1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Decipher me or I’ll devour you[MODCOMP]

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Edungeon, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Is there a BtS version out yet? I assumed that when I downloaded the first version and tried implementing it in RFC. When the outcome was a miserable failure that I had no idea of how to fix, I thought I should come back here.

Any chance us BtS users might get to enjoy that idea anytime soon? :p

2. The Turk

The Turk Deity

After I download this where do I save it??
    (is this for RFC BTS or Warlords??)

3. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

haven't seen Edungeon in a while.
    I guess it is for Warlords

4. Edungeon

Edungeon Flying~

My last version is for Warlords... i quit playing normal RFC :) I am just waiting for the RAND... and i can't update this because i don't have the needed files anymore =P

5. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Shame. :undecide:

Personally I like this idea, very much.

6. The Turk

The Turk Deity

My feelings exactly, is it that hard to change it from Warlords to BTS version?

7. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Probably not but who am I to say? The most I've done to alter the game mechanics is switch around a few letters in the XML files. But then again, if it was as easy as it should be, I'm sure we would have had a BtS Sphinx for a good while now.

Any chance anyone else would want to make this BtS-compatible? Logical choice would be me or The Turk but I'm sure neither of us knows how to. :/

8. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

If it doesn't involve C++:mad:, I might try but there's no gurantee because of how much free time I have.

9. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Please could you do that:D, because i'm not very good when it comes to modding

10. Metal Alloy Man

Sorry I won't be able to do this until next sunday. Really Sorry, will definetly try then.

11. Metal Alloy Man

Here's ver.1.0 for BTS. I need beta testers as I currently haven't tested it. It should work, the only problem might be the text. Same installation as in post one. Once this one has been tested I'll upload the other two.

Attached Files:

12. Cethegus

Cethegus King

:D! I'll volunteers as one of the beta testers right now.

13. Cethegus

Cethegus King

If it wouldn't be too much of work, could you tell us exactly in which folders do the newly written information need to go or are we to figure that out by ourselves?

Right now the most I could do was try to sort out the files the best I could and then started the game as Egypt, Worldbuilt myself some improvements and the knowledge to use them... but when I tried to build "Stonehenge" (the civilopedia entry and name is still of the old wonder) the game crashed. :badcomp: I could see its graphics from Civilopedia though and it looked wonderful. :)

Anyway, any tips regarding what goes where? You'd get more detailed beta-testing on the spot if I only knew that much.

14. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Where do we put the file?

15. Metal Alloy Man

Ooops, I forgot to tell you to install it, sorry.:blush:
    My bad. Anyway, Civ4GameText_Sphinx.xml goes into RFC/Assets/XML/Text. Civ4ArtDefines_Building and Civ4ArtDefinesMovie.xml go into RFC/Assets/XML/ART. All the art files go into the corresponding file directories in the RFC directory. As soon as we get this to work with RFC I'll upload vers. 2 and 3. Also if it works for you guys with RFC I'd like for you to try it with RFC Random, same installation instructions since it should work.

P.S.-There was an error with my naming of the text file which I re-uploaded in my previous post. A.K.A. don't worry about it, all I'm saying is it may have been causing Cethegus's error. Also, thanks guys, your all I need in the way of Beta-testers though anyone's welcome to help.

16. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

thanks Metal, your last update is more user-friendly (simply unpack the files in the RFC main folder) and it works perfectly with RAND.

17. Metal Alloy Man

So no problems? I'll upload the other two later today when I've got time. All I have to do is copy and paste 2 XML files(ArtDefines_Building and _Movie) from v.1 into the other two. Thanks for the feedback guys.

18. Cethegus

Cethegus King

I'm going to try if the Sphinx functions properly now.

19. Metal Alloy Man

Added Ver 2+3 to the original post(#51).

20. Cethegus

Cethegus King

Tried it, it's working excellently now! Graphics click, wonder building works spot on, the civilopedia article is there, everything's clear. Excellent work, Metal Alloy Man. :D I thought I'd never see the day Sphinx would be transferred to the BtS RFC.

Everything works now. Albeit I just played as far as I need to build both Sphinx and Pyramids as Egypt, I don't see how this wouldn't work. If problems arise with my new game though, I'll keep you informed.

PS: One thing I'd like to add, something I found rather surprising - it's backwards compatible with earlier saves. My current Roman game worked perfectly and Great Sphinx (Stonehenge) was where it was built (Thebae) like it should be. One sidenote, though: the update includes only with graphics and names. Backwards completed Sphinx will give off no culture, didn't bother checking the other details.