[R&F] December Update Video Thread

I wish for Ulugh Beg to come into Civ 6 as a Great Scientist.

I wish for Ulugh Beg as a leader for the Timurids, personally...:mischief:
Having a true scientist as a scientific leader (rather than a mere "patron of sciences") would be a nice change.
But I guess if people want Timurids it's not for the Astronomer Prince... (philistines).

Yeah.. sorry! :)

But the original post by @bite was already burried from December 7th -- while Firaxis Staff had just started another Tweeting cycle earlier this afternoon.
Bad timing on my part since i neglected to verify the thread for any duplicate flow.

Last edited:
So Kevin kissing the barbarian figurine in the video has been confirmed as being a hint for the free update coming in february. credit to u/urmumxddd
Was this known yet? I couldn't find any discussions on the forum about it.

ee308456-8cd4-4fae-b6fc-7135b899cc5f.jpg

So Kevin kissing the barbarian figurine in the video has been confirmed as being a hint for the free update coming in february. credit to u/urmumxddd

View attachment 578461
So we weren't just speculating?! Yeeeeeeesss!! :D

Looking good. The "Stop Asking Me Button" and the AI being more willing to raze cities are particularly welcome. I'm a little puzzled by the decision to make certain Eurekas easier though. In my mind, Eurekas should be harder and late techs more expensive in order to prevent ridiculous tech snowballing.

On a random side note, I'm hoping they could add "alternative Eurekas/Inspirations" for certain things. For example, my friend always plays with barbs off when he hosts, which means that it's impossible to acquire the boost for certain things, like Bronze Working, because they're dependent on interacting with barbs.

Raging barbarinas confirmed.

Looking good. The "Stop Asking Me Button" and the AI being more willing to raze cities are particularly welcome.

I fear that the "Stop Asking Me Button" will have some negative side effects that will convince me not to use it. For example, I appreciate the reminders that a friendship has expired. Hope it doesn't affect that, and the few other things I care to be reminded about.

I fear that the "Stop Asking Me Button" will have some negative side effects that will convince me not to use it. For example, I appreciate the reminders that a friendship has expired. Hope it doesn't affect that, and the few other things I care to be reminded about.
You can always say not now, the "Stop Asking Me Button" is optional, not disabled in settings, but you don't have to press it. :)

I loved raging barbs in civ 5 becuase I always took the Honor opener to get lots of free culture. But I don't think I'd use it much in civ 6. Except when I'm Gorgo or China/Babylon (for a lot of killing eurekas)

Does look like a barbarian game mode is coming! Very exciting.

Wonder how it's going to work though. Not sure barbarians need any more early game strength, but instead need something to keep them relevant in the mid and late game.

Imagine if they could launch invasions, capture cities and create empires. This mixed with dramatic ages could create some crazy and dynamic games

I have added all the changes to the Features Thread, please let me know if i missed anything
Secret Societies – An update to the Lay lines
Ley not Lay.

Combat – Melee Units bonus against Anti-cavalry Units reduced, the combat of teir-1 promotions is reduced.
tier not teir.

AI – Leaders will be less likely to give demands if they are doing badly in a war or you are stronger. Have a better sense as to when to raise a captured city.
raze not raise.

7/10. bite could do much better if he stopped fidgetting and trying to be the class clown. :)

Top Bottom