[R&F] December Update Video Thread

Not a patch, but a free update. Jesus Christ...
tomayto tomahto... I call free update a "Patch" and a major update an update... after all this free update applies to every single game... whether you have DLCs and expansions or not. While major updates only applies if you have NFP.

We already have a Leader Picker, we only can't choose wish Leaders we don't want in the Game. The Resource Picker would be more useful for Players who use Resource Mods, especially luxury resources. Since the Game only allows 4 Luxuries per Continent, it would be nice to choose resources that will be in the Game.
Don't care about any of that - Random leaders is just fiine, and being able to leave some out will make the game too easy.
Ditto resource selection.

Does look like a barbarian game mode is coming! Very exciting.

Wonder how it's going to work though. Not sure barbarians need any more early game strength, but instead need something to keep them relevant in the mid and late game.

Imagine if they could launch invasions, capture cities and create empires. This mixed with dramatic ages could create some crazy and dynamic games
Cool idea. Maybe it could be that if a lot of barbarian camps spring up close to each other and no one takes them out within a certain amount of time, they could join together into some kind of massive migration/invasion wave, targeting nearby civs. These barbs would be able to capture cities, and if they capture a certain number of them, they would then transform into a random civ that is not currently in the game.

So sorry, but I just do not like using Mods.
Too many times these have caused too many problems so not never, no more!
Your loss. Mods can also fix problems. :dunno:

I'm a mod minimalist. :D I do find mods sometimes introduce new problems. Even in my most recent game I had problems, but that was due to me not downloading an additional mod to accommodate having over 40 civs in the game (I ran out of jersey colors and had to deal with invisible units and civs not having any colors).

Lately I've found the maps and starting conditions of ynamp leave much to be desired. I get crunched in with a bunch of other AI's. I mostly only use ynamp for greatest earth map or other similar things. I haven't been satisfied with the random maps. I don't have this problem with the base game, it's something that's happening with the mod.

But I do enjoy the more units mod I have. Has things like rifleman and gatling guns. I can't remember the exact name. Also the additional UU mod that goes with it. And colorized historical moments, gotta have that one.

December Update Livestream is live now!

Not a patch, but a free update. Jesus Christ...
I've always seen "free update" as a negatively charged concept. Should we be grateful for an update? Are there paid updates? Patches (updates) are a long term investment into your community and their happiness about a product they already bought. In my mind there's expansions(large), DLC(medium) and patches/updates. I don't pay for patches or updates for any game or program. Have you ever paid for an update to your drivers or windows? They are always free. So "free update" is stupid and redundant.

Need +4 on adjacency bonus for rationalism, seems to also apply to the others that give the percentage boosts. And we already know about size 15

Ley lines now give major adjacency bonus.

I'm a mod minimalist.
I am, too, but some mods improve the game immensely or do things the devs should have done in the first place. :p I wouldn't play without YnAEMP or Historical Religions, for example. However, I have no interest in mods that add civilizations or make major changes.

tomayto tomahto... I call free update a "Patch" and a major update an update... after all this free update applies to every single game... whether you have DLCs and expansions or not. While major updates only applies if you have NFP.
Even free updates have patch notes.
I have always seen the terms used interchangeably, including by the devs/publishers themselves.
I've always seen "free update" as a negatively charged concept. Should we be grateful for an update? Are there paid updates? Patches (updates) are a long term investment into your community and their happiness about a product they already bought. In my mind there's expansions(large), DLC(medium) and patches/updates. I don't pay for patches or updates for any game or program. Have you ever paid for an update to your drivers or windows? They are always free. So "free update" is stupid and redundant.
Guys! It was a joke that it is a little pretentious and sly to call PATCH a free update :crazyeye:

Top Bottom