well.

Interesting thing this cheat mode.I had no idea it existed.

20. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser King

I see that Harappa's city name map has been adjusted. Speaking of which, Spain and Aztecs need that too. For example, Spain founds Monterrey on the northern side of the Rio Bravo and has no name for Puerto Principe (western half of La Hispaniola island) or that place one tile south of the stone in Mexico.