• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Defense Pacts broken a LOT for no reason?

Dearmad

Dead weight
In my current game I was running DPs with a lot of nations- and they'd end in 3 turns or so- without the other nation or myself declaring any war that I can see? Anyone seeing this?

Are there other reasons Defense Treaties end?

Oh and on the turn it ended, usually the other nation would offer it to me again. :crazyeye:

Isn't the idea with a Defense Pact that you and your DP friend will look stronger so no one will want to attack you and in that case that you haven't been in any war during the DP time, wasn't that the point with it?

Edit: I read it wrong, sorry

Edit2: How long should they last according to Pedia?

defense pacts last 30 turns and is broken if someone in defense pact declares war on someone else because that person is the aggressor.

But I'm pretty sure no war is being declared... and they are breaking?

This happened some games to me in vanilla, hope it was fixed in G and K

Is it early game? Is it possible wars are being declared on nations you just don't know yet? To a large extent, I'm hoping DPs are just broken for you for some reason because if this is not the case that means diplomacy is still completely <snip>.

Moderator Action: Inappropriate language removed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I have to say that I played a game with Oda Nobunaga of Japan, made a DP with him, and it went 30 turns, and we both renewed it, and on we went with no problem until I broke it myself and attacked him (he was the last player with his capital besides myself).

I haven't seen any problem with DP yet, and it appears that other AI's are more willing to sign a DP with me than they were in vanilla.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bug of some sort that happens only half the time, or only happens to certain civs or if certain religious beliefs are chosen.

Is it early game? Is it possible wars are being declared on nations you just don't know yet? To a large extent, I'm hoping DPs are just broken for you for some reason because if this is not the case that means diplomacy is still completely <snip>.

It's happened from Renaissance to Industrial age (current) for me. And they are breaking a LOT. Almost pointless to have them for me in this game. I do have multiple ones. Maybe I should only have one?

If you can post a game replay of when it happens a lot, im sure someone could review it, i wouldnt mind doing but i dont have any dlc's or expansion. Also I am sure you dont have any mods activated?

Update:
So I stopped renewing DP's. And EVERY turn even though I don't HAVE one, it said the DP's ended, and each turn Spain keeps asking me for one and I refuse.

-shrug- annoying!

Is is possible it's just the notification? Do you click it to make it go away? I ask because I have a bug where city requests for resources won't go away for the length of the game unless I restart. For a long time I kept thinking I was getting the request repeatedly, until I realized they just weren't going away with the end turn button.

Yeah the notices are gone and then reappear. I think I'll do a quick reinstall through steam and see. But I have a feeling it's something particular to the game I played and that it is a bug. It's a very annoying bug for sure.

ALso why does it have to give TWO notices when a DP is over- one that my DP ended with them and one that their DP ended with ME!? LOL.

Top Bottom