Death of the McMansion

Hey, what program did you use for that? Was it any good?

Punch Home Design. Unfortunately, the thing only lets you build 3 levels, basements are a little tricky, and it only gives you 200'x200' of grid space (no super-sized palaces), but then again, it's meant for 1 house, and it's not that hard to pick up on, unlike what some reviews say. My youngest cousins love it, too. It's the very first thing they do when they come - Punch Home Design and SimCity 4 (or 3000).

I never said that....In fact I implied they are in many cases they are that when I said "I never said that minorities had anything to do with it being a war zone".

No, you just discounted the violence factor completely for the "white flight" nonsense. If you really want to dig to the bottom of this then look at the demographics of inner cities, their problems, and who runs them. Like I said earlier, it requires another thread. Is their extreme violence there? Who perpetuates it? Why would somebody seeking to raise a family live there?

Wait Wait

Inner Cities are War Zones Death Machine?

Which ones? Atlanta revitalized its downtown. Same for B-More, Pitt, and many others, but I guess you're not familiar with a building trend that started 8 years ago.
Don't feed me that crap. I've been to Atlanta recently, when was the last time you were there? Don't give me this revitalized nonsense. Are you safer in Suwanee, Dunwoody, or Atlanta? Yes, either of the suburbs, thanks, all done.

You are less likely the target of violent foreclosure lawyers in Atlanta.

Perhaps because less personal property is bought in Fulton County? When was the last time you were near Atlanta?

Perhaps because less personal property is bought in Fulton County? When was the last time you were near Atlanta?
What does personal property have to do with foreclosure? As for Atlanta, I was there a couple of months ago. Kind of like Dallas - safe in the high toned areas (unless foreclosure lawyers make you feel unsafe) and dangerous where there is poverty. Same as most other places in the world and history. Suburbs in both areas are ok if you aren't susceptible to dying of boredom.

What does personal property have to do with foreclosure? As for Atlanta, I was there a couple of months ago. Kind of like Dallas - safe in the high toned areas (unless foreclosure lawyers make you feel unsafe) and dangerous where there is poverty. Same as most other places in the world and history. Suburbs in both areas are ok if you aren't susceptible to dying of boredom.

Ok, die of boredom in suburbia, or face an inner city that has criminal devistation only blocks from prosperity .......................... hmmmmmmmmmm, I'll get back to raising my kids while you ponder these important issues.

Ok, die of boredom in suburbia, or face an inner city that has criminal devistation only blocks from prosperity .......................... hmmmmmmmmmm, I'll get back to raising my kids while you ponder these important issues.
The highest toned parts of Dallas are just across the highway from some of the most impoverished parts of Dallas. Those high-toned neighborhoods have lower crime rates than the Dallas suburbs (assuming you exclude such crimes as securities fraud and embezzlement).

Top Bottom