Decipher me or I’ll devour you[MODCOMP]

after you download all the files, how do u get it to work?:(

Extract them to your Civ 4 > BTS > Mods > RFC folder. Easy enough.

If you have other modcomps installed on RFC, be careful. You'll have to extract them one by one that way and modify the newly installed files a bit when needed.

When you say RFC folder do you mean the 1181RFC folder becaues that's all I have I don't have just an RFC folder?

ya, i put it their, but nothing happend again, in the civilopedia it still says stonehenge and no sphinx. Here's where I put it:

My Documents
My Games
Beyond the Sword
Mods
RFCB1181
Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

And then all the documents are inside another folder called "Decipher me or I’ll devour youV1". Do I still need to put it in my assests folder?

Oh, that's an easy mistake. Sorry, didn't make it clear enough.

Copy all the files inside the "Decipher me" folder and extract them in the same folder "Decipher me" is currently at. Then you can delete the DMOIDY folder, but only after extracting the data.

Hope it works now. ;) If you have any problems, just come by here.

I'm still having quite a bit of diffuclulty, after I extracted the decipher me now mod into my v1.185 RFC folder I started up my game execept this warning came up

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 93
Is this version even updated to the latest version 1186?

but dosen't the shwegadon paya have the same unique gift, shoulden't it be all LABOUR civics available?

What, it does that? Then it is easily fixed.

Go to BuildingInfos.xml in Rhye's and Fall of Civilization > Assets > XML > Buildings and search 'BUILDINGCLASS_STONEHENGE'. Then search 'CIVICOPTION_RELIGION'. If it does enable all religious civics as you described, then you need to replace that with 'CIVICOPTION_LABOR'. And voila, the original Stonehenge effect is back here.

I learned XML following easy steps such as this. Try it, it's fun if you're willing to dedicate yourself to a game that much. Of course I can't do a thing about DLL, SDK or Python yet (don't know if I ever will) but for a beginner grasping XML is good enough.

After following you instructions, I started up the game, but then it said that I had all these errors, and when I went to the civilopedia to see if the Great Sphinx was working this is what came up for ALL of the wonders not only the sphinx

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 79
It looks like a simple XML error (some line was missing or looked odd). I suppose you had a backup of CIV4BuildingInfos.xml somewhere before the change? If not, re-extract the said file from the latest patch's the Decipher Me's RAR.

The line I told you to change is supposed to look like this:
Spoiler :
<CivicOption>CIVICOPTION_LABOR</CivicOption>

Make sure that line is on the same level with the other lines on the other rows. It shouldn't stand out by being one space stroke to the left or right.

The entire XML file can't be that distorted just because you replaced some piece of information to say otherwise. You must have done a little mistake somewhere and not realized what's wrong. Can't say I haven't been there a dozen times already... Retry with the new instructions after replacing your current BuildingInfos file with the backup. I can't recall the Great Sphinx modmod doing anything else than replacing the graphics and Civilopedia entries, though.

Ok, so I did what you said, but the say warning came up, here is a picture of it, but this predates me trying to fiddle around with the civic options, so I think something went wrong

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 82
What? That's in the art XML folder, unrelated to the earlier XML file we were talking about. It's without a doubt missing a line of text somewhere. I'll try to provide you with correct text. (I can't promise anything since I'm using a different Sphinx art and can't play Civ 4 at all currently)

This is for BTS version of RFC:
Spoiler :

<BuildingArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_STONEHENGE</Type>
<LSystem>LSYSTEM_2x2</LSystem>
<bAnimated>0</bAnimated>
<fScale>0.9</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.8</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Sphinx/sphinx.nif</NIF>
<KFM/>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/sphinx.dds</Button>
</BuildingArtInfo>

After installing the new patch for RFC, I had to get rid of this modcomp, but now that I'm trying to reinstall it, the same thing is happening to me (look below at the picture I posted), does anybody know why this is happening?

After installing the new patch for RFC, I had to get rid of this modcomp, but now that I'm trying to reinstall it, the same thing is happening to me (look below at the picture I posted), does anybody know why this is happening?

This modcomp isn't compatible with the new version. Someone needs to update this modcomp.

Since I have no modding skills at all, could someone please update this modcomp to the new RFC version. Thanks! :)

It works perfectly fine with any version. Just copy-paste the Sphinx lines (4 or 5) from the old Civ4ArtDefines_Building.xml to the new file, assuming that it has changed but to my knowledge it has not so as usual I am puzzled about what you're messing with Turk :p
Btw I posted the files for installing it together with Varietas Delectat in the VD thread.

To make it work with any RFC/RAND/RFCMP/etc version do not extract the Civ4ArtDefines_Building.xml file, and instead edit the existing one in the XML/Art folder. Open the file with notepad, search for "Stonehenge" and replace the lines you find with these (obviously, after having installed the other files as well):

Spoiler :

<BuildingArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_STONEHENGE</Type>
<LSystem>LSYSTEM_2x2</LSystem>
<bAnimated>0</bAnimated>
<fScale>1.1</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.8</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Sphinx/sphinx.nif</NIF>
<KFM/>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/sphinx.dds</Button>
</BuildingArtInfo>

Top Bottom