Defying an apostolic resolution

Jamanix

Chieftain
What are the consequences of defying an apostolic resolution? I have noticed in the past unhappy citizens saying something like "The whold world thinks we're evil" or something to that affect... other than unhappiness, are there other consequences?

Welcome to the forums Jamanix!

no just the temporary unhappiness in any of your cities that have the APs religion

this goes away when you don't defy any resolution (you can still vote no)

the only AP/UN related diplo modifiers are the "+2 you voted for us"

Hmm, I read elsewhere that you remove it by voting YES for a resolution that passes. Was this a new change?

Anyhow, it will also disappear after 10 to 20 turns on its own. I'm just not sure about the length...

No, the voting YES part has been that way for a while. It certainly doesn't disappear very quickly on its own, though, in fact I think it might not disappear at all unless you meet the conditions to become a member again. (I'll also defer to someone who knows exactly how it works).

Also, to Jamanix, just in case you didn't know, another warning is that the AP resolutions affect you even if you don't have the state religion, just have the religion in one of your cities. However, you only get the votes of that single city, so you will be outvoted; the best way to deal with the AP is to go in fully or avoid it altogether as best as possible (theocracy prevents them from spreading the religion to you). In short, the AP is broken and senseless, but you can learn to deal with it.

Spoiler :
I think it should be changed so that it has 0 effect on anyone who isn't of the religion (or perhaps causes minor unhappiness on a city by city basis). Every vote should otherwise be changed to be based on the entire empire's population, no modifiers, and diplo win require the same % of world population that a normal diplo win does. Again, my solution now is just to avoid it.

What are the consequences of defying an apostolic resolution? I have noticed in the past unhappy citizens saying something like "The whold world thinks we're evil" or something to that affect... other than unhappiness, are there other consequences?

If you defy, and the vote would have passed if you had voted "No," then you will suffer 5 unhappiness in every city without the Globe Theatre. If you defy, and the vote would not have passed if you had voted "No," then you don't suffer any of the unhappiness.

Defying will remove the hammer bonus until you vote "yes" on a passing vote. Your cities will get a fixed +5 :mad: per defy (it can stack) in cities with the religion, but not that this does dissipate faster if other religions are also present in a given city.

Also, any new city you gain with the AP religion, be it by sword or missionary, will NOT have the defy unhappiness, and the temple and monastery will give the hammers.

It can get tricky, especially since one of the biggest resolutions to defy is "stop the war" if you dont want to stop. You defy, all your CURRENT AP cities get the :mad:, then you capture a couple more AP cities, and they wont be in "defy".

Top Bottom