Deity AI builds SS Parts without tech?

ConsoleCowboy

Chieftain
Hello All,

In my deity games It seems like the AI builds SS parts as soon as they have Apollo Project online. They immediately build thrusters and stasis chambers even though they beg me for the needed tech!

I play on the recent Version, PC-Version with BUG-Mod, BTS and earth18 Scenario. Is it just me, not getting something, a bug or a bonus they AIs have from deity level?

Maybe with that scenario the AI builds with Vanilla rules although the game is BTS?

Yours puzzeldly,

ConsoleCowboy

You mean they beg before or after building the part?

If it's the former, it might be that they trade or beg/demand for it from others.
If it's the latter... Well, then I don't have a clue. IIRC the difficulty boosts are just things like increased production, tech rate, health and less maintenance.

No, the AI is not suposed to have that kind of bonus , and to be frank , I never saw something similar to your experience happening. Like others said, please post a save of where you think that is happening , to confirm or deny that ...

It's easy to confuse which part needs which tech too. If they're begging for ecology for example there's nothing necessarily stopping them from spamming casings.

You are playing on Deity! Do deities really need permission, or technology requirements? they just wish it. You are lucky, the deity did not start off right away at the beginning.

Hi guys, sorry for the late answer. I will post save later that day (euro-time) when I come home. I was with my client for the last days and couldn't follow the discussion. Maybe I am mistaken with my observations but it seems to me that the AI goes Rocketry, nearly immediately after builds Apollo (okay for me - they have the bonus production) but then they pop Casings, Thrusters und what not in the double or triple about 4-5 Turns after Apollo. For thrusters they would need Fission (which they beg from me) and noone has the Casings-Tech yet. Even if I confuse the techs, the speed at which they build those thrusters can't IMHO be explained with the AI Bonus. Even my best City needs 10 Turns for SS Parts. (It's Madrid on Earth18 - Egypt spams Thrusters - their cities are not really famous for production). My guess is, that they start earlier producing those parts - maybe even before Apollo.
Since it's a scenario from ye olde days, I guessed that maybe only I play by BTS SpaceRace-Rules while the AI is still hardwired to the shorter Vanilla Tech-Tree...

I don't think the map file holds any data concerning AI bonuses an handicaps.

Thrusters can be built with superconductors, which I imagine the AI(especially Egypt ;)) can tech quite easily while building Apollo, since it's available with refrigeration or computers.
Composites on the other hand requires Plastics and Satellites... Might have been traded for, orf might have been another AI building them.

The Deity bonuses are quite massive really, coupled with the huge map bonuses making it easily possible to build SS parts in 5ish turns... Well, that's what my intuition says at least.

Does the AI have internet.
I remember Once I got Rocketry tech via Internet but I didn't have neither Artillery nor flight. So maybe he got the needed techs and didn't got prerequists.

Even if I confuse the techs, the speed at which they build those thrusters can't IMHO be explained with the AI Bonus.

You may not be aware of the cummulative era bonus the deity AI's get. This is also applied to even projects, so their space-ship parts are VERY cheap (to put it lightly).

Top Bottom