Dawn of Russians

Some important issues:
*Economic stagnation
*Germany is strong and dangerous. They have captured Paris. It might be wise to think and find an efficient way to halt them.
*Britain requested our help against the Mughals
*Germans requested our help against the Ottomans

Political parties:
House of Nobles Party (Grigoryevich Orlov):
*Wealth on Alaska and Siberia, export in all prices, research at ~10%, widespread construction of custom houses, banks, grocers and markets
*Move army in Sankt-peteburg, Kiev, Lwow, Budapest
*Neutrality in mughals wars
*Liberate China if needed to keep economy alive
*Congress: Give Chinese cities to Asian states, keep the rest

National Party of Russia (Manuel Angelos):
*mass urbanization, mines in Siberia, give Lahore to the Mughals, Rome to the Germans, and Alaska to Britain.
*support France and Ottomans against Germans, (boycot Germans with spies)
*stop military development
*referendum: move capital to Kiev
*0% total funding of treasury

Christian Russia Party (Grigori Yefimovich Tchernin):
*Amendment of article 6: Adopt orthodoxy as state religion
*banks, grocers, markets
*liberate foreign cities if they cost
*stop military development
*0% Espionage
*~10% research
*deficit rule (5% of treasury)
*boycot Germany

Democracy party (VGL):
*Spread Constitutional Monarchy, ally with Constitutional monarchies
*Mass urbanization, banks, markets and other economical buildings
*Increase military
*If Germany becomes constitutional monarchy allies, else prepare
*If Britain becomes ally help them vs Mughals
*If Germany becomes ally help them vs Ottomans
*Egalitarianism, secularism

Well I guess my vote wasn't needed then :p .

Yeah you're a little late :p

I'll create the House of Nobles Party for the protection of the wealthy and landowning.

I'll post policies when I get home. Generally speaking though it is to protect the rich and graftsvos.

Also, may I suggest either being called prime minister or whatever the Russian name for president is. This is a constitutional monarchy.

I'm creating the Peoples Republic Party. The policies are to improve the economy and have Russia switch to Republicanism.

I can't accept unconstitutional parties.

The National Party of Russia

Head - Manuel Angelos

Economy- We support mass urbanization (cottages improvement) of Russia and development of Siberia starting with a massive road and later a railway going from Sankt-Petersburg to China. We also support the exploitation of Siberia's mineral wealth and the building of state sanctioned farms in Siberia where possible. In order to improve the economy, we support selling Lahore to the Mughals; Rome to the Germans; and Alaska to Britain.

Diplomacy - Directly, we should be friendly towards Germany. Indirectly, we should attempt to cut off their expansion opportunities at all paths as well as empower their enemies.
We believe in attempting to diplomatically isolate the Mughals as much as possible with an international embargo. We should also attempt to incite revolts in their outlying territories. We support the use of the military, if necessary, to "convince" the Ecunemical Patriarch to recognize Kiev as a Patriarch equal to Rome, Antioch, Constantinople, Jerusalem, and Alexandria. We should not go to war this term.

Espionage - We support a 20% budget towards our intelligence system.

Military - We should not expand the military any further. Should it become to much of an economic burden, we believe in downsizing the military.

Science - We support researching tech that supports science and commerce. We support a 20% budget towards science.

National-Level Proposals - We support a referendum towards moving the national capital of Russia towards Kiev.

Misc - We will let the Nobles keep their estates and wealth (though they can not inherit control over Russia). They can be elected to positions like every other citizen. They will be exempt from taxes except in cases of National emergency or Bankruptcy in which case they will be required to give a special levy in money to the government,

Until the urbanization programs are well underway, continue to operate the budget at 100% towards money.

*On the economy: All colonies in America are to immediately begin producing wealth. Likewise, cities in Siberia that are merely there to gather resources, are to also produce wealth. Then, open up trade between other nations by trading our resources for their gold per turn. Once that is done to its highest degree, we should lower the research until the economic growth. All cities that can benefit from economic buildings but do not yet have them should build such structures.

*On diplomacy with Germany: Build up a military and all extra soldiers currently available should be moved West. This is to ensure that if they were to attack, we are prepared. Do not declare war unless we are attacked first.

*On Britain asking for help against the Mughals: Absolutely deny helping them, we cannot get ourselves tied up in foreign engagements right now.

*On Germany asking for help against the Ottomans: Give them no Russian help whatsoever.

*The goals of the House of Nobles is to ensure that the property currently held by the landowning are protected. Needless to say, the poor and middle classes are to be treated no differently, but the rich must also have a say in government.

*If the economic situation becomes too dire, rid the Russian Empire of the far flung Chinese cities. Grant them independence to help lessen the weight on the economy.

*If an Asian nation were to ask for a Chinese city, give it to them, but if European nation asks for any Russian city, deny them that city. We must make sure the check the power of our rivals and ensure that we dominate international politics.

-Grigoryevich Orlov, Nobility of Uglich

It seems I lost the most important days on this story.

Well, and it seems we may look the savegame :yumyum: (that's the worst yummy emoticon I've ever seen, how can it be happy to eat with that neutral smile?)

Some questions:
Am I still under arrest?
Can I join a party? If so Caterpillar got my attention;
Which version of DoC is this? I hope it's 1.12 (not future SVN versions).

I'm seeing this situation and I just can't allow it. I VOTE NO
Wow! Another Brazilian Monarchist (of course he would vote no). It's your turn to join us Matthias!

Whilst looking through his Great-Grandfather's stuff in his old palace, Manuel found a secret letter stored in a chest.
Alexios Angelos said:
Dear fellow Populists,

I had high hopes in our victory. Alas, it seems that the traitors have seized control of the government! I should have known it would end this way as soon as I read the newspaper that lied about me agreeing to that dang bill arresting Monarchists! If it were up to me, I would have pardoned the Monarchists as long as they swore fealty to Emperor Nikolas and arrested the Jacobins as traitors to the Crown! Unfortunately, it seems that some Dark, Pagan God (OOC: citis) of Old favours the Anarchists and thus tried to make sure we and the Monarchy failed in our most Noble of Endeavors.
As the government has seized our wealth and estates, my family and I are leaving the country before the new government makes sure that we have a few "accidents." If you wish to join us, come to the port city of Parga in Greece next Wednesday. Be there by 2:00 A.M as we are leaving early in the morning to brush off suspicion. We will tell you we we're going if you show up. We cannot put the location in this letter due to security concerns. Do not let this letter fall into the wrong hands.

Godspeed,
Alexios Angelos
Apparently, his grandfather had assumed that the revolution would fail and so he made plans to flee the country. Manuel sold the letter to a museum in order to purchase some of his family's ancestral land back.

The Christian One Russia Party

Proposed By - Grigori Yefimovich Tchernin, reputed 'starets' (religious elder) of Derbend

Policies:
1. Return to [Organized Religion] the one true faith: the Lord will surely provide!!!

2. To care for the economy:
- don't forget that the Lord will surely provide if we are faithful to Him
- build banks, grocers, markets and any other buildings that provide significant monetary boost. Naturally prioritize Russian cities.
- liberate foreign cities to the highest bidder, starting with the weakest or most expensive to maintain.
- if this is still not enough (and how could it not be?), look to disbanding surplus garrison units etc.
- 0% Espionage until the economy improves
- research rate as high as possible while running a per turn deficit of less than 5% of the total treasury

3. Have nothing to do with those foreign wars for the time being. However, if Germany can be opposed secretly and inexpensively, then do so.

Verily I affirm and attest that I see only a future of unendurable hardship, of exile in the wilderness, famine and pestilence, for our beloved motherland, if we forsake the one true faith, even to the current lukewarm extent.

Long Live Mother Russia, the Tsar, and the Patriarchs.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit: Amen.

Due to some statements made by citis, I realize the actual meaning of my words might have been misinterpreted thus if you wish to sort out those interpretations, go to the Dawn of the Russians group and look at my conversation with citis in my Party thread.

It seems I lost the most important days on this story.

Well, and it seems we may look the savegame :yumyum: (that's the worst yummy emoticon I've ever seen, how can it be happy to eat with that neutral smile?)

Some questions:
Am I still under arrest?
Can I join a party? If so Caterpillar got my attention;
Which version of DoC is this? I hope it's 1.12 (not future SVN versions).

Wow! Another Brazilian Monarchist (of course he would vote no). It's your turn to join us Matthias!

Do you ever read the newspapers? :p You can find all the information there. You can find all of them concentrated in the "other public documents" in the first page. As far as the parties, see the group.

edit http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13564699&postcount=491

Can it be an underground party?

Yes, but it will be useless, since I won't play any civil war in-game and you their members will be imprisoned lacking their voting rights.

The Christian One Russia Party

Proposed By - Grigori Yefimovich Tchernin, reputed 'starets' (religious elder) of Derbend

Derbend is solely islamic! Do you want to adopt Islam? :p

Derbend is solely islamic! Do you want to adopt Islam? :p

Majesty, do not be misled. Derbend is riddled with Islam as it is riddled with traitors. But the true Russians, the Christian patriots, are still here, and I among them.

As for me, while it is good for my soul to be so persecuted for my faith (nor has much changed with the new constitution, far as we are from palaces, cathedrals and magistrates), out of compassion and patriotism I pray for a future day when we Christians are recognized and no longer oppressed here in the south. I have written begging the Patriarchs to send a mission to us, but I fear my letters were never received (until now).

Spoiler :
OOC: I suspect that the Orthodox Russians here are either colonists from elsewhere, or 'Russianized' locals in denial as to their ethnic heritage, and that our Grigori Yefimovich is one of the latter. But pray do not begrudge him that...:p

Top Bottom