Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Alright. No idea what happened either :)

Not sure about you guys, but ever since the Wonder limit I see La Mezquita built by the Arabs more often than the Moors. Is this an accident?

The bug report about the Babylonian UP made me completely reimplement it, and I like the solution much more now. I've gotten to the point where the bug has been completely recreated now. Seems like something else is wrong there, so I'm still investigating.

Is RiseAndFall.PY changed from the previous version? How do I activate multiple civ switch?

Between which versions? 1.14 to current? Yes.

But nothing changed with regard to multiple civ switching.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I was looking for the line below but couldn't find it. I was wondering if the line was renamed.
def getAlreadySwitched( self ):
return sd.scriptDict['bAlreadySwitched'

Btw is there a way how flip back to the original civ?

If you are in cheat mode, you use alt-z to cycle through the players. The civs are ordered by spawn date IIRC. shift-alt-z allows you to cycle in reverse order. You can switch to every civ, including the original one.

Yes, the line is renamed. That is because the StoredData module is completely rewritten. If you want to enable unlimited civ switching in RFC.py, search for "data.bAlreadySwitched = True" and comment out that line.

See here. It also enables more information for tile hover texts with ctrl or shift, and you can reveal the map using ctrl+z.

I updated from 1.12 to 1.14 to check the new civs, features, etc. and I have some trouble with the Harappa.

Is the historical win possible with the new tech tree?
In the last version you need a lot of techs to get the walls and some turns more to build them. I am at a loss of how to achieve it in time.

Any clue?

Harappa has been an object of discussion -- search through the "Unofficially Official Git Balance Discussion Thread" -- but I guess no decisions have been made about how to fix it.

It's good that you bring it up though, I had forgotten about Harappa in particular, and apparently never created a ticket for it.

Harappa has been an object of discussion -- search through the "Unofficially Official Git Balance Discussion Thread" -- but I guess no decisions have been made about how to fix it.

Thanks, I will check that thread later.

It's good that you bring it up though, I had forgotten about Harappa in particular, and apparently never created a ticket for it.

Maybe raising the time limit for the 2nd UHV condition is enough. I built the Oracle to get an extra tech (in exchange for researching Divination) but I was still a few turns short on getting Construction. Also, you can not hurry the walls now without despotism so you need some extra time for building them.

Is there a kind soul that can direct me to a list of possible TC conqueror event cities/spots for the various civs?

The concepts section of the civilopedia should cover it.

I just finished a canadian game (at heir difficulty, marathon speed, but still :king:), even if I had some reloads so the congress give me St John's... but I noticed something strange : the Boston tile is marked as Canada, but the city is not needed to have all the canadian cities ! Is it intended ?
And for the records : finishing time July 1908, final score : 35924 ! Just had to built a settler in every starting city, found 4 more cities along the american border and build culture to block their northern access, then finish the northern colonisation. No tech are really needed, I just searched refining (incase, for the petrol), and labour union for the better workers, then switched to culture (for a maximum coverage). Then you need a bit of luck for the peacekeeping missions, as you need some wars (obviously) involving civ that have less tech than you !

Boston is not intended as required, so the display is incorrect. Which is weird because I thought they shared the same code.

Yes, the line is renamed. That is because the StoredData module is completely rewritten. If you want to enable unlimited civ switching in RFC.py, search for "data.bAlreadySwitched = True" and comment out that line.

I'm not sure what you mean. Doesn't matter. I changed "sd.setAlreadySwitched(True)" to "False" in RiseAndFall.py and it works just as well.

Interesting thing this cheat mode.I had no idea it existed.

I see that Harappa's city name map has been adjusted. Speaking of which, Spain and Aztecs need that too. For example, Spain founds Monterrey on the northern side of the Rio Bravo and has no name for Puerto Principe (western half of La Hispaniola island) or that place one tile south of the stone in Mexico.

Top Bottom